Finasteride & Progesterone - Progesterone & Prolactin Raised AFTER STOPPING Finasteride

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone shed some light on this please?

Progesterone raised to double the upper limit

Prolactin raised

Gyno & ED.

Supposedly Finasteride is supposed to REDUCE Progesterone??

Last edited:

Valkyyr

My Regimen
Reaction score
i would never start taking finasteride without some estro blockers and cabaser on hand. doctors giving it out like candy without no protection. bodybuilders have more sense about that stuff and use better protocols than these quacks.

jazz1

Reaction score
I use both Topically, 01% Finasteride and 025% Progesterone.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i would never start taking finasteride without some estro blockers and cabaser on hand. doctors giving it out like candy without no protection. bodybuilders have more sense about that stuff and use better protocols than these quacks.
Yes you’re right but now what to do to bring the progesterone down?

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes you’re right but now what to do to bring the progesterone down?

Why do you keep asking this question? Why do you keep making the same damn thread constantly?

You were already suggested to take exemestane.

You can either take exemestane or increase test/dht (trt) to counter progesterone.

If you have elevated prolactin, it's easily taken care of with dopaminergics.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
exemestane targets f-ing estrogen not progesterone so how do you get around that?

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers.

well what’s the issue then? Estrogen is within range towards the bottom end.

user394587

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's going to be hard to answer your questions without seeing a full lab panel.

To make any sort of judgement one would need to see:

Total T
Free T
E2
DHT (ideally)
SHBG
Prolactin
LH
FSH

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers.

well what’s the issue then? Estrogen is within range towards the bottom end.
Yes, Progesterone inhibit 5-alpha reductase and aromatase, so DHT and Estrogen, if Progesterone is high, should be low.
There is almost none clinical information on Progesterone and Prolactin in males ( compare to the information we have for women ) . For many decades it was spouse that were female hormones with not value to the males. About estrogens high levels are as bad as low levels for libido
You should check your liver, did your checked your liver enzymes ?

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, yes I’ve checked my liver too, results below:

Bloods

Albumin - 35-50 g/l

- result 41.5 g/l

Shbg - 18.3 - 54 n/mol

- result 56 n/mol

FSH - 1.5 - 12.4 iu/l

- result 3.99 i/ul

LH - 1.7 - 8.6 iu/l

- result 5.39 i/ul

Oestradiol - 41 - 159 pmol/L

- result 57 pmol/L

Testosterone - 8.64 - 29 nmol/L

- result 20nmol/L

Free test - 0.2 - 0.62 nmol/L

- result 0.358 nmol/L

Free androgen - 24 - 104

- result 41

Prolactin - 86 - 324 mu/L

result 580 mu/l

DHEA Sulphate - 4.34 - 12.2 umol/L

- result 9.44 umol/l

Progesterone <0.474 nmol/L -

result 1.1 nmol/L

Liver health

Bilirubin - < 24 umol/L

- result 11.3 umol/L

ALP - < 130 IU/L

result - 68 iu/L

ALT < 50 IU/L

result - 44 IU/L

GGT 10 - 71 iU/L

result - 17 iu/l

Last edited:

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT and TSH would've been helpful as well.

Your prolactin is elevated, take care of that. My progesterone is higher than yours with even less free androgens and I don't have PFS, that isn't your issue.

Take 10mg b6 p5p minimum everyday with vitamin d 5,000IU minimum. You can stack other dopaminergics if you want, like Ginkgo and Forskolin. But p5p over time should lower your prolactin, it is comparable to Cabergoline in high dosages, but I recommend just starting a small dosage and taking that everyday.

user394587

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree with the above, your problems are very likely being caused by your elevated prolactin.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TSH - 0.27 MIU/L - 10 MIU/L
Result = 1.9MIU/L (Optimal)

FT4 - 0 PMOL/L - 30+ PMOL/L
Result = 18.3 PMOL/L (Normal)

Question: If the higher progesterone isn’t causing the elevated prolactin, what is? Progesterone inhibits DHT but DHT without finasteride suppresses progesterone...correct?

Vitamin D 5000 IU that is going to help how?

Charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It helps lower prolactin, vitamin E does as well.

Stop asking a bunch of anxious *** questions and just do what you're told for once so you don't have to make this stupid *** thread again.

I'm tired of people with "PFS" asking for help then pushing back or ignoring any advice they're given. If you think you have the f*****g answers then go take care of the problem yourself and stop annoying other people.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
TSH - 0.27 MIU/L - 10 MIU/L
Result = 1.9MIU/L (Optimal)

FT4 - 0 PMOL/L - 30+ PMOL/L
Result = 18.3 PMOL/L (Normal)

Question: If the higher progesterone isn’t causing the elevated prolactin, what is? Progesterone inhibits DHT but DHT without finasteride suppresses progesterone...correct?

Vitamin D 5000 IU that is going to help how?
"Progesterone inhibits DHT but DHT without finasteride suppresses progesterone...correct?"
No ! DHT don't supress progesterone, all the contrary . In a normal body, if estrogen or DHT go high, more progesterone is secreted to balance . DHT and Estrogen are like the ying and yang, and the hormone that control both is progesterone.
Who know really why your prolactin levels are high, you must search for posible cause of high prolactin, may be you have a whole other problem before finasteride and, of course, finasteride don't help either . Or may be finasteride caused, without hormone levels checked before you started using it. it is imposible to say.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It helps lower prolactin, vitamin E does as well.

Stop asking a bunch of anxious *** questions and just do what you're told for once so you don't have to make this stupid *** thread again.

I'm tired of people with "PFS" asking for help then pushing back or ignoring any advice they're given. If you think you have the f*****g answers then go take care of the problem yourself and stop annoying other people.
What stupid questions? Just bcoz someone’s in a bad space doesnt mean you have to belittle them and if this tread is so stupid no one is forcing you to look at it or comment on it. I appreciate your response in terms for help. I don’t appreciate the attitude I’m getting for asking for a little help. Yeah I may be anxious. So would you if you were in my position.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Progesterone inhibits DHT but DHT without finasteride suppresses progesterone...correct?"
No ! DHT don't supress progesterone, all the contrary . In a normal body, if estrogen or DHT go high, more progesterone is secreted to balance . DHT and Estrogen are like the ying and yang, and the hormone that control both is progesterone.
Who know really why your prolactin levels are high, you must search for posible cause of high prolactin, may be you have a whole other problem before finasteride and, of course, finasteride don't help either . Or may be finasteride caused, without hormone levels checked before you started using it. it is imposible to say.
From what I’ve read, finasteride uses the same pathway of 5AR inhibition to inhibit progesterone. I have a hormonal panel before I started. I’ll go through my archives and try finding it.