Finasteride Shed Stories / Success Stories

Gary Ferguson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi guys. I’ve been on finasteride for almost 4 months now and I’m still going through heavy shedding, lost around 30-40% of my density in these months. Just wondering if any of you could drop your finasteride shed stories and how it went for you. Trying to find some reassurance as it’s slashing my confidence to shreds. Cheers

fallenfall

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should rejoice because shedding means that sh*t is working. However I am not sure how long should shedding last on finasteride.

Gary Ferguson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should rejoice because shedding means that sh*t is working. However I am not sure how long should shedding last on finasteride.
hopefully it is, can you look at my other post as well just to see if there's any difference between those two photos, much appreciated.

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just out of interest, do you have an oily scalp, itchiness, burning, higher libido, dry hair since starting finasteride?

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I went through a disgusting shed at the 3 week mark. It just seemed to happen so rapidly. Everyday I lost more and more hair. I regretted starting it and I was so close to discontinuing it because at the time it mentally broke me seeing myself becoming so bald, but I stuck it out. Now it's been over 4.5 month's and the results are better than I could ever had imagined.

Gary Ferguson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I went through a disgusting shed at the 3 week mark. It just seemed to happen so rapidly. Everyday I lost more and more hair. I regretted starting it and I was so close to discontinuing it because at the time it mentally broke me seeing myself becoming so bald, but I stuck it out. Now it's been over 4.5 month's and the results are better than I could ever had imagined.
So just stick it out and hope for the best

dabigmon

My Regimen
Reaction score

Is that really what it means? I'm going through it now. Always had Crazy thick hair, only started finasteride as a "precaution" from a slightly receding hair line. Absolutely terrified from this shed.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pics?

ForeverLacey

My Regimen
Reaction score

Actually it does not. I was on Finasteride for two and a half years and in that time I suffered a chronic form of telogen effluvium. That is two and a half years of aggressive shedding that I never had prior to using. Thankfully it ceased after I had discontinued the drug and recovered 80% of my thickness back. Even though telogen effluviums are common when starting a 5AR inhibitor it does not mean you will be a responder or have positive results. All this means is that the drug has had some effects on your endocrine system which triggered a telogen effluvium. Only if and when your hair loss ceases or you see regrowth can you say the drug is working. Unfortunately, you won't know until you are several months into treatment.

johnlogan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using it for 16 years and now I’m starting losing my hair again! Kept me stable for a long time. I will continue to use 5mg or day. I’m 42 years old!
Attached is me 14 years ago vs now!

Attachments

• 3A5FDD72-04FA-4DD1-A195-3F5A9092E259.jpeg
    3A5FDD72-04FA-4DD1-A195-3F5A9092E259.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 498

johnlogan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wooow amazing, have u experienced any major sides with finastride tho?

No nothing big! I have had times that I have felt less horney but no problems with getting hard! I’m my 40s I’m less concerned about hairloss as I was in my 20 & 30! So the worst is behind me...