Finally Starting Finasteride Again After 1 Month Off Ar Inhibitors

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
NW2 approaching NW3. Crown and donor hair still good density. Forelock is thinning at the hairline. I would not use the word "insane" hair loss. Finasteride is working best where it always works best in the crown and mid scalp. The hairline is tough to save with finasteride. This is why hair transplant doctors have no worries at this time. I understand why you are concerned. Hopefully we will have something better for the hairline in the future.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
NW2 approaching NW3. Crown and donor hair still good density. Forelock is thinning at the hairline. I would not use the word "insane" hair loss. Finasteride is working best where it always works best in the crown and mid scalp. The hairline is tough to save with finasteride. This is why hair transplant doctors have no worries at this time. I understand why you are concerned. Hopefully we will have something better for the hairline in the future.
Okay thanks for your input. Guess I'll just stick with the 2mg finasteride daily then cuz that seems to be when my hair loss was at its slowest. I suppose it isn't insane, I just wasn't expecting it at all on finasteride. Also have definitely diffused everywhere a decent amount, but I honestly think a large majority of my hair loss occurred within that 8-12 month period, around 4 months after starting finasteride. Since then things have slowed down dramatically, but still very disappointed with the results, especially saying how everyone was saying I should expect at the minimum maintenance and possible regrowth.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Okay thanks for your input. Guess I'll just stick with the 2mg finasteride daily then cuz that seems to be when my hair loss was at its slowest. I suppose it isn't insane, I just wasn't expecting it at all on finasteride. Also have definitely diffused everywhere a decent amount, but I honestly think a large majority of my hair loss occurred within that 8-12 month period, around 4 months after starting finasteride. Since then things have slowed down dramatically, but still very disappointed with the results, especially saying how everyone was saying I should expect at the minimum maintenance and possible regrowth.
Not everyone is an exceptional responder to finasteride. I was not myself and I took the HairDx test and it confirmed that too. The HairDx test is no longer available. I honestly think 1mg of finasteride is all you need. But if you feel twice the dosage will help then go for it. According to the studies, the maximum effectiveness of finasteride flattened out at around 1mg. I would look into PRP. It might help thicken up your density and slow things down too. It works better with hair like yours.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not everyone is an exceptional responder to finasteride. I was not myself and I took the HairDx test and it confirmed that too. The HairDx test is no longer available. I honestly think 1mg of finasteride is all you need. But if you feel twice the dosage will help then go for it. According to the studies, the maximum effectiveness of finasteride flattened out at around 1mg. I would look into PRP. It might help thicken up your density and slow things down too. It works better with hair like yours.
I've only heard bad things about PRP. Why would it work better with hair like mine? Curious, whats your regimen btw? Are you using finasteride?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I've only heard bad things about PRP. Why would it work better with hair like mine? Curious, whats your regimen btw? Are you using finasteride?
PRP works better on low Norwoods and recent loss. Using oral finasteride and Proxiphen(my topical). Use Revita shampoo alternated with Nano Shampoo. Laser Cap 3 times per week.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
there is minoxidil in proxiphen ?
I would say my hair loss is really similar to yours dralex , maybe slightly worse , approching the Norwood 3 territry with difuse crown despite the use of 5 mg fina and minoxidil .

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
because proxiphen website looks very shady .
LOL, he is legitimate. Been dealing with Dr Proctor for years. Yes, Proxiphen has about 2 percent minoxidil unless he changed that again.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
@dralex ; i've came to the conclusion that for many people , finasteride can't save your Norwood 2.
I hope it will at least maitain a Norwood 3.

You didn't get any result with the use of duta 4 times a week ? It is about 0.28 mg of duta per day .
Which is better than poscar every day . It might have a better maitenance power . And i don't really know the half life of it .

But for me your crown look really normal . Lucky to not have worsening on this area after dropping minoxidil . Because a receding hairline is one thing ,but a thinning crown is 1000% worse .

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
@dralex ; i've came to the conclusion that for many people , finasteride can't save your Norwood 2.
I hope it will at least maitain a Norwood 3.

You didn't get any result with the use of duta 4 times a week ? It is about 0.28 mg of duta per day .
Which is better than poscar every day . It might have a better maitenance power . And i don't really know the half life of it .

But for me your crown look really normal . Lucky to not have worsening on this area after dropping minoxidil . Because a receding hairline is one thing ,but a thinning crown is 1000% worse .
Yeah will see how things go over this next year. Not very hopeful. Started using minoxidil again on hairline. Might go for 10 or 15% cuz 5% has done nothing. Not happy with how hair is there now so trying anything to get regrowth. Trying dermarolling, prescription retinal, and topical castor oil on hairline. Nothing really working. Also don't know why I used minoxidil on crown to begin with. Didn't have hair loss there to start. And I have no idea if I got results on duta. Definitely no regrowth from what I could see. Didn't really give it enough time tho. Not worth it if it's gonna give me ED. Wanna use my dick the most I can before my hair all falls out and its just something there to fill the gap between my legs. There hasn't been a big change in my hair over this past year tho. I've added a lot of supplements tho like zinc, vitamin D, castor oil, biotin n some other sh*t.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
for me , i got no morning wood since the first month of propecia ( been on it for 3 years ).
low dht = no morning wood

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
for me , i got no morning wood since the first month of propecia ( been on it for 3 years ).
O really? Seems a little nerve racking...I still had morning wood on dutasteride until those last couple weeks. I occasionally had morning wood on finasteride, but not very often.

Your dick still work completely fine during sex? (not masterbating)

g.i joey

Reaction score

If you've had no morning wood for years I'd seriously consider getting a blood test man and seeing where your values are at. I think morning wood is pretty important as it's really the only erection you have to put no thought into.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i took a lot of lood test man . And this is because of my really low DHT . elevated oestroadiol and prolactin( thanks to propecia ).
My baseline value are perfectly normal ( low oestradiol, normal test and DHT ), but propecia changes everything .
I noticed it as soon as i started propecia , but don't care .

I don't mind having ED . i am so depressed by my hair .

the only good news is that if i stop for 1 month, morning wood come back .

g.i joey

Reaction score
@michel sapin wait are you still taking 5mg finasteride? