Finasteride Increases Prolactin? Someone Help Pls?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
You get two types, one is E16 and the other is E2, the E16 gets converted to E2 if you use an AI from what I have gathered.

All estrogen in men is derived from testoesterone via aromatase. E2 (estradiol) gets synthesised first then to E1 which then derives E3 and E4. I believe E1 can also be created in very small quantities via aromatase straight from some adrenal hormones. An AI simply decreases the ability for T to be converted to E (vast majority E2)

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are natural AI's which will convert the bad E into good E so you'll still get E but it'll flush the bad out. Where could I get cabergoline from in the UK?
Can you detail the natural AI? I used Alchemy when I first tried oral Finasteride. Same sides and fear AI is hard on hair?

there was a ‘fighting sides’ post that advised Alchemy AI, cabergoline for libido, Zinc and D. Seemed logical.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you detail the natural AI? I used Alchemy when I first tried oral Finasteride. Same sides and fear AI is hard on hair?

there was a ‘fighting sides’ post that advised Alchemy AI, cabergoline for libido, Zinc and D. Seemed logical.
I was thinking more along the lines of DIM and Maca Root...?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of DIM and Maca Root...?

Neither will be anywhere near sufficient. Ideally you want to microdose an AI to keep your E back to where it was before finasteride use. Arimidex is really the only option as the others have too many draw backs.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All I can see online is that this is a drug for women, can men use it too? Have you/do you use it? If so, any side effects?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
All I can see online is that this is a drug for women, can men use it too? Have you/do you use it? If so, any side effects?

Yes it just binds to aromatase to inhibit its function. Its used by women primarily because of post breast cancer care. In the male community its most notable use is for men on TRT or bodybuilders taking steroids that aromatise into estrogen.

I've used it and it fixes my sides completely - the goal is to find the dose that keeps your E perfectly inline with what your E was BEFORE taking finasteride (and definitely no lower) . Currently my hair is still getting better on finasteride and as E is important for hair im not currently taking it but instead using caber twice weekly.

Dose is dependant on how high your E is compared to your baseline but personally i've used 0.25mg 3 times a week however its best to start on probably half that and take note of change both in bloods and anecdotally - if you feel like your sides have diminished on using microdoses then its best to stick to that whilst maintaining the benefit of slightly raised E.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you notice testosterone increase on the caber? Helped my sides one my first attempt at Propecia but dropped both as I never stabalized.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you notice testosterone increase on the caber? Helped my sides one my first attempt at Propecia but dropped both as I never stabalized.
I wanted to get caber but it’s difficult to get from the doctors where in the UK when my prolactin was high they suggested I reduce the finasteride dose

tang

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also had high prolactine on finasteride Something like 65 (max range is 18) my doctor said it’s nothing and could happen in men but I’m stuck in low libido seems I stop it.
I also found my prolactine on a high level and I'm also stuck in low libido.Do you stop finasteride or find other solutions.What's your situation now

tang

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also found my prolactine on a high level and I'm also stuck in low libido.And I'm a little impotent. Do you stop finasteride or find other solutions.What's your situation now

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also found my prolactine on a high level and I'm also stuck in low libido.Do you stop finasteride or find other solutions.What's your situation now

You can either try Cabergoline or come off finasteride. Also you'll likely find your E is up as well if your prolactin is up.

tang

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can either try Cabergoline or come off finasteride. Also you'll likely find your E is up as well if your prolactin is up.
My E2 is on a normal level and only prolactin is up,it's so strange.My breast grew during these months and I 'm a little impotent now.

Last edited:

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its the E2 and increased prolactin which are causing these stupid sides. Any supplement recommendations?

Hair_Cook

My Regimen
Reaction score
True but it does not increase prolactin as much as antipsychotics do. And you make the guess antipsychotics are used like sugar pills nowadays. So for this matter you don't have to be afraid of the risk that finasteride induces prolactic increase whatsoever.