Finasteride Increases Prolactin? Someone Help Pls?

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did anyone have proof for it? Beacuse what I've seen on the studies done on finasteride and dutasteride on urologic patients(about 35,000) both drugs only deacreses DHT and increases testosterone. No other hormonal change was seen.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did anyone have proof for it? Beacuse what I've seen on the studies done on finasteride and dutasteride on urologic patients(about 35,000) both drugs only deacreses DHT and increases testosterone. No other hormonal change was seen.
That's what I thought but Bluecyclone maybe onto something.

Bluecyclone why do you say yes..?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my experience, cannot speak to whether or not this applies to everyone.

I ran a full androgen panel before starting topical Finasteride. Prolactin was in low normal range. At three months that jumped to 18. And 19 the following month. I’m having the labs pulled again but the doctor suggested low dose cabergoline if the numbers stay elevated.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I ran a full androgen panel before starting topical Finasteride. Prolactin was in low normal range. At three months that jumped to 18. And 19 the following month. I’m having the labs pulled again but the doctor suggested low dose cabergoline if the numbers stay elevated.
Keep us informed please as I’m in the same boat. Are you having any symptoms of gyno?

inmyhead

Reaction score
There are studies saying that other hormones are unchanged. If one guy randomly claims that his prolactin changed - that's not a proof.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are studies saying that other hormones are unchanged. If one guy randomly claims that his prolactin changed - that's not a proof.
Maybe there are studies but everyone is different and if he can say his prolactin increased while on finasteride and decreased when coming off it wouldn't that be enough proof that some people are sensitive to the medicine?

inmyhead

Reaction score
Maybe there are studies but everyone is different and if he can say his prolactin increased while on finasteride and decreased when coming off it wouldn't that be enough proof that some people are sensitive to the medicine?
No, it wouldn't. Plenty of other factors are possible.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
On finasteride my prolactin goes up 800% . Come off of it and it goes back to baseline . Horrendous ED and sex drive because of it unless i use Cabergoline twice a week.

The reason for some like myself prolactin goes up so dramatically is that my E on finasteride goes up 70% - estrogen is the primary precursor to prolactin.

edddys08

My Regimen
Reaction score

I also had high prolactine on finasteride Something like 65 (max range is 18) my doctor said it’s nothing and could happen in men but I’m stuck in low libido seems I stop it.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On finasteride my prolactin goes up 800% . Come off of it and it goes back to baseline . Horrendous ED and sex drive because of it unless i use Cabergoline twice a week.

The reason for some like myself prolactin goes up so dramatically is that my E on finasteride goes up 70% - estrogen is the primary precursor to prolactin.
How did you get your doctor to prescribe you Cabergoline? Have you thought about using an aromatise inhibitor to help flush out the E and keep the T?

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also had high prolactine on finasteride Something like 65 (max range is 18) my doctor said it’s nothing and could happen in men but I’m stuck in low libido seems I stop it.
Personally some doctors have no clue. What dose of finasteride are you using?

edddys08

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was using back in the days 0,25mg per day for 9 months, but I get stuck on high prolactin state since then... (It was 10 years ago)

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
How did you get your doctor to prescribe you Cabergoline? Have you thought about using an aromatise inhibitor to help flush out the E and keep the T?

I buy cabergoline elsewhere. As its used in bodybuilding its not difficult to get a hold of. Im not touching my E just yet because of its pro hair effects although once my hair peaks on finasteride i likely will play around with an AI for the sake of dropping the caber.

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I buy cabergoline elsewhere. As its used in bodybuilding its not difficult to get a hold of. Im not touching my E just yet because of its pro hair effects although once my hair peaks on finasteride i likely will play around with an AI for the sake of dropping the caber.
There are natural AI's which will convert the bad E into good E so you'll still get E but it'll flush the bad out. Where could I get cabergoline from in the UK?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are natural AI's which will convert the bad E into good E so you'll still get E but it'll flush the bad out. Where could I get cabergoline from in the UK?

There isn't any 'bad' E. You have things like Estriol which has a reduced affect on feminisation, however in men Estrogen is derived from Test so once you inhibit 5ar using finasteride the determining factor of how much of that T increase goes to E will be your aromatase production. The pretty much only option for inhibiting aromatase is arimidex.

edddys08

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you using anything now?
Unfort not but I'm thinking about trying 0.05mg topical every day and see how it goes.

I do dermapen + minoxidil + hairmetto and scalp massage but no antiandrogen.

I'm NW4 now.... I was 1.5 back in the days :)

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There isn't any 'bad' E. You have things like Estriol which has a reduced affect on feminisation, however in men Estrogen is derived from Test so once you inhibit 5ar using finasteride the determining factor of how much of that T increase goes to E will be your aromatase production. The pretty much only option for inhibiting aromatase is arimidex.
You get two types, one is E16 and the other is E2, the E16 gets converted to E2 if you use an AI from what I have gathered.