finasteride soon to expire in june, still effective?

truxton86

Reaction score
Do you think takijng finasteride that will expiry in 4 months from now is risky as it may have lost some of it's efficacy?

I'm currently taking a batch that will expire in june but it's giving me anxiety that it's not as effective.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I've read it should still be fine for a few months after expiration. Also, with finasteride in particular, keep in mind that even doses of 0.25mg are still going to inhibit a lot of DHT. So even if it is expired and loses some potency, it's still likely only by a very small percent. Probably less than 10% of a reduction in potency. Nothing to worry about unless it's like a year old. Relax. @DoctorHouse have you dealt with expired or near-expired finasteride? My last bottle was nearly expired too, but worked just fine.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
From what I've read it should still be fine for a few months after expiration. Also, with finasteride in particular, keep in mind that even doses of 0.25mg are still going to inhibit a lot of DHT. So even if it is expired and loses some potency, it's still likely only by a very small percent. Probably less than 10% of a reduction in potency. Nothing to worry about unless it's like a year old. Relax. @DoctorHouse have you dealt with expired or near-expired finasteride? My last bottle was nearly expired too, but worked just fine.
I never used expired finasteride but I am sure a few months after they expired they should be fine.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think takijng finasteride that will expiry in 4 months from now is risky as it may have lost some of it's efficacy?
No, it won't be expired, generally they just stick a standard 2 year Use by date on it to encourage product rotation, its not the actual timeframe that finasteride starts to expire.