Finasteride for $9.00 at Walmart Pharmacy!

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: 9 dollars for real finasteride at a pharmacy

attawnnc said:
Well, I've only been doing the 1.25 for about a week and a half now but I have noticed two things

1) my hair fall has increased. Usually when Im washing my hair I'll find one or two hairs in my hand. The last few days I've had about ten hairs or more in my hand.

2) My sex drive has really increased. When I was using propecia I did notice that I had a lower sex drive. Although, it wasn't a huge difference so it wasnt enough for me to quit finasteride. Since I've been using the Walmart 1.25 generic finasteride I have really noticed an increase.

So...I don't know. I hope the hair loss levels out again. I'm concerned about it. But I am OK with the increased sex drive haha

Good I thought I was the only one. Do you think by any chance we are getting fake Finasteride?

Either that or generic finasteride is too weak to lower our sex drives. Which, weak=less effective for hair loss.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Or maybe generic finasteride does work but it just takes longer than Propecia. So what it would take 6 months to see results with Propecia, you'll need 12-18 months to see results with generic finasteride? I don't really believe this, it's just a thought.

And when I say results I mean regrowth. Because if we're talking about results as in hair loss decreased, generic finasteride did that for me 2 months in. I'm 7 months in now and I can only see new hairs on the temples but no other regrowth/thickening any where else.

Cassin

Reaction score

if you have true legit generic..not some crap made in china...1mg = 1mg no matter what the branding.

attawnnc

Reaction score

No, I don't think it's fake. I mean, it's coming from the Walmart pharmacy so i HIGHLY doubt that it would be fake.

I experienced a pretty significant shed, for about 4 days, a week and a half into starting generic 1.25 finasteride but it leveled off again. I'm not sure what would have caused the increased shedding but it was scary for a little bit there. I still feel like the shedding is a bit more than when I was on propecia but I dont know. I tend to obsess about every hair that comes out of my head

As far as sex drive is concerned I feel like I definitely notice a difference. However, I never had any significant problems in the first place, so this could also be in my head. I'm not complaining either way

I think I'm going to make the jump to rogaine soon, I just keep talking myself out of it. I'm also looking at topical spironolactone, as I've read good things about it. I'm just glad that I have a cheaper source for finasteride now, and I can put money towards other treatments

texasguy

Reaction score

JimmyNeutron said:
attawnnc said:
Well, I've only been doing the 1.25 for about a week and a half now but I have noticed two things

1) my hair fall has increased. Usually when Im washing my hair I'll find one or two hairs in my hand. The last few days I've had about ten hairs or more in my hand.

2) My sex drive has really increased. When I was using propecia I did notice that I had a lower sex drive. Although, it wasn't a huge difference so it wasnt enough for me to quit finasteride. Since I've been using the Walmart 1.25 generic finasteride I have really noticed an increase.

So...I don't know. I hope the hair loss levels out again. I'm concerned about it. But I am OK with the increased sex drive haha

Good I thought I was the only one. Do you think by any chance we are getting fake Finasteride?

Either that or generic finasteride is too weak to lower our sex drives. Which, weak=less effective for hair loss.

Oh, so im not the only one. After i switched from the 1mg finpecia to the 5mg fincar with me cutting it up to make it 1.25mg, my sex drive came back up. So i was wondering as well if what ive been taking now is fake or legit. But I got my fincar from inhouse.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score

A lot of people report an initial increase in sex drive when starting Finasteride (I experienced this during the first 1-2 weeks). This is often attributed to the initial increase in Testosterone. I believe your libido will return to baseline or even diminish further over time.

Don't interpret it as some reason your finasteride is fake, that is not the case.

attawnnc

Reaction score

Yeah I've read that about starting finasteride, but we are talking about going from already taking 1 mg of finasteride (in my case, for 7 months) to quartering a generic 5mg pill into 1.25 and taking that instead.

So we have already been using finasteride......it's just a slightly higher dosage, but obviously not by a lot.

either way, im glad I wasnt just imagining things. It seems there are several other people that have experienced it.

