Finasteride losing effectiveness after 17 months, building up tolerance or what? (Blood Tests)

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People will take crazy risks and desperate measures if they want something bad enough even if it means they will regret it later. Think about what you are doing yourself. Using a drug that is not the first line of treatment for hair loss. Why? They are going to deal with it for their ultimate goal. It's for self gratification and trying to use a band aid for a mental health problem.
@Pls_NW-1 quote about desperation will forever haunt me: Desperate people do desperate things. It is such a shame we need to take that risk and is a shame too that our mental health is getting declined so much.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I always say mental health is more important than physical health. I can live with body aches, but not with severe anxiety and depression.
How true is that, and I can assure you because I'm facing it.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just remember the old times when I didn't have mental issues. Ohh man that were good times, hope some day I can feel that again.
I've stuck into memories of the past, and I am reminiscing them. The failure after a successful significant life change is unbearable.

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty obvious I guess. Since my life is not moving forward, I have only the good, carefree times of the past, when this curse had not caught me and destroyed me so much...
We will have to do something in order to recover our lives. I wonder how..

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We will have to do something in order to recover our lives. I wonder how..
Well the sure thing is that I won't stop now, and I will keep going to get something back. I can't stand going backward…

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree that dutasteride isn't as bad as bica, at least topical bica. Oral dutasteride is honestly overkill. There is no reason to nuke DHT levels to that of an infant. It has such a long half life, is correlated with diabetes. Bica is a nonsteroidal drug and will not do anything to DHT, and it leaves your natural hormone production in tact, has a shorter half life. Orally, there is really no other major side effect than gyno. It won't sterilize you. But sure, both are the overkill type of drugs, and so it is probably best to use in low dosages, and bica always being used topically for males who want to retain their health and virility.

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree that dutasteride isn't as bad as bica, at least topical bica. Oral dutasteride is honestly overkill. There is no reason to nuke DHT levels to that of an infant. It has such a long half life, is correlated with diabetes. Bica is a nonsteroidal drug and will not do anything to DHT, and it leaves your natural hormone production in tact, has a shorter half life. Orally, there is really no other major side effect than gyno. It won't sterilize you. But sure, both are the overkill type of drugs, and so it is probably best to use in low dosages, and bica always being used topically for males who want to retain their health and virility.
Well, for me particularly bica is worse than dutas, but for most people, you are right.

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well the sure thing is that I won't stop now, and I will keep going to get something back. I can't stand going backward…
Same. I would ditch bica now if I wasn't trying, but I'll find an optimum dosage.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I forgot to mention. Wet donor area, pushing through my hand, and I shed 6-8 miniaturized hairs! I tried again and saw 4 to 5 of the same hair follicles. This was never been the case before. Something is fucked up.

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I forgot to mention. Wet donor area, pushing through my hand, and I shed 6-8 miniaturized hairs! I tried again and saw 4 to 5 of the same hair follicles. This was never been the case before. Something is fucked up.
Doesn't sound good at all. Keep trying dude, I hope you find a solution for your problem, wish you the best.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I won't deny your experience. I am just talking for in-general, yes. But also long term. I wouldn't be surprised if guys on dutasteride for several decades will all be diabetic and have other issues too.
That's why you need to take care of your blood sugar levels, your diet, etc. Anyone who has a conscience should know these side effects or to know with what is messing about and should make changes to his life accordingly. I said it before, nothing in this life comes without paying the price.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't sound good at all. Keep trying dude, I hope you find a solution for your problem, wish you the best.
Trichoscopy, scalp biopsy, etc. I need to visit the clinic as soon as possible. I hope the best for you too, and for anyone else here.

Last edited:

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's why you need to take care of your blood sugar levels, your diet, etc. Anyone who has a conscience should know these side effects and should make changes to his life accordingly. I said it before, nothing in this life comes without paying the price.
Yeah at least I don't eat processed food or sugar.. I've a clean diet.