Finasteride Sex Drive Issues (ed/libido)

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, was wondering how u doing. Confused whether you are on the fina at the moment or not. I've read some places where people have good result on .25mg twice a week (maybe slower progress though) with sides being present but at a lesser degree and waning over time. Also, you probably already read of the Spex method where u only take .25 for a week or to, then 2x next cycle etc. Or is simply just a matter of your body not being able to tolerate in which case best is to listen to it. U only have one. U might enjoy netter hair for 5-10 years but your life will/should continue after that. Whatever you choose, choose so that u'll be happy with u'r choice later down the road. Good luck!

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, was wondering how u doing. Confused whether you are on the fina at the moment or not. I've read some places where people have good result on .25mg twice a week (maybe slower progress though) with sides being present but at a lesser degree and waning over time. Also, you probably already read of the Spex method where u only take .25 for a week or to, then 2x next cycle etc. Or is simply just a matter of your body not being able to tolerate in which case best is to listen to it. U only have one. U might enjoy netter hair for 5-10 years but your life will/should continue after that. Whatever you choose, choose so that u'll be happy with u'r choice later down the road. Good luck!

No finasteride at the moment. I will never try it again.
Still lower sex drive and ED at the moment. I feel like it's gotten slightly better but at best it's 10% of where it should be. If you put me on the spot with a girl, it would not go too well. I feel more of a man again and have more energy which is good though. I'm sure it's a matter of time - I get this when coming off a steroid cycle too ... it'll probably take 1-2 months in total.
It's been 2 weeks now. Will report back next week to see if there is a difference.

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah - no more finasteride. I feel like a pussy on it.
Side effects dropping off considerably now - I'd say I'm 50% better and can go about my normal life ... rest will come over the next month or two I'd assume.

I'm using Nizoral, Minoxidil (Regaine) and pumpkin seed oil (2000mg) now. Using growth hormone secretagogue MK677 which help help but that for the gym anyway.

I'm still an Norwood 1-1.5 so lets hope something else creeps along by the time my hair looks sh*t.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey one question. Are you turbomasturbator or do you have normal sex?

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey one question. Are you turbomasturbator or do you have normal sex?

Q is are you a turbowanker?
People like you are a big issue - sitting here on online forums with your hair loss paranoia thinking you’re well imformed based, yet lacking any real medical training. Don’t try to be a doctor and diagnose my problems if you have no idea.
I know you’re trying to imply it’s all in my head but no, it’s not.

——-
Anyhow...
Generally feeling a bit better compared a few weeks ago. However, having ran bloods a few months ago and T levels being perfect - my new results taken a couple weeks ago came back with V low T levels. The only thing that’s changed in that time frame was me starting to take finasteride.

Retested again on docs orders and hopefully things are on the rise - at least physically I feel like that. It has taken 2-3 months to completely feel good and have my sex drive return on past finasteride attempts.

I really think finasteride is a horrible drug!

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Phahahahah.... OK.

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I got retested and my testosterone levels have doubled since stopping finasteride. In a range of 10-30, my test was 5. after my retest last week, it was 11. 11 is still low but I can definitely feel an upward trend is mood, libido etc.

I will aim to get retested again in the next month to see if the way I feel correlates to my testosterone levels.

I think I've figured out I basically can't take finasteride though. I get severe depression, anxiety, ED, no libido, put on fat and can't put on muscle amongst other things. There is no drug worth the side effects.
Maybe some people's body's can tolerate it but I certainly can't.

My current regime is pumpkin seed oil (1000-2000mg a day), Minoxidil and Nizoral (2-3 times a week). I hope it's enough to maintain.

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Side effects finally gone. I'll leave this blog here to remind me not to try finasteride again. What an awful drug.

veneno

My Regimen
Reaction score
im 6 months 1mg finasteride , i have many side effects5brain fog , decreased libido, less eja volume, it all come like a wave; 2 days realy off then light sides for 3 to 4 days ) ; im 25.5 years old with moderate hair loss type (father completely bald at 35) was 2y on minoxidil on and off , now currently using 0.4ml twice a day with LLLT 20m eod, manage to keep very thick hair after a maderate recession(balding since 23)
recently i noticed that with 0.5mg finasteride all sides that im getting (decreased libido and brain fog ) are less intence , also noticed some light itch backround of scalp but not as before finasteride, hope i will maintain im still 2 weeks at 0.5mg per day , im also supplementing 12mg zinc 2 to 3 times a week and 1g Lcitrulline eod and Orale pregnenolone at 5 to 10 mg per day eo2d (given me so much mental energy , mood etc)
.5mg is half the dose so less liver work and less time in system, it leads to less hair growth , thats what im experiencing at least

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't be rude to @stachu, he's been here too long :D

I'm on finasteride for a few years now and I'm starting to get sides I guess. It's not too bad, but less libido and less random boners and it takes longer to get one some weeks.

I suggest if you can't use finasteride to try out Ru58841 (follow hellousers guide).
It should hold your hair until Breezula comes out.

I will reduce finasteride now to one pill ever three days and skip every third week.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Side effects finally gone. I'll leave this blog here to remind me not to try finasteride again. What an awful drug.
That was a great Christmas gift for you, man. Being sides free. Congrats! How long did you have the sides for?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't be rude to @stachu, he's been here too long :D

I'm on finasteride for a few years now and I'm starting to get sides I guess. It's not too bad, but less libido and less random boners and it takes longer to get one some weeks.

I suggest if you can't use finasteride to try out Ru58841 (follow hellousers guide).
It should hold your hair until Breezula comes out.

I will reduce finasteride now to one pill ever three days and skip every third week.
Is your plan to come off of it for good or just try out different doses hoping you get the right one?

el_duterino

Reaction score
Guys, we now can get Clascoterone aka CB 03-01 which is the active component in Breezula/Winlevi from the same guys making RU, namely our friends in China.

If you worry about sides, do not use RU, CB is much better and safer than RU and results are the same. Costs more though, but still reasonable - I use 50mg a day dissolved in a bottle of Neogenic or you can use ethanol/pg and this costs me 2.8 dollars a day for CB, not bad for zero side effects.

I have been using RU for almost 10 years and it does give sides, but not CB and this has been confirmed by the human tests.

I get night and morning wood EVERY night on 50 mg of CB and not on 15 mg of RU so this is clearly a good sign.

In fact CB has been cleared to be used by teenagers which is a very good safety proof, while finasteride cannot be used by this age group.

el_duterino

Reaction score
dutasteride will give you side effects - more than finasteride - and its less effective than an anti androgen for the hairline

thats because anti androgen will block T as well as DHT and dutasteride does not block T in fact it raises T a bit

And the best anti androgen is the type which has no systemic effect so that the body does not realizes that something is wrong, thus will not compensate by increasing androgen receptor sensitivity and T production

dutasteride has no future as a hair loss med, it was useful in 2000-2010 but we have much better now

Last edited:

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride will give you side effects - more than finasteride - and its less effective than an anti androgen for the hairline

dutasteride has no future as a hair loss med, it was useful in 2000-2010 but we have much better now

Not all people will respond to antiandrogens, thats why a 5-alpha reductase may be needed to synergise, especially long term.

Also we dont have the perfect 100% androgen blocker yet. The stronger ones go systemic, we all know that.

Its pretty heavy stuff using both dutasteride and RU or CB but some Androgenetic Alopecia cases are going to need both antiandrogenic measures.

Last edited: