Finally the herb for baldness has grown, what astonishment "coffee is identified as the cause".

resu

Reaction score
Both my brother and father are heavy coffee drinkers and their hair is way better than mine, I've drank coffee without exaggeration, less than 20 times in my life.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably more bro science from the hair loss forums.

But I do pause and reflect that my hairloss didn't really begin until I was around 31/32 - coincidentally when I joined a company that had free coffee in the office and I became a coffee addict. Before then, I was really not much of a coffee drinker. Maybe I will lower my consumption to 1 cup in the morning for the next three months, it can't hurt, I was planning on cutting down anyway due to sleeping issues..

INT

Reaction score
Dear Dr, How do you explain the pattern of common hair loss with your idea of coffe?

+1

OTOH, whay do you think about Alpecin ingredients?
In my country Alpecin is no longer allowed to call it an anti hair loss shampoo because they could not provide any evidence that it worked like that.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
"stage 2 groups protected from coffee exposure including protection from volatile coffee compounds"
This is one of the worst studies I have ever read in my entire life.
So, they ask :
" You are balding, do you drink coffee "
And balding guy tell
" NO, I don't , I don't even like it"
So they say :
"So you must be exposed to "volatile coffee compounds""

LOL . Really, it is priceless .

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my country Alpecin is no longer allowed to call it an anti hair loss shampoo because they could not provide any evidence that it worked like that.

I don't trust in caffeine baut here is a recent review

"Caffeine, particularly after ingestion, is well known to exert various pharmacological effects. A growing body of evidence implicates the ingestion of caffeine with beneficial effects on several diseases. The easy penetration of caffeine across the skin barrier and into human skin makes caffeine an ideal compound for topical application. Hair loss is known to negatively affect the quality of life and predispose to depression and anxiety. Androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) is the most common type of hair loss in both men and women. To date, only few approved drug-based treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia exist, and these are inevitably associated with side effects. Therefore, the development of topical treatments based on well-tolerated natural ingredients such as caffeine to alleviate hair loss may provide a much-needed alternative to drug-based approaches."

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update:
my hair keeps on growing even in places i ve never had hair before(forehead).I haven't had coffee in 3 weeks.Abumuaileg is right.Coffee is the missing link.Feel free to contact me with any questions you have about my amazing growth.
I went to my local Dunkin Donuts to warn my fellow hair loss sufferers about the danger of coffee,but i was thrown out like a dog.
Now, DD wanna sue me for defamation.Abumuaileg you will get a subpoena by the court as an expert witness.I am from the States.You better show up or my lawyer is gonna sue your ***.

losingground

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with this post, my hair loss accelerated when I started drinking high amounts strong coffee. Anytime I start drinking again the hair loss scalp itch occurs without fail, the science may not be clear but the outcome for me was. It's certainly not the overall cause but contributes to it.

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As a hairdresser over many years and observing (unscientifically) over decades that most Italian men lose their hair through male pattern baldness, but most Irish men don't, could your observations of coffee drinkers losing hair be genuine regarding these two different cultures?

I'd always put it down to genetics, social behaviour (Italians excitable, Irish laid back) or different cultural reactions to the suppression of sex by the Catholic church.

The coffee analysis is very interesting as Italians drink several very strong espressos a day whereas the Irish tend to drink tea and/or Guinness.

Of course these hypotheses don't explain why most women don't lose their hair, but perhaps reactions to the Catholic religion, or coffee causing male pattern baldness, require DHT as the catalyst for hairloss in Italian men too.

I'm sure we'd all be extremely interested in a proper and thorough scientific study regarding coffee and male pattern baldness.

Coffee sales have just gone down in my household though just as a result of this thread alone !

Optimistic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably more bro science from the hair loss forums.

But I do pause and reflect that my hairloss didn't really begin until I was around 31/32 - coincidentally when I joined a company that had free coffee in the office and I became a coffee addict. Before then, I was really not much of a coffee drinker. Maybe I will lower my consumption to 1 cup in the morning for the next three months, it can't hurt, I was planning on cutting down anyway due to sleeping issues..
Yes, interesting, because I've been drinking much more coffee during the Pandemic which practically co-incides with my increased thinning at the temple and frontal areas.

I'm certainly going to stop drinking coffee from today and see what happens.

It's worth a try as some of this could hold credence

resu

Reaction score
Coffee gives me constipation, instead of going to the wc and spending ~5min it takes over 15min, thanks for reading.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't trust in caffeine baut here is a recent review

"Caffeine, particularly after ingestion, is well known to exert various pharmacological effects. A growing body of evidence implicates the ingestion of caffeine with beneficial effects on several diseases. The easy penetration of caffeine across the skin barrier and into human skin makes caffeine an ideal compound for topical application. Hair loss is known to negatively affect the quality of life and predispose to depression and anxiety. Androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) is the most common type of hair loss in both men and women. To date, only few approved drug-based treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia exist, and these are inevitably associated with side effects. Therefore, the development of topical treatments based on well-tolerated natural ingredients such as caffeine to alleviate hair loss may provide a much-needed alternative to drug-based approaches."

Those Australian doctors also agree that Caffeine Topicals are good.

Interesting that Topical Caffeine blocks DHT, unlike anti-androgens like Finasteride which block the enzyme which creates DHT thereby resulting in side effects: