Finasteride 1mg And Durasteride 0.5mg Gave Me Gynecomastia (man Boobs)

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to see if I've understood you:

You're saying you've had no sides since starting to use a liposomal vehicle and you are still using it?

Has anyone else tried topical finasteride with a liposomal vehicle?

irishdub

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to see if I've understood you:

You're saying you've had no sides since starting to use a liposomal vehicle and you are still using it?

Has anyone else tried topical finasteride with a liposomal vehicle?

When I started using a liposomal vehicle, I continued to have stiff neck, had this using minoxidil as a vehicle.

On liposome, I used three different doses, .5mg, .25mg and 0.1mg

On .5mg got red face, felt groggy within an hour and later in the day just felt disinterested in everything. Still had stiff neck but now every morning woke up with bad pain on right side of back of head.
Reduced to .25mg and similar sides.

Further reduced to 0.1mg and red face completely gone also blotchey red look gone. Head pain less.
No groggy affect. Stiff neck improved, but still bad head ache in morning.

Off topical finasteride 8 days and still getting that bad ache on right side of head, I know it is finasteride related as it eased when reduced dose.

When it goes, I might experiment going back on 0.1mg

I feel gutted as my hair was making really good gains I never experienced on oral finasteride

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As a general note, I don't know how long finasteride stays in the body, but you have to take that into account when trying out lower doses.

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
1mg if Propecia did enlarge my nipples and it definitely was leading to gyno about 1 year into taking this dosage. However, I don’t understand how one doesn’t immediately stop taking the drug once their chest/nipple gets this severe.

I stopped after 1 year and fortunately my chest/nipples returned to normal. However, my hair-loss accelerated and I was left with a tough decision...accept my NW5 fate or possibly take a reduce dosage after a long break and see if I still get the gyno sides. Had to roll the dice.

Fortunately, 0.5mg did NOT lead to the same gyno issues as I previously experienced and did wonders for maintaining my hair. I recently increased my dosage to 1mg and started to see the slight puffiness and fat in the chest area. For me, 1mg is too potent and leads to this side. However, 0.5mg is a dosage my body can tolerate with minor sides, but yet produces a cosmetically pleasing result.

My point? Try a smaller dosage and possibly start by taking it EOD. The sides, specifically Gyno, are 100% real and no joke. It’s what led me to quit the first time because of a girl commenting on my chest at the beach. At that point, I knew I had to figure this out or accept my future baldness.

Hope this helps.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1mg if Propecia did enlarge my nipples and it definitely was leading to gyno about 1 year into taking this dosage. However, I don’t understand how one doesn’t immediately stop taking the drug once their chest/nipple gets this severe.

I stopped after 1 year and fortunately my chest/nipples returned to normal. However, my hair-loss accelerated and I was left with a tough decision...accept my NW5 fate or possibly take a reduce dosage after a long break and see if I still get the gyno sides. Had to roll the dice.

Fortunately, 0.5mg did NOT lead to the same gyno issues as I previously experienced and did wonders for maintaining my hair. I recently increased my dosage to 1mg and started to see the slight puffiness and fat in the chest area. For me, 1mg is too potent and leads to this side. However, 0.5mg is a dosage my body can tolerate with minor sides, but yet produces a cosmetically pleasing result.

My point? Try a smaller dosage and possibly start by taking it EOD. The sides, specifically Gyno, are 100% real and no joke. It’s what led me to quit the first time because of a girl commenting on my chest at the beach. At that point, I knew I had to figure this out or accept my future baldness.

Hope this helps.
And when u say minor sides, which are those?

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
Minor sides would be more on the cognitive side. I feel not as sharp some days, words don’t come as easily to mind or I’m not as quick witted. Hard to describe, but this side was more pronounced on 1mg. I can tolerate this majority of the time because it’s minor, but I know it’s there.

Libido takes a slight hit, but I have zero issues overall in that department. The drive just takes a slight dip and you just lose the morning wood unless I take ZMA’s at night.

Lastly, slight weight gain. But in my opinion, all tolerable, but what isn’t would be gyno. If I saw that creep on me at 0.5mg I would see an endocrinologist to review my hormones and block estrogen as needed.