finasteride and pe**s size

1982man

Established Member
Reaction score
1.) Has this stuff caused size loss on anyone long term? Couldn't help but wonder when reading through some of the paranoid ppl on finasteride reporting these disturbing side effects. I've been on it 6 years, not noticed anything personally but haven't measured in more than a year either.

Brad

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the one negative I've noticed since being on finasteride. My dick went from a solid 7 inches to about 4 when erect. But that's the price of a good head of hair I guess.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
No noticeable size decrease for me, but softened erections and curviness. Also my dick seems to have "too much skin" nowadays so when limp it looks wrinkled. It's hard to explain these changes, they're so crazy. Also my pube hairs have lightened in color and also sparsened.

9tfrizzco

Established Member
Reaction score
No noticeable size decrease for me, but softened erections and curviness. Also my dick seems to have "too much skin" nowadays so when limp it looks wrinkled. It's hard to explain these changes, they're so crazy. Also my pube hairs have lightened in color and also sparsened.
tmi bro

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Badgenetics stop bsing that didn't happen to you. People will take you seriously and not want to start finasteride... 1982 you pretty much answered your own question.

9tfrizzco

Established Member
Reaction score
Well this topic was on the side-effects section titled "finasteride and penis size" so what exactly did you expect? Discussion about gardening or something?
lighten up, i just winced a little when you started describing how the skin around your dick sits.

1982man

Established Member
Reaction score
I was not expecting detailed specifications.. pics prolly not needed for this thread, just curious if everyones been as lucky as me on finasteride. thx.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went through a phase when flaccid that it was like super plump all the time and seemed much thicker and hung lower then BAM woke up one day and the complete opposite. I had such awful shrinkage all the time. This last time (went on and off three times) to forever to really get back to norm.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Badgenetics stop bsing that didn't happen to you. People will take you seriously and not want to start finasteride... 1982 you pretty much answered your own question.

I'm sorry, I was being extremely sarcastic. I've been a big proponent of finasteride on the forums due to my positive experience. That said, if my dick shrank 3 inches in size I'd stay the hell away from it. That won't happen though.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I was being extremely sarcastic. I've been a big proponent of finasteride on the forums due to my positive experience. That said, if my dick shrank 3 inches in size I'd stay the hell away from it. That won't happen though.

Actually it could.
It could cause peyronie which can cause permanent reduction in size.

I know for a FACT my low boys shrunk a bit for a while. Even my GF noticed, and they hugged my body in a very painful way for a LONG time. I think it was prostate related. So loss of mass could be VERY real.

Think about it this way, steroids can cause shrinkage, with finasteride you are technically overloading your body with T since its not converting. I think the fact I work out so hard is the ONLY reason my penis didnt basically FALL OFF lol. When I had my crash I really did compare it to a steroid crash. I never took roids but have researched them of course and spoke with many people who have.

1982man

Established Member
Reaction score
Peyronie's disease is pretty serious,..I though it usually only happened from sustaining severe trauma to the penis. I know bc one time I googled it following an event.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Peyronie's disease is pretty serious,..I though it usually only happened from sustaining severe trauma to the penis. I know bc one time I googled it following an event.

http://www.examiner.com/article/fda...men-who-ve-developed-penis-curving-peyronie-s

http://www.ehealthme.com/ds/finasteride/peyronie's+disease

http://www.peyronie.co/about/causes...enetics-drug-drugs-medication-predisposition/

I will stop looking for links because Im in IT and god forbid my boss checks my search history in the firewall and thinks I have a curved pee pee..... dont need those rumors aside baldness!

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's the one negative I've noticed since being on finasteride. My dick went from a solid 7 inches to about 4 when erect. But that's the price of a good head of hair I guess.

Yeah, right. That happened.

This is one of the most ridiculous myths about finasteride. There have been tens of thousands of men involved in long-term placebo controlled studies done on this drug, and I have never once seen a complaint that their penises shrunk in length. Don't you think a person would report this to their doctor if they were involved in a study?

This doesn't happen. Ever. If your penis loses a number of inches in length, you've got some other serious problems going on.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Wuffer, if you read the rest of the thread, you'll see that I said I was being sarcastic and that I'm a proponent of finasteride. Obviously, finasteride will not cause your penis to shrink a couple of inches.

@swingline, the first and third links you posted say that it is being looked into whether finasteride causes Peyronie's Disease, but I don't see them saying definitely whether there is a definite link between them. The second link notes that 0.13% of finasteride users with side effects develop Peyronie's Disease as a side effect. Let's say that rather than 2%, 20% of finasteride users have negative side effects. That means 0.026% (20%*0.13%) of finasteride users get Peyronie's Disease.

Here is an article from the NYT that mentions 5% of all males develop Peyronie's Disease: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/04/health/treatment-for-peyronies-disease-shows-promise.html

Thus, if 5% is correct, then there is a MUCH LOWER incidence of Peyronie's Disease among finasteride users. The article does mention that estimates vary and I believe more studies would need to be done, but at this point it seems like there is no connection.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Wuffer, if you read the rest of the thread, you'll see that I said I was being sarcastic and that I'm a proponent of finasteride. Obviously, finasteride will not cause your penis to shrink a couple of inches.

@swingline, the first and third links you posted say that it is being looked into whether finasteride causes Peyronie's Disease, but I don't see them saying definitely whether there is a definite link between them. The second link notes that 0.13% of finasteride users with side effects develop Peyronie's Disease as a side effect. Let's say that rather than 2%, 20% of finasteride users have negative side effects. That means 0.026% (20%*0.13%) of finasteride users get Peyronie's Disease.

Here is an article from the NYT that mentions 5% of all males develop Peyronie's Disease: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/04/health/treatment-for-peyronies-disease-shows-promise.html

Thus, if 5% is correct, then there is a MUCH LOWER incidence of Peyronie's Disease among finasteride users. The article does mention that estimates vary and I believe more studies would need to be done, but at this point it seems like there is no connection.

Hey I agree with you. Im just saying Ive read stuff, it wouldnt be looked into unless enough people claimed it. I know prophelp almost everyone on there says they got it from finasteride. Who can be sure.
I had a bad sides bout and still think Im recovering, so I put nothing past this stuff. Some guys it works, others it dont i guess.

Wuffer

Experienced Member
Reaction score

My bad! I did not read the whole thread. I should start doing that before commenting :)