Finatsride for very early hair thinning/ prevention?

9tfrizzco

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasteride for very early hair thinning/ prevention (1 year updates page 2)

Hey guys, 22 year old male here, and over last few days have noticed my hair is starting to feel thinner than usual, a bit like candyfloss, and can see my scalp in my fringe when I style it. Even though I have thin hair anyway, something is definitely up.

My dad was completely bald by late twenties. And on my mum's side they don't exactly have full heads of hair either.

Heck I really don't want to go bald. Shall I just start finastride now and hope for the best? And how best to obtain it?

- - - Updated - - -

update with a couple of pics:

you can't tell that much from them because of the **** quality, but i'm sure my hair is thinning over quite a general area. it feels and looks like it is. i want to act on this **** quickly so i've booked an appointment with my gp for next week. i'm pretty sure they won't prescribe me anything at this stage but i'm going there just in case they do/second opinion. if they don't, where can i buy pills?

Attachments

• Photo_00867.jpg
    Photo_00867.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 300
  • Photo_00843.jpg
    Photo_00843.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 296

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think inhousepharmacy.biz is the one many people on this forum use (I have never used them though).

9tfrizzco

Established Member
Reaction score
I think inhousepharmacy.biz is the one many people on this forum use (I have never used them though).
Thanks for the response, I have another question which anybody should feel free to try and answer..

Are there any risks involved with taking finasteride aside from the side effects? For example, if I was to take finasteride for a while and then stop after experiencing side effects I was unable to cope with, would starting finasteride and then stopping it perhaps cause me to go bald quicker than if I had never taken it? (perhaps as some kind of hormonal compensation)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey guys, 22 year old male here, and over last few days have noticed my hair is starting to feel thinner than usual, a bit like candyfloss, and can see my scalp in my fringe when I style it. Even though I have thin hair anyway, something is definitely up.

My dad was completely bald by late twenties. And on my mum's side they don't exactly have full heads of hair either.

Heck I really don't want to go bald. Shall I just start finastride now and hope for the best? And how best to obtain it?

- - - Updated - - -

update with a couple of pics:

you can't tell that much from them because of the **** quality, but i'm sure my hair is thinning over quite a general area. it feels and looks like it is. i want to act on this **** quickly so i've booked an appointment with my gp for next week. i'm pretty sure they won't prescribe me anything at this stage but i'm going there just in case they do/second opinion. if they don't, where can i buy pills?
I started on finasteride with less hair loss than you. Before you decide to start on finasteride, consult with an expert on hair loss instead of a GP. I feel hair transplant docs have more experience with hair loss than GP's and some will see you for free initially if you are consulting with them about your master plan to keep your hair. hair transplant docs are going to be more supportive in helping you treat your hair loss than a GP.

9tfrizzco

Established Member
Reaction score
I started on finasteride with less hair loss than you. Before you decide to start on finasteride, consult with an expert on hair loss instead of a GP. I feel hair transplant docs have more experience with hair loss than GP's and some will see you for free initially if you are consulting with them about your master plan to keep your hair. hair transplant docs are going to be more supportive in helping you treat your hair loss than a GP.

Not sure where I could see a hair transplant Doctor.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Not sure where I could see a hair transplant Doctor.
Not sure if the admin will alow me to post this but go to spexhair.com and contact Spex and see if he can direct you on who to see in the UK. He is an awesome person and will be happy to help anyone in your situation.

9tfrizzco

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the admin will alow me to post this but go to spexhair.com and contact Spex and see if he can direct you on who to see in the UK. He is an awesome person and will be happy to help anyone in your situation.
Done, would really like to hang on to these locks till i'm 30.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Done, would really like to hang on to these locks till i'm 30.
Trust me, you are going to want to hang on to as much hair as you can at any age. When you get to 30 you will hope to hang on to whatever hair you have at 30 until 40 and so on. No one really wants to lose hair at any age. Its what keeps us youthful looking.

9tfrizzco

Established Member
Reaction score
Trust me, you are going to want to hang on to as much hair as you can at any age. When you get to 30 you will hope to hang on to whatever hair you have at 30 until 40 and so on. No one really wants to lose hair at any age. Its what keeps us youthful looking.
feels like i'm thinning pretty fast :(, no way will i have hair when i'm 40 unless something revolutionary is released by then...

- - - Updated - - -

guyss..

do you think would it be ok to start on rogain and nizoril before seeing anybody? i've just not been able to get this off my mind, and i think i'll feel better once i start doing something about it.

9tfrizzco

Established Member
Reaction score

went under the microscope today at a hair 'clinic'. seems as though i might be thinning in more of a classical way than i thought(front sides), with the way i style my hair creating an illusion that i'm thinning further back. not sure if it's been thinning for a while or just started recently, but the person there said it looked like it had been slowly progressing over time, which was a surprise to me as i've noticed it really suddenly. how do you even tell this anyway?
it was a bull**** place anyway, she was trying to flog me some laser treatment for 2 grand. 'forgot nasty pills with side effects, this is all you need', she kept saying. my mum totally bought it. anyway need to see a dermatologist to get a more informed idea of what's going on, and hopefully some finastride if needed.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah its amazing how much misinformation is out there on hair loss just because its poorly understood so I guess that makes a good excuse for people to make things up or believe lot of their own theories. Right now without experimental stuff its basically propecia or go bald. Nothing else works nearly as well and even other proven stuff does not keep hair. Gonna be a few more years before something better.

9tfrizzco

Established Member
Reaction score
well i've been on finasteride for two weeks but i can tell my hair is thinning rapidly and so i'm ****ed anyway.

greaatttt.

going to start looking into hair systems.

9tfrizzco

Established Member
Reaction score
aaand 4 months later on big three- thoughts?

i think it's got better. some people have said my hair looks thicker and it seems to be growing a bit faster. sometimes i think my hair looks **** other times i think it looks ok, a lot seems to depend on greasy or how long it is. i just hope i can maintain what i have.

Attachments

• Photo_00873.jpg
    Photo_00873.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 194
  • Photo_00875.jpg
    Photo_00875.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 197

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I'm really glad for you. With your already excellent baseline it appears you have a win win situation. You are truly fortunate. Thanks for sharing and best wishes!

abcdefg

Reaction score
I would think of propecia as a temporary thing. Unlike the last 20 years I really do think the next 5 we will finally see a better replacement for it so everyone will be able to drop that stuff. You wont have to take propecia forever.