Finasteride Nightmare Shed Has Destroyed Hair And Is Not Recovering

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you had known me for the last 6 months you would've seen how much my hair has deteriorated. i have long hair which can cover it up but it takes a lot of time and concealer to make it look like i still have a full head but my hair is falling out every day and my hair just keeps getting thinner so no i am not bald however only being 22 i am almost guaranteed to be bald

Your hair is fine, no serious loss.

baldingboi

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are countless threads on this website who have experienced the same. I went through a horror shed/ finasteride induced telogen effluvium literally about a week after starting finasteride which continued for the entirety of me taking it. It then slowed down when I stopped however so much damage has been done all my hair is so thin and even the sides are falling out and thin. When I stopped taking it, tiny velus hairs would fall out so perhaps the shed was starting to regrow however it gave me intensely painful and irritated/itchy scalp and my libido was obselete so I decided to stop taking it and both of these have now stopped. However I think somehow finasteride flared up my eczema because i have an awful case of dermatitis where huge flakes of skin are building up on my scalp which Im pretty sure is contributing to the thinning

Last edited:

baldingboi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Baseline is above - to this in 6.5 months. Albeit the wind was bad, it shows ive gone down at least 1.5/2 norwood in this time and density all over my head is fucked

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200204_195433.jpg
    Screenshot_20200204_195433.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 132

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Baseline is above - to this in 6.5 months. Albeit the wind was bad, it shows ive gone down at least 1.5/2 norwood in this time and density all over my head is fucked
Bro you wanted to shave. Where are the pics.

baldingboi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was gonna do it literally that weekend but it started to thicken back up (finally recovering from finasteride shed) and I thought minoxidil thickening it but now I'm going through what I hope is a horrible minoxidil shed which is probably going to continue for a little while so I'm pretty close to shaving it again tbh my hair looks so bad without concealer