Finasteride Or Patience, 23 Going On 24

Jackdoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
2A08DAA7-3D4F-4ACA-B6DB-6CB6393CF6FC.jpeg
BF77339F-50EB-4FF3-8CE4-802738EF9232.jpeg
Hey guys, been worried about my hair for a couple of years now, but now it seems like it’s getting worse with no improvements. Been a really stressful couple of years for me and my hairline has just been getting worse and worse. Saw a YouTube video of Ashton Kutcher talking about avodart then I decided to do some research and came across this forum/website and saw finasteride. This is pretty serious stuff so I was thinking about not doing anything major until the end of the year when I turn 24 and try to change my life and managing my stress better. As for my hairline I know it’s receding, looking at my old pictures it’s pretty obvious. Always had a widows peak but hair line was pretty straight for the most part, but now it’s going all the back, especially at the temples. Just wanted to get some second opinions from everybody here and see any other options I have.

Attachments

• 920E5C64-1B5F-4531-BDB0-6735F6818138.jpeg
    920E5C64-1B5F-4531-BDB0-6735F6818138.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 113

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to make you aware that there is a chance Finasteride can speed up your hair loss. It happened to me and a number of other people on here. I'm not trying to scare monger but just make you aware of some of the risks that aren't even listed as side effects.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not rely on patience.

Finasteride does not speed up hair loss as one commenter said it could.

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not rely on patience.

Finasteride does not speed up hair loss as one commenter said it could.

Oh okay, my increased shedding, burning itchy scalp, increased miniaturised hair which only started after taking finasteride is all in my head.

I don't deny that finasteride works for alot of men, but there are so many people on these forums that like to dictate that these side effects don't exist because they either don't experience it themselves or they choose to ignore it. It can speed up hair loss because it's happened to me, and a simple search will show I'm not the only case.