Finasteride Actually Works Was A Bit Iffy About Taking It But So Glad I Did

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome results bro! I wish finasteride worked for me :(

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man Not a responder? It could be the min thats doing it for me but doubt because I don't put it on like It says on like I put it in every time I get a shower which is like 1-2 days
I'm a responder, but not in a good way. It sped up my hair loss. Did you start min and finasteride at the same time? If so its difficult to tell unless you know what to look for. Did your regrowth start off as white thin hair or did it come in pigmented with decent thickness? If its the latter then its the minoxidil.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
10x mate maybe later i would look at their website,and if i cant find here in bg i will order from them maybe the prices are bit higher but i have no other choice.
If you're from UK then use UKmeds.co.uk they are a legit and reliable pharmacy to buy finasteride from.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i was on it for 3/4 months, i stopped because of side effects(bloated looking face) and because it was thinning the areas i was applying it too. Im not the first person to have this happen to them, i have been reading about it constantly these past few weeks. I agree with you about finasteride though, read alot of scare stories about it but i haven't had any side effects from it.

Not everyone responds at the same time. Minoxidil does in fact thin the areas you apply it to before bringing them back to baseline and eventually above it. 3-4 months isn’t enough time to evaluate whether or not it’s going to work. Furthermore it’s a life sentence if you were going to give up due to ‘bloated face’ you shouldn’t have taken this risk so lightly when you started.

There are reports of endless minoxidil shedding and that it only made things worse but look for reports of ‘late responders’ (not key search words) and you will find they are not so rare as you may think. Plenty of people don’t even notice regrowth until the year mark and continue to improve for years after. Same for fina users. Saying ‘minoxidil results come at 3-4 months’ or ‘peaks after two years then gets worse’ is like saying ‘finasteride shed will come at 2.5 weeks and will last 1 month then you will see improvement for 18 months.’ These timelines are suggestions and rarely applicable because every case is different.

I don’t mean to act like it’s even my business and I certainly don’t mean to seem like I know it all or that you are in the wrong but I think you very well could have screwed yourself by starting minoxidil and then quitting before 4 months. This is the most common mistake and exactly what you aren’t supposed to do.

It’s not for everyone and does in fact make some cases worse but how are you supposed to know if you stuck it out for enough to get the shed but not long enough for results ? Many people also never stop shedding but eventually find they are getting regrowth as well and are still above baseline.

If minoxidil thinned your crown I would get back on it in that area as soon as possible and I would even consider a higher % as this will likely have more of a result and maybe even work faster.

If you are worried about bloating manage your sodium and find an anti inflammatory regimen. Ofcourse this is all just my advice which you didn’t even ask for lol but I just wanted to try and help.

Last edited:

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a responder, but not in a good way. It sped up my hair loss. Did you start min and finasteride at the same time? If so its difficult to tell unless you know what to look for. Did your regrowth start off as white thin hair or did it come in pigmented with decent thickness? If its the latter then its the minoxidil.

Did you ever get your dht checked while on fina? Not doubting it sped up your loss as you suggested. I’m just wondering if fina can still worsen the situation even if it’s plummeting dht levels.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was quite naive about hairloss when i first joined this site(still am lol) i didn't know minoxidil was a life sentence as you put it. It's my own fault ultimately for using it without all the information i have now, all i can do is hope the shed is not too bad and my hair returns relatively close to the way it was before minoxidil. I will just continue using finasteride until the year mark and then see about getting a hair transplant. I have completely ruined my hair because of minoxidil but it's no ones fault but my own, i just wish people weren't so eager to recommend it for noobies instead of just telling them to try finasteride and nizoral for a year and then deciding whether or not minoxidil is needed. People always talk alot about finasteride side effects but i got none, i definitely got bad side effects from minoxidil though.

I found this thread that gives me some hope https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...mazing-regrowth-after-7-months-without.95059/

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you ever get your dht checked while on fina? Not doubting it sped up your loss as you suggested. I’m just wondering if fina can still worsen the situation even if it’s plummeting dht levels.
I did not, but I'm fairly certain my DHT and Testosterone is close to or in female range by now though. No morning erections or erections, no sperm, infertility, no sex drive and got the start of gyno going on.. The only good thing to come of the HRT is it hasn't made things progress even faster like everything else has done, but it hasn't helped at all.. At least not yet.