PileOn

Established Member
Reaction score

Finally got a doctor to prescribe me finasteride. He was hesitant at first but had to bring out them tears :sobbing: . lol j/k... had to tickle his balls :gay:

yay for legit finasteride! :punk:

tango2

Reaction score

does anyone know where i could buy this online aswell as a doctors prescribtion?

grove12345

Reaction score

i got no insurance. But im willing to pay $100 to see a doctor if it means getting a prescription that will last me a year or in proscar case 3-5 years.

I got my propecia by doing that.

But now that my first year of propecia discount is over (save like $250), time to get something cheaper.

Since i got no insurance i must use the base cost.

Proscar is about $108 per bottle. Not bad since 30*4 = 120 days.

and the generic proscar is like only $30. Which im guessing is just as reliable as regular proscar.

Now if only i can persuade a Dr to give me a generic 5mg prescription.

Side not been taking .5-1gm of finasteride for about a year, and got no good results. So i do want to take Dutasteride.

Is there a good place to get generic dutasteride or Avodart? Again no insurance.

valeous

Reaction score

Ok I just did this and i can't believe that I'm getting finasteride for that cheap. I also got my insurance to cover the cost so I don't have to pay $9? It's free. I hope that's okay?

The other thing I am concerned about is this generic version being less effective than the real thing. Have others experienced shedding or negative changes in their hair loss after changing to generic finasteride from Walmart?

Thanks

grove12345

Reaction score

grove12345 said:
i got no insurance. But im willing to pay $100 to see a doctor if it means getting a prescription that will last me a year or in proscar case 3-5 years.

I got my propecia by doing that.

But now that my first year of propecia discount is over (save like $250), time to get something cheaper.

Since i got no insurance i must use the base cost.

Proscar is about $108 per bottle. Not bad since 30*4 = 120 days.

and the generic proscar is like only $30. Which im guessing is just as reliable as regular proscar.

Now if only i can persuade a Dr to give me a generic 5mg prescription.

Side not been taking .5-1gm of finasteride for about a year, and got no good results. So i do want to take Dutasteride.

Is there a good place to get generic dutasteride or Avodart? Again no insurance.

anyone help me out here?

Reaction score

cassin said:
Glad to help. You have to do a lot of research before you speak to your Dr since you have to prove to them you know what you're doing, educate them since they can't know everything.

Most Dr's will listen to you, leave the room and do a little research to double check you then come back with the prescription.

Thanks again for your input. I was running low on propecia so I figured now would be a good time to talk to my doctor about the change of prescription and I basically told him what you said and I got him to change my prescription. Now I pay $5 for 30 5mg tablets. Very legit.

And thank you attawnnc for bringing this up.

valeous

Reaction score

It's been almost 1.5 months since I started this generic finscar.

Here's what I've noticed:

-No changes in hairloss. Things are still similar. No drastic shedding thankfully.
-My sex drive has significantly decreased. What I mean by that is: although mentally I may be in the "mood", physically I have to put in a lot more effort to 'get it up' and 'maintain it' and it feels as if it's not as 'strong' as before. Also, my balls feel a bit weird. I can still perform, but it's just a little different. I hope that this is temporary. I remember feeling this way when I first started Propecia 2 years ago. Then these sides went away after a couple month's use. Is it possible that I may be getting a higher dose of finasteride (because we cut a 5mg into 1/4 instead of 1/5) and that's causing me to readjust?

Anyone else feel this way?

Reaction score

Im guessing the extra .25mg is taking effect. I recently bumped my dose from 0.5mg to 1.0mg (still have a few propecia pills so trying to finish that up before using generic proscar 5.0mg) and my ball ache came back and It feel like my energy level is a little lower but I feel fine for the most part.

valeous

Reaction score

Thankfully, it's getting a little better. I am hoping it can sort itself out.

Is there an easy way to split it into 5 parts instead of 4?

Reaction score
I recently got an invoice of $80 for my visit from my DR stating that hair loss is no longer covered by insurance (at least the one I have). Will I be able to still get the finasteride at walmart for the same price? Or is it dirt cheap because of the insurance was covering most of it? I personally don't mind paying 80 bucks to visit my doctor every time I need a refill but its going to be a problem for me financially if the finasteride its self is going to be an additional $100+ per pick up. Can someone confirm?