Finally success treating my hair loss with Avodart (Dutasteride)

dm900

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi @dm900 ,

I've been on finasteride for a few years. Seem to be holding on to what I have. Also on min which seems to be thickening things up slowly. I recently ordered some dutasteride with a view to boosting my results. I can't afford to do it every day so I ordered enough for once/week dosage. Do you think this will help while continuing finasteride the other six days of the week?
Good to hear finasteride is working for you. Honestly man i couldn't say I was hoping for the same thing, although my situation was different because finasteride wasn't working for me, but i'm still very happy with how i've responded to dutasteride.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride has been okay for me so far but I really want to transition to dutasteride sometime before CB comes out. I like to introduce one treatment a time to judge how effective it is after 6-12 months. Saving minoxidil for last.

Slotback67

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man congrats on the extended success.

I want to switch to dutasteride as well. My Doctor told me that it can significantly affect semen production and quality and I saw you mentioned that. Was it worse than when you were on finasteride? And do you take zinc sups I heard that makes it better?

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man congrats on the extended success.

I want to switch to dutasteride as well. My Doctor told me that it can significantly affect semen production and quality and I saw you mentioned that. Was it worse than when you were on finasteride? And do you take zinc sups I heard that makes it better?

Finasteride affects semen density too. Things should get back to normal once you go off finasteride or in this case dutasteride. Might take half a year if not up to a year, depends on the user I guess but you're not going to wanna have kids while on these kinds of meds so you are always advised to wait at least 6 months anyway.