finasteride 5MG - still very horny - DOES IT WORK?

Reaction score
I taking every morning 5 mg Finasteride. Every morning when i wake up, im very horney and having erection. Im 21 year old. I been using finasteride 4 month and still no results of hair growrth. I heard that using finasteride should make you less horney. Lower DHT = less erection.. But i still have everyday erection and horny. Does it even work on me??? or can anyone confirm that had hair growrth after year use and had no side effect on erection and still were super horney?
I scare that finasteride does not work because i don´t see any new hair after 4 month and still horny.
Also, does COFFEE increase DHT or not? (drinking every morning)

shreyaskini

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride is a DHT inhibitor. Doesn't regrow hair. It may for some but the basic purpose of taking it is to maintain the hair that you have and avoid firther hairloss. And not everyone face side effects. Even i'm horny just the way i was before. That doesn't mean it's not working. Talking about caffeine it may in help growth but i don't know if it does block DHT or not. A team of German researchers found that caffeine blocks the damaging effects of DHT on hair follicles and stimulates the growth of new hair. Researchers published their findings in the January 2007 issue of the “International Journal of Dermatology.” Researchers based their findings on an in vitro study of caffeine’s effect on hair follicle proliferation. However, drinking more coffee, tea and cola is probably not going to do much to save your hair, according to a Mail Online article by Pat Hagan. The author points that you'll need topical applications of a caffeine-rich lotion or cream to block the damaging effects of DHT and stimulate hair growth.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I taking every morning 5 mg Finasteride. Every morning when i wake up, im very horney and having erection. Im 21 year old. I been using finasteride 4 month and still no results of hair growrth. I heard that using finasteride should make you less horney. Lower DHT = less erection.. But i still have everyday erection and horny. Does it even work on me??? or can anyone confirm that had hair growrth after year use and had no side effect on erection and still were super horney?
I scare that finasteride does not work because i don´t see any new hair after 4 month and still horny.
Also, does COFFEE increase DHT or not? (drinking every morning)

why are you taking 5mg daily? and why do you think it will regrow your hair?

did you do even the slightest bit of research about finasteride before you decided to start using it?

and you did consult a doctor right?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
just because you aren't getting sides doesn't mean it's not working and why 5mg

Reaction score
why are you taking 5mg daily? and why do you think it will regrow your hair?

did you do even the slightest bit of research about finasteride before you decided to start using it?

and you did consult a doctor right?
I used propecia 1mg about 4 month and i had no results. This cost me 45 euros month.
Now i changed propecia 1mg to 5mg finasteride and this costs me only 5 euros.
Why 5mg? because the bigger dose = bigger chance to lower more dht. It says that it´s not good to split

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
obviously you didn't do any research.

Why 5mg? because the bigger dose = bigger chance to lower more dht.

completely wrong. Did your doctor tell you that?

I used propecia 1mg about 4 month and i had no results.

what results were you expecting? that it would regrow your hair? finasteride is a preventative - it won't regrow your hair (or at least very unlikley).

4 months is not long enough to determine if it's 'working' or not.

Reaction score
obviously you didn't do any research.

completely wrong. Did your doctor tell you that?

Doctor knew nothing. I asked myself that. I chcked out that myself. Reserch shows that bigger dose should block more.

what results were you expecting? that it would regrow your hair? finasteride is a preventative - it won't regrow your hair (or at least very unlikley).

4 months is not long enough to determine if it's 'working' or not.
Well most people show pictures in forum and shows that hair is 500% thicker, more hair after loss stopped and had new re-grow.
I changed because one costs 45 euros and other 5 euros.

viet nom nom

Established Member
Reaction score
It isn't very accurate to assume that finasteride won't regrow hair. 40% is a pretty large proportion. That said, OP needs a bit more patience. 4 months?!!!

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well most people show pictures in forum and shows that hair is 500% thicker, more hair after loss stopped and had new re-grow.
I changed because one costs 45 euros and other 5 euros.

that's top of the line results, most people only maintain. If you were expecting massive regrowth you were getting your hopes up too high with false expectations

chipsy

Reaction score
Jump on a growth stimulant and split your pills. And like the above posters mentioned do some research and be patient!!!

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
It isn't very accurate to assume that finasteride won't regrow hair. 40% is a pretty large proportion. That said, OP needs a bit more patience. 4 months?!!!

Very true. I myself have regrowth at the 3 month mark, nothing cosmetically great yet but tiny hairs sprouting. Also hair is much thicker and easier to style, growing fast as well. Thing is though some people were regrowing after 5 years. Just got to be patient. Some have to make do with maintenance and some with only slowing down of hair loss.

viet nom nom

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just started getting what you're describing...5.5 months in. IF these new hairs get stronger, I suspect it will be some time before they are even noticeable.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just started getting what you're describing...5.5 months in. IF these new hairs get stronger, I suspect it will be some time before they are even noticeable.

Yes. It could take ages, that's the way finasteride works. With minoxidil you can get short term impressive growth but it fades away in time. Some only get non terminal hair with minoxidil as it can't overcome DHT.

With finasteride we have a good chance of non terminal hair becoming terminal in theory, just a case of how much new hair will sprout up.

In one mirror I noticed I have a lot of tiny hair at the front. My girl said it wasn't there before. If it all grows I will be a genuine Norwood 2. Right now 2.5-3.

viet nom nom

Established Member
Reaction score
Same boat. A few days ago I could only see the new stuff by putting a finger down on my hairline for contrast. Just a little more than peach fuzz. Now its growing up tall enough to be seen with a careful glance. Who know? Bit OP should do some breathing exercises. Shitty as it is, a watched pot never boils.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same boat. A few days ago I could only see the new stuff by putting a finger down on my hairline for contrast. Just a little more than peach fuzz. Now its growing up tall enough to be seen with a careful glance. Who know? Bit OP should do some breathing exercises. ****ty as it is, a watched pot never boils.

Yeah I have been getting into a bad habit of checking too often since starting finasteride. But beats being depressed when I wasn't on it!

OP should also stick only to 1 mg and do some reading.

Reaction score
You used 5.5 month and now you getting new hair?
Its just that i seen picture how people has new hair with 3 month but me 4 month and i can´t even see new hair. That´s why i was worried.

viet nom nom

Established Member
Reaction score
First, you're probably getting a biased sample. It is generally accepted that you need 1 to 2 years to reach max effect. Second, many people are also using rogane, which will give you faster visible results. I am not because I'd rather see what finasteride does before I commit to a lifetime of rubbing that nasty **** into my head. Third, I would be worried about starting off with such a strong dose. I don't know much about DHT (i.e., this is wild speculation), but I'd worry that if you over-supress, your body might have a compensatory response. But I'm on some buIl**** with that third point, so maybe 5 mg is fine, but settle down all the same.

yid_1984

Reaction score
I remember I had a much higher sex drive during the first 3-6 months of finasteride relative to before starting them... it eases out eventually.
Not sure what the medical reason is

Reaction score
I remember I had a much higher sex drive during the first 3-6 months of finasteride relative to before starting them... it eases out eventually.
Not sure what the medical reason is
What about hair growth? when did new hair come or when hair loss stopped?