Finasteride 1mg And Durasteride 0.5mg Gave Me Gynecomastia (man Boobs)

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody is upset mate, you and your anti androgen lover gang are triggered as sh*t when you see posts like this, everybody knows it, your not fooling anybody.

This is not an anti androgen post, it's actually a post of a guy who is posting his side effect story to warn others and besides that, it's a free f*****g forum and i can post wherever i want and say whatever i want just like you guys can also and there is nothing you can do about it so suck it and move on, nobody cares about your opinions anyways just like they don't care about mine also, if you don't like it ignore my messages or block me and move on, nobody gives a f*** anyways.

Again.. your 1st move is to associate me with a gang and try and tell me what my opinions are on a subject lol TRUST me I'm very skeptical about taking something that limits a powerful androgen, I'm not one who believes we convert testosterone into some completely negative and serves no purpose.. BUT does that mean I gotta resort to literally getting angry at other people, name calling and tryna brag on online forum that I USED to get women? I'm not lying to you its embarrassing. It's like tryna have a political discussion with someone who's so far left/right every opinion you hold OFFENDS them!! Why!? You want everyone to have your own experiences/beliefs. Btw this thread is literally called 'ANTI ANDROGENS - PROPECIA ETC' so yeah.. you was kinda looking for the argument if you're honest with yourself

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guy comes here having gone through getting gyno and some of you respond with attacking his masculinity - truly disgusting.

And as for whether the before pic shows gyno - unclear. A lot of men carry some fat in the chest, doesn't mean it's something abnormal and, I don't know, but I very much doubt it indicates you're predisposed towards developing gyno or NOT A MAN.

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you get so offended by someone on a historically toxic forum calling you not a man for a getting side effects from a drug that you have to freak out and tell everyone your tall so your more of a man than they are, you're not a man... You may be male but I can 100% assure you that you're not a real man.

On to the next
I got very mild gyno from finasteride not anything too noticable but I plan on getting surgery so I don't have to worry about it. And someone said that surgery doesn't fix gyno permanently, I'm not so sure about that all the doctors that I've looked into say it won't come back after actual surgery. Plus many pro bodybuilders get their glands removed so they can take whatever anabolic drugs they want.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you get so offended by someone on a historically toxic forum calling you not a man for a getting side effects from a drug that you have to freak out and tell everyone your tall so your more of a man than they are, you're not a man... You may be male but I can 100% assure you that you're not a real man.

The place is toxic because guys tell each other they're not men.

What's the point of abusing this guy? He just got f*****g gyno, he needs you bunch giving him sh*t here, too? We're all in this hairloss sh*t together, no need to make it any more unpleasant than it already is.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man seriously, if you really are 6'4 you don't even need hair

Hair is for males of average height (and below average height), not for men that tall.

Just go bald, grow a beard and go to gym, you don't need f*****g hair

If i had your height i would not give a single f***

I think there's truth to what you're saying, but why do you advise growing a beard haha

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Erections: yes, when i'm in the mood.

Orgasms: no.

Wow

And don't you have mental sides ?
When my estrogens are high i have sky high anxiety, mood swings (+ emotional) and very low self confidence

And physically, gyno and female fat distribution?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow

When my estrogens are high i have sky high anxiety, mood swings (+ emotional) and very low self confidence

All these from minoxidil?

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow

Hairloss was causing me more mental sides than E or AAs ever did.

We are not in the same situation. When your estrogen was high, it was causing a hormonal imbalance with other hormones (T / DHT / P), doing all kinds of trouble. But for my case, estrogen is the dominant hormone in my body (T is down to female range), so E takes charge of my endocrine system now.

Mentally, i am less aggressive and more emotional than ever, also, i started having alot of patience for some reason (i find myself being calm 95% of the time).

Physically, yes there is female fat redistribution, painfull gyno and crushed libido (more to do with the AA rather than E). However, skin is 1000 times better, no more pimples, no more oily skin, juvenile hairline growing slowly but surely, no more dandruff, no more body odor, and no more random embarrasing erections.

Tl;dr : the positives far outweight the negatives when E is roaming my system.

CJ97

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ouch. Yours is even a worse case than mine, here's what I ended up with after 1 Year of Finasteride at 1.25 mg (finasteride is the only thing I took):

View attachment 144192

That got a little bit better when I quit, but not much... most of the lump is still there. I've tried letrozole, raloxifene, topical DHT, no luck. It's just borderline bad enough to the point where I'm considering surgery but not quite bothered enough to have done it by now. I guess I will at some point.

f*****g piece of sh*t drug.
Indeed. Get surgery and you will be finally free of it. It really sucks having gyno.

My situation seems to be getting better with time. My sex drive is returning and i have lost 10 lb since i quit the drug and my gyno has shrunk down a little too. It no longer sticks out through the t shirt as bad as it use to. I may be able to get it to a grade 1 without surgery or drugs. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Sameerahmed7

My Regimen
Reaction score
Indeed. Get surgery and you will be finally free of it. It really sucks having gyno.

My situation seems to be getting better with time. My sex drive is returning and i have lost 10 lb since i quit the drug and my gyno has shrunk down a little too. It no longer sticks out through the t shirt as bad as it use to. I may be able to get it to a grade 1 without surgery or drugs. Fingers crossed.
Did you experience any burning sensation or discomfort around your nipples when you were on pills?

irishdub

Established Member
Reaction score

I started topical finasteride on May 1st after years on oral finasteride.

Ended my topical finasteride journey last Monday. (But the two previous weeks to used liposome vehicle so no side affects below head, so effectively three weeks off finasteride)
As said all of it was using minoxidil as a vehicle except for the last two weeks, was using Trinov as a vehicle, and as the latter has a liposome as a delivery, so again I am effectively three weeks post systemic Finasteride.

I got gyno. Both sides and mild showing.
Also right nipple became elongated and left nipple rim enlarged, both nipples and aerola tuned bright bright red.

I was a gym addict before Covid, last three weeks I have worked out intensely, last week and chest in better shape, plus being off finasteride has taken weight off me.

Last week I introduced Omega 3 four times a day one capsule and Tumeric twice a day.

Today left aerola back to normal, both areola identical in size.
Nipple area now a more natural pinky complexion

Right nipple still bit elongated compared to left one but has improved.

And chest looking more firm but I can still see crease 3/4 down knowing I still have Gyno affect

Hoping because caught it soon, off finasteride and seem to be recovering well, I can make full recovery

Last edited:

irishdub

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, I put this on another thread, but will add here if it helps anyone.

I am effectively off Finasteride three weeks as in stopping it going systemic, see post above.

What I have noticed?

My gyno is improving.
I now have morning wood most mornings, my dick is also more sensitive.

Libido was never really an issue has I have always had huge libido.

Spontaneous erections, forgot they were actually a thing until recently.

Another thing that has happened, is fat appearance off my body.

I am about five pounds lighter but my face is much trimmer, let me be temporarily vain, I am now an even better looking guy, my face is trimmer and fitter looking.
I have been lighter weight on oral finasteride and my face had a fuller complexion

My body frame is slighter though, arms and legs.
And that weight on lower back and stomach is reduced.

I never really thought about finasteride causing a bloating affect until now.

The downside, oral finasteride was a disaster for me, topical finasteride made my hair have huge gains, much much thicker and crown started to fill in but due to sides such as red face, headache, sore pain at right back side of head each morning (still have) stiff neck, I have had to quit topical finasteride

And for anyone considering topical finasteride, a minoxidil vehicle will make it go systemic, liposome vehicle on low dose won't, but for me, that avenue brought about a whole new set of new sides.

Last edited: