finasteride - Possibility Of Reflex Androgenicity?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've only been on finasteride for a month but I am slightly paranoid that it's having the opposite effect on my hair, due to some obscure side effects. My jizz load has doubled, and reloads much quicker than previously, my libido is way up, my skin seems a tad greasier, my gym lifts all mysteriously went up substantially all at once and I've had an EPIC shed. Diffusing is getting really bad and the frontal hair which was previously thick broke.

Anyone had the same experience and had POSITIVE results afterwards? Is this an indication of it not working? I'm also on lllt, minoxidil on the crown and top, and nizoral.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
possibly a poor responder, too early to tell

if your scalp starts burning and itching, then you can worry

LLLT is bullshit

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never. Ever. LLLT is junior-level scam. Too lame! :rolleyes:

There are 10s of studies which show minor improvement though. I'm not talking about a dodgy laser comb with 2 diodes, I'm talking 128 650nm 5mw lasers.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
possibly a poor responder, too early to tell

if your scalp starts burning and itching, then you can worry

LLLT is bullshit

The scalp itch went away actually, but maybe that's the nizoral or something.

g.i joey

Reaction score
if your scalp isnt acting up i wouldnt be to worried at what you're experiencing.. My libido was through the fkn roof the first month i ever took finasteride. This is a normal body response trying to re compensate for the lack of DHT by shooting up your testosterone. Things will most likely level out in the coming weeks.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've only been on finasteride for a month but I am slightly paranoid that it's having the opposite effect on my hair, due to some obscure side effects. My jizz load has doubled, and reloads much quicker than previously, my libido is way up, my skin seems a tad greasier, my gym lifts all mysteriously went up substantially all at once and I've had an EPIC shed. Diffusing is getting really bad and the frontal hair which was previously thick broke.

Anyone had the same experience and had POSITIVE results afterwards? Is this an indication of it not working? I'm also on lllt, minoxidil on the crown and top, and nizoral.

I had similar effects on finasteride.Within a week on med, my hair that used to be dry with zero sebum became extremely oily and scalp pimples were formed. My hair started to shed massively. I went from extremely dense NW1 to NW2 in matter of three months. I got frustrated and stopped the med after three months and hair loss slowed down considerably. It's been over 8.5 years since then and my hairline has slowly receded to Norwood 2.5. My hair quality permanently changed and my naturally dry hair became oily. finasteride permanently altered my endocrine system. It feels like sh*t because I never had hair loss to begin with and never needed to take finasteride. Needless to say that taking the drug was the biggest mistake of my life. It's a very powerful drug and should only be taken by people who absolutely need it.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
@pjhair that's rough, bro. What are you using now for your hair loss?

I am not using anything for hair loss right now. After bad reaction to finasteride, I am extremely paranoid of any med and want to avoid them as long as I can. However I am getting increasingly desperate as the pace of recession seems to have increased in the past two years. I will continue to monitor the situation and if things continue to get worse, I will get on some kind of medication. I will probably first try S5 cream as Dr. Proctor has recommended spironolactone cream to those like me who suffer from reflex hyperandrogenicity on finasteride.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had similar effects on finasteride.Within a week on med, my hair that used to be dry with zero sebum became extremely oily and scalp pimples were formed. My hair started to shed massively. I went from extremely dense NW1 to NW2 in matter of three months. I got frustrated and stopped the med after three months and hair loss slowed down considerably. It's been over 8.5 years since then and my hairline has slowly receded to Norwood 2.5. My hair quality permanently changed and my naturally dry hair became oily. finasteride permanently altered my endocrine system. It feels like sh*t because I never had hair loss to begin with and never needed to take finasteride. Needless to say that taking the drug was the biggest mistake of my life. It's a very powerful drug and should only be taken by people who absolutely need it.

Would be interesting to see you try the CDnuts protocol.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would be interesting to see you try the CDnuts protocol.

Yes I wondered about that to. If it works for me, it may revert my scalp sebum to my pre-finasteride days. But I am not sure if it will do anything for hair loss. According to Dr. Proctor, one reason people lose hair on finasteride when hit with hyperandrogenicity is because their androgen receptors become more sensitive. Number of receptors may also go up. I am not sure if CDnuts protocol will actually decrease receptor sensitivity or their numbers. Also, it's been around 8.5 years. Do you think my endocrine system can still get back to normal after so many years? Also, I think my testosterone level has gone up on finasteride as I have increased body hair and sebum production. Doesn't CDnuts also entails methods to boost testosterone levels? I am worried that may make hair loss worse.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I wondered about that to. If it works for me, it may revert my scalp sebum to my pre-finasteride days. But I am not sure if it will do anything for hair loss. According to Dr. Proctor, one reason people lose hair on finasteride when hit with hyperandrogenicity is because their androgen receptors become more sensitive. Number of receptors may also go up. I am not sure if CDnuts protocol will actually decrease receptor sensitivity or their numbers. Also, it's been around 8.5 years. Do you think my endocrine system can still get back to normal after so many years? Also, I think my testosterone level has gone up on finasteride as I have increased body hair and sebum production. Doesn't CDnuts also entails methods to boost testosterone levels? I am worried that may make hair loss worse.

There's not a lot of precision science to it, just proof-of-concept that it has helped people with depression and erectile dysfunction as a result of PFS. It's kind of like how chicken soup was used to treat colds one hundred years ago, people knew it helped but they had no idea why.

But you have nothing to lose by the first few steps. The latter steps might be risky though.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's not a lot of precision science to it, just proof-of-concept that it has helped people with depression and erectile dysfunction as a result of PFS. It's kind of like how chicken soup was used to treat colds one hundred years ago, people knew it helped but they had no idea why.

But you have nothing to lose by the first few steps. The latter steps might be risky though.

I will look at the protocol in more detail. I looked at it once and saw that it recommends testosterone boosters that made me lose interest. If other steps can bring my endrocrine system back to pre-finasteride days it will be amazing.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
PFS is a myth.

Don't reject others experiences just because your own differs from it. People tell me that reflex hyperandrogenicty is a myth too and it is impossible that finasteride can trigger hair loss, but as a sufferer, I know all too well that it is real.

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't reject others experiences just because your own differs from it. People tell me that reflex hyperandrogenicty is a myth too and it is impossible that finasteride can trigger hair loss, but as a sufferer, I know all too well that it is real.

Agreed. My hairloss has gone into over drive since starting propecia 20 months ago. I don't have any symptoms typically linked with hyperandrogenicty, however.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pjhair, just because fina worked in one way it is no indication how dutasteride will work. Fina is weak and unpredictable in many cases, some need stronger stuff, and in my case duta hasnt given me any negative sides. It may not work for you but its worth a try, its the best there is, in a few years you will likely regret wasting time on bs cures from the nofap-parish.

Edit: if you didnt have male pattern baldness to begin with, well... its not called PFS but selfinflicted idiot syndrome. However its highhly doubtful that fina gave you dht sensitive follicles, hope you dont get too offended when i say youre full of something. Seriously??? finasteride Induced Male Pattern Baldness, no gene? LOL. You can bet your both testicles you had male pattern baldness to begin with..

Last edited:

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Edit: if you didnt have male pattern baldness to begin with, well... its not called PFS but selfinflicted idiot syndrome. However its highhly doubtful that fina gave you dht sensitive follicles, hope you dont get too offended when i say youre full of something. Seriously??? finasteride Induced Male Pattern Baldness, no gene? LOL. You can bet your both testicles you had male pattern baldness to begin with..

It never ceases to amaze me the confidence some people display in making absolute claims about some thing as complex as the effects of powerful drugs on human body. Especially when qualified professionals such as Dr. Proctor themselves have admitted that it is possible for finasteride to trigger or expedite hair loss. It can and does happen. But if you have committed yourself to denial, I can't help.