Finasteride Nightmare Shed Has Destroyed Hair And Is Not Recovering

baldingboi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took finasteride for 2 and a half months, starting in mid July i was maybe NW1/1.5 but very thick everywhere else. I experienced instant and incessant shedding (which I had never experienced in my life) but due to many comments on forums it encouraged me to continue.
However, I had significant side effects which I realised are not worth having for the rest of my life. Now I am down to a nw3 from the shedding - it has now been 3 months since I stopped and the shedding just keeps on going :(. Finasteride literally thinned out my whole head - not only the male pattern baldness affected areas. Now I'm really considering shaving my head because it's getting to the point where im stressing out too much everyday about my hair.
This has been a complete nightmare for me, only looking for maintenance perhaps some temple regrowth but could never have imagined it to massacre my whole scalp :(

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took finasteride for 2 and a half months, starting in mid July i was maybe NW1/1.5 but very thick everywhere else. I experienced instant and incessant shedding (which I had never experienced in my life) but due to many comments on forums it encouraged me to continue.
However, I had significant side effects which I realised are not worth having for the rest of my life. Now I am down to a nw3 from the shedding - it has now been 3 months since I stopped and the shedding just keeps on going :(. Finasteride literally thinned out my whole head - not only the male pattern baldness affected areas. Now I'm really considering shaving my head because it's getting to the point where im stressing out too much everyday about my hair.
This has been a complete nightmare for me, only looking for maintenance perhaps some temple regrowth but could never have imagined it to massacre my whole scalp :(
Pics please. Never mind you are the dude with perfectly good hair. Go somewhere else worrying all the time is not healthy.

Last edited:

baldingboi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never been so depressed :( i have went from having a fully thick and healthy head of hair to thin all over in the space of 6 months :( I can truly say taking finasteride was the worst decision of my life it has massacred my hair.
To those who don't think my situation is that bad I truly wish I had decent before pictures because in the space of six months my hair has been destroyed and there is absolutely no way in hell that could've happened naturally, I believe I was a rare sufferer of hyper androgenicity from finasteride - something which many others before me have suffered from.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200119_232722_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20200119_232722_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 382
  • Screenshot_20200119_232736_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20200119_232736_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 375

baldingboi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Temples are pretty much destroyed, before I only had receding but temples were full. Finasteride fucked me over so bad. Baseline was 6 months ago

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200124_180542.jpg
    Screenshot_20200124_180542.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 317
  • Screenshot_20191217_140847.jpg
    Screenshot_20191217_140847.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 301

baldingboi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Itching, crawling and inflamed scalp but I also couldn't sustain an erection and it killed my libido so I couldn't keep it going, I quit after 2.5 months and the shed hair has never came back or if it did it has came back so much thinner. 6.5 months after taking finasteride I will be shaving my head when I thought that finasteride would get me at least 10 years. I suspect I done maybe 4-5 years of balding in the space of 6 months

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never been so depressed :( i have went from having a fully thick and healthy head of hair to thin all over in the space of 6 months :( I can truly say taking finasteride was the worst decision of my life it has massacred my hair.
To those who don't think my situation is that bad I truly wish I had decent before pictures because in the space of six months my hair has been destroyed and there is absolutely no way in hell that could've happened naturally, I believe I was a rare sufferer of hyper androgenicity from finasteride - something which many others before me have suffered from.

Youre not bald! You're not even beginning to lose hair. You need a psychiatrist.

baldingboi

My Regimen
Reaction score
if you had known me for the last 6 months you would've seen how much my hair has deteriorated. i have long hair which can cover it up but it takes a lot of time and concealer to make it look like i still have a full head but my hair is falling out every day and my hair just keeps getting thinner so no i am not bald however only being 22 i am almost guaranteed to be bald

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt this. Finasteride is not a works well or provides destruction drug. You're just a non responder. You started taking the drug because yo uknew you were losing hair, and then finasteride has not worked for you. You are part of the 14%. Either that or you are part of some mysterious voodoo effect that finasteride provides that has eluded science, and only one here n there on this very forum have had it happen. Which makes you SPECIAL.........