Finasteride makes my hair fall and oily

Hair36123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using finasteride for about 1 month.
Before it starts, 150-200 strands of hair fall out.
Right now my hair is very itchy, sore and greasy.
Every time I run my hand through my hair, 15-20 strands come out.
What should I do? my scalp hurts so much
800-900 maybe 1000 hairs are shed per day

i am 21 years old

Attachments

• 1622325216940.png
    1622325216940.png
    312 bytes · Views: 98
  • 1622325247686.png
    1622325247686.png
    312 bytes · Views: 81
  • 1622325264981.png
    1622325264981.png
    312 bytes · Views: 92

norwood2cel

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using finasteride for about 1 month.
Before it starts, 150-200 strands of hair fall out.
Right now my hair is very itchy, sore and greasy.
Every time I run my hand through my hair, 15-20 strands come out.
What should I do? my scalp hurts so much
800-900 maybe 1000 hairs are shed per day

i am 21 years old
Before starting finasteride my scalp/hair was itchy and sore but after 2 months it just went away. I was washing my head with icy cold water, ketoconazole shampoo and Boderm Oliprox anti sebderm shampoo with piroctone olamine, climbazole and glycolid acid.
However I think you should see a dermatologist.
Also photos doesn't work.

jazz1

Reaction score
You have to give it time....

nachos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to give it time....
This is bad advice. There are people who see continued hair fall, and it only gets worse with finasteride use. Some people experience permanent adverse effects

jazz1

Reaction score
This is bad advice. There are people who see continued hair fall, and it only gets worse with finasteride use. Some people experience permanent adverse effects
Than don’t use the medication, not bad advice hit search button and see yourself……

nachos

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Than don’t use the medication, not bad advice hit search button and see yourself……
Dude. This comment means nothing. What I’m saying is it’s been well noted that it can cause hair loss. I’m proof as well. And I’ve seen it multiple times. So yes, to automatically assume it’s a good thing; this bad advice, when it could be good or bad. The loss of the hair doesn’t automatically mean it will shed and come back. A lot of the time it actually is the start of the quickening of hair death on the scalp. Saying “hit the search bar” means nothing, and even then, you can see more reports of it having the opposite of the desired effect. Maybe it should learn before making such a cocky statement

jazz1

Reaction score
Dude. This comment means nothing. What I’m saying is it’s been well noted that it can cause hair loss. I’m proof as well. And I’ve seen it multiple times. So yes, to automatically assume it’s a good thing; this bad advice, when it could be good or bad. The loss of the hair doesn’t automatically mean it will shed and come back. A lot of the time it actually is the start of the quickening of hair death on the scalp. Saying “hit the search bar” means nothing, and even then, you can see more reports of it having the opposite of the desired effect. Maybe it should learn before making such a cocky statement
That was not a cocky statement, I was just saying hit the search button as there can also be several factors. There are also other factors like using generic and brand Finasteride can make a huge difference. The contribution to life style and diet can also effect the outcome, there are many factors to take into consideration. Than you have other options like Dutasteride, RU58841, CB0301, etc. In regards to time there have been several stories where Finasteride can take one year to see results even after shedding and losing ground. I understand not all medication will work for everyone, but I truly believe lifestyle and diet can contribute to the positive effects for using any medication.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did you actually stay on the medication? I'm guessing it was well under a year.

The overwhelming and vast majority of people experience a shedding period and recover/maintain. This can freak some people out, causing them to quit the drug and not recover. Then we have 2000 threads on the same thing and the made up idea that it is "well noted" that it can cause hairloss.

I'm sure there are people who experience no benefit from finasteride, but the idea that it's well established that it can cause sped up hairloss is ridiculous. It's not in medical literature, studies or noted by almost any hair doctors.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Instead of trying something which has questionable results, I strongly suggest you read this post:

Thread 'Group Buy: ARV-110 PROTAC+ WAY-200070 ERb Agonist' https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...arv-110-protac-way-200070-erb-agonist.134445/

It sounds to be the most promising and cheaper option we have had for Hairloss.

ARV-110 is a PROTAC based on same concept as Kintor Pharmaceuticals GT20029 PROTAC which is only going to be released around 2027.

That we can get ARV-110 which is similar to GT20029, now, and probably for far cheaper, sounds like a much better option of investing our money into.

Read this thread for all the details.