Finasteride

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Jaygee said:
Would you say more people than not experienced Telogen Effluvium with Propecia?
Shedding Yes. Telogen Effluvium, No. Please click the word "Telogen Effluvium" <--- to learn what Telogen Effluvium is. Propecia does not cause Telogen Effluvium. It can cause shedding. Click the word Shedding <--- to see what that is and how it is different.

Jaygee said:
Some people say they never stopped shedding even after discontinuing, and never regained what they had lost.
1. We have no way of verifying the accuracy of these people's statements.
2. There are nonresponders who just don't respond to propecia and continue to lose hair during and afterwards. 17% of people as a matter of fact. Shouldn't catch you as a surprise or concern you.

Jaygee said:
That, more than anything else to me, is the ultimate crapshoot in this game.
Not really. There is solid data with statistics and exact numbers down to hair counts with Propecia. Unless you're one of those people who buys into conspiracy theories, you can put your trust in what we do know about Propecia. 83% of people who use it will have the same or greater hair counts on their head after 2 years of use. Period. Not really betting the farm or a total crapshoot at all.

HairLossTalk.com

Axon

Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
fat is not gyno....I have fat on my chest. My gyno symptoms are a hard lump under the nipple. It feels like a hard lima bean right beneath the skin surface. Other early symptoms can be very sensitive or itchy nips. But if they just start looking puffy it's probably just time to diet.

Of course. You speak as if I'm not as educated on the subject as any of the other posters who have the 5th most posts and a joined on date second only to HairLossTalk.com amongst active posters.

But then, I was 6'1" and 160 lbs at the time. When you're that thin, puffy nipples don't appear normal. Since I also was experiencing some chest sensation at the time, I was paranoid. Now imagine if I had gone around spewing all that on these sites?

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com: Hi. I was hoping you'd drop by.
I would like to think that this current 150+ per day phase I'm in is my annual "spring shed". Only a couple days ago did I read something (I think it was on here) that mentioned that some people's hair fallout seems to intensify at some consistent point in the year. Before that I wasn't sure if there was such a thing as a "spring shed". I just hope that's what this is. I have no way of knowing if the minoxidil had anything to do with last year's ending when it did, although logically thinking it probably didn't.

The thing is, I'm afraid to start finasteride in the middle of this shed. When I went on the minoxidil a year ago, I was losing 150 then, too. For exactly 2 1/2 weeks after starting, I went through a shed where I lost maybe 300 per shower. But no visible change occured to my eye. Subsequently the fallout rate dropped dramatically for a couple of months. I was cautiously optimistic that the initial shed had meant it was working for me, but recently I have become certain that it is thinner up there than it was a year ago. (Formerly merely a wide part line, it's now a wide part line with barely transparent pataches on the sides of it. Still not anything one would notice without close examination, but well, you know.)

In most cases that you know of, did Propecia sheds manifest themselves visibly---i.e. obviously less density? I could take another 300+ shed (I guess) if I knew it wasn't gonna suddenly change everything cosmetically.

Ach. This must be what skydiving for the first time is like. You know the parachute will [/i]probably open, but...

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Jaygee said:
HairLossTalk.com: Hi. I was hoping you'd drop by.
I would like to think that this current 150+ per day phase I'm in is my annual "spring shed". Only a couple days ago did I read something (I think it was on here) that mentioned that some people's hair fallout seems to intensify at some consistent point in the year. Before that I wasn't sure if there was such a thing as a "spring shed". I just hope that's what this is. I have no way of knowing if the minoxidil had anything to do with last year's ending when it did, although logically thinking it probably didn't.

The thing is, I'm afraid to start finasteride in the middle of this shed. When I went on the minoxidil a year ago, I was losing 150 then, too. For exactly 2 1/2 weeks after starting, I went through a shed where I lost maybe 300 per shower. But no visible change occured to my eye. Subsequently the fallout rate dropped dramatically for a couple of months. I was cautiously optimistic that the initial shed had meant it was working for me, but recently I have become certain that it is thinner up there than it was a year ago. (Formerly merely a wide part line, it's now a wide part line with barely transparent pataches on the sides of it. Still not anything one would notice without close examination, but well, you know.)

In most cases that you know of, did Propecia sheds manifest themselves visibly---i.e. obviously less density? I could take another 300+ shed (I guess) if I knew it wasn't gonna suddenly change everything cosmetically.

Ach. This must be what skydiving for the first time is like. You know the parachute will [/i]probably open, but...
You're overanalyzing. You don't measure things in increments of a few weeks or months with these treatments anyways. Things fluctuate too much. Get better, get worse. Start Finasteride and Minoxidil and control any itch you may end up getting (minoxidil induced or not) and give it a year. You will be happy with the results.

Or sit and stew over the what if's and do nothing. Those are your choices.

HairLossTalk.com

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Axon said:
BadHairDecade said:
Of course. You speak as if I'm not as educated on the subject as any of the other posters who have the 5th most posts and a joined on date second only to HairLossTalk.com amongst active posters.

Never said you're not educated on the subject. Sorry if you took it that way.

BTW # of posts don't mean a thing. Just means you got a lot of spare time :lol:

Axon

Reaction score
NO IT MEANS I R TEH GENIUS AND SURPERIORZ TO AWL LOLOL

However, suggesting I don't know the most basic symptoms of Gyno is silly. Post counts don't mean much, which is why I cited my born on date. If I haven't proven that I know what I'm talking about at this point, I guess I never will.

Axon

Reaction score
Cassin said:
I think the number of posts you have equal the amount of spare time you have at work and how much you want to help.

:lol:

Yup. Basically my job is as such:

3 hours insane work

2 hours sittin' there

5 hours insane work

go home

repeat