Finasteride For 11 Months No Results

Hairlossyoung123

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for 11 months, and my hair looks thinner (particularly in harsh lighting). I have been using generic finasteride, and cannot tell whether the smaller hairs on my head are evidence of regrowth or thinning/dieing hairs. Aged 20.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you been documenting with pics every few months? If so can you upload them, sometimes when you are constantly checking your hair you can't see results, even if they are only subtle. A yea mark is usually where people see where their hair is headed with finasteride but you can get results even after that.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah you gotta document right from the start with before and during treatment with monthly pictures to track what happening...just looking at your hair your mind will play tricks on you one day you might see it as a good hair day the next you might see it as a bad hair day

Casanova

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for 11 months, and my hair looks thinner (particularly in harsh lighting). I have been using generic finasteride, and cannot tell whether the smaller hairs on my head are evidence of regrowth or thinning/dieing hairs. Aged 20.
What dose have you been taking?

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride doesn't guarantee regrowth.

The only thing you can expect is decreased hair loss. It doesn't stop it completely and the hair loss is the decreased different amounts for different people. For some people it's not particularly effective, others it is and the chosen few gets regrowth.

If you lose less hair on Finasteride than before then be happy.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, I keep pulling out thin blonde hairs recently that are loose. Is this a good or bad sign?

Well, what's your natural hair color? Based on the post I assume you have dark hair. You sure they are blonde and not grey? If they are blonde they might be the infamous "peach fuzz" but they are very short, thin and hard to see without looking closely in the mirror so I highly doubt you notice yourself pulling them out.

How long are these hairs?

el_duterino

Reaction score
I would add minoxidil and and stemoxydine to the mix might help worth a try of you are a good responder

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you were bold enough to go on Finasteride and didn't have side effects, why not try dutasteride?