Finasteride lost power after 2 years. Starting dutasteride

nyhair19

Established Member
Reaction score
Still on 3x dutasteride and 4x finasteride but since last week I added melatonin and collagen and after 1 week I'm shedding less. don't know if its from the dutasteride that's making effect now or if it was the addition of melatonin and collagen or both.
This week I'm doubling the dosage of melatonin to see how it goes.
I see. What is the connection with the melatonin and collagen to hair loss? I use both but didn't think they were connected to my hair loss regimen in anway.

A. Monteiro

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see. What is the connection with the melatonin and collagen to hair loss? I use both but didn't think they were connected to my hair loss regimen in anway.
Some studies show melatonin helps and collagen I don't know of any study but since it's good for the skin I thought about trying.

nyhair19

Established Member
Reaction score
Some studies show melatonin helps and collagen I don't know of any study but since it's good for the skin I thought about trying.
I recently heard on a podcast that melatonin was found to greatly reduce testosterone levels in certain kinds of hamsters. That might why? Do you recall the studies? I would be curious to look at them. I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the internet ;]

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently heard on a podcast that melatonin was found to greatly reduce testosterone levels in certain kinds of hamsters. That might why? Do you recall the studies? I would be curious to look at them. I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the internet ;]
Really? My hamsters keep mounting each other and making noise like squeak, squeak. Melatonin might put that to rest.

Best,
Janey

Zoobop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would be happy to hear too - been on finasteride for 6 years and effects are starting to diminish. Considering either RU or Duta now