Finally went through with getting a system. Thanks Noah for the advice.

DesertFoxx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Last year I was looking into a system for wedding I was supposed to come out in but it got pushed back to April this year.

I went to different locations in southern CA last year to get quotes. One awesome lady with a nice shop in Hollywood told me I have too much hair and I shouldn't get one yet and the rest were luring me in charging prices I couldn't afford. I stopped searching since the wedding was postponed and got on oral minoxidil with finasteride (NO SIDES). It actually brought back some density and I was pretty grateful with the results but wanted more.

I talked bad about LAVIVID systems looking horrible but that's what I ended up getting since they're affordable. I think it's the mirage skin piece or something. I'm using my own hairline for it. Had it installed in another shop in Hollywood (I hate driving that far) the dude was awesome and affordable but a bit unreliable with forgetting appointment's and answering back. I went to another shop in Monterey Park where i had been before for a quote to get my first clean up and get the system reattached. This guy is also cool, kept going on about being a professional with decades of experience but when he put my system on he didn't even place it right or glue it properly. 3 days later it was lose from the back & sides without having worked out or been in a hot environment. I went back to him yesterday, he didn't charge me but he didn't put the system on too great again and cut a small piece of it off.

I really like the first spot that installed my system, that thing was on perfectly without going up anywhere after workouts only the front coming up after two weeks which was understandable.

I definitely don't regret, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a system. I also realized my current hair isn't that bad anymore, I've had a bit of density come back but still wanted to experience wearing a system for the wedding. I graduate in 6-7 weeks so I won't be shaving my head until then.

****In the mean time can I get a recommendations on a Lace system that is affordable and not too straight? I want to give Lace systems a try before shaving my head so I know what to buy in the future. What I don't like about my current system is that it is too straight, it would be cool to find something with a bit of a wave to match my actual hair.

I haven't told the women I date I got a system, I was self-conscious at first but now I don't care. I plan to let one of them know this week before asking her to be my GF. haha

Attachments

• wedding .PNG
    wedding .PNG
    518.3 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:

DesertFoxx

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you have a before pic?
My hair loss wasn't really bad, hair length was the same length as this pic just thinner in the back. I don't really think it's worth doing it the way I got it done as a long term solution. This method is a huge hassle, It's way too hard to do it myself.

DesertFoxx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow! Looks really great and natural bro, Congrats!
Thank you, I don't feel like this method will work for me long term though. Doing it myself is a huge hassle, 'm bound to screw up my. I want to try out a new system where I cut my front hair off as well. Any recommendations?

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair loss wasn't really bad, hair length was the same length as this pic just thinner in the back. I don't really think it's worth doing it the way I got it done as a long term solution. This method is a huge hassle, It's way too hard to do it myself.

You will learn how to do it properly yourself eventually.

I'm norwood 7 bald, and hated it without a hair system.
Hated it to the point I was on anti anxiety meds and antidepressants in the past before I tried a hair system.

Wasn't just I didn't like myself bald but hated not having a hair style, and the samey shiny egghead look for over a decade...

Used not to care until the meds became less effective over the years and was having long term side effects. So that's when I looked into a hair system and starting tapering off the meds...

Last edited:

DesertFoxx

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hated it to the point I was on anti anxiety meds and antidepressants in the last before I tried a hair system.

Wasn't just I didn't like myself bald but hated not having a hair style, and the samey shiny egghead look for over a decade...
I think I wouldn't struggle so much if it weren't for using my own hairline. I want to purchase a new system but use that hairline instead of my own.

DesertFoxx

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hated it to the point I was on anti anxiety meds and antidepressants in the past before I tried a hair system.

Used not to care until the meds became less effective over the years and was having long term side effects. So that's when I looked into a hair system and starting tapering off the meds...

Edit: Sadly I have to go back on meds for a different reason: A chronic illness in the last few years I got, and massive anxiety since the start of the pandemic hell.
But hopefully at a lower dose this time.
I tried CBD oil, it helps my anxiety but not the physical health issue(vestibular migraines).
Have you looked into taking adaptogens like ashwagandha (ksm-66) and Rhodiola? You can find them anywhere, I currently take both with lions mane mushrooms. They help balance your stress hormones after your taken them for a while.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you, I don't feel like this method will work for me long term though. Doing it myself is a huge hassle, 'm bound to screw up my. I want to try out a new system where I cut my front hair off as well. Any recommendations?
Well it looks awesome in the photo! I would never know that wasn't your real hair, so natural!

Have you considered using a salon where they do everything, and you just do minor maintenance touch ups at home?

givemeaheadwithhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @DesertFoxx ... I live in Socal as well, do you mind sending me the information for the first person you went to? ...The one you liked, but could be sometimes unreliable. I live near Hollywood and have been looking for someone.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
HRT Noah? Yannick Noah? Noah from the ark?
@Noah is the guru of hair systems. He was supposed to be made moderator but I don't know why it never happened. He is responsible for greatly increasing the traffic in this subsection of the forum. He should be "crowned" king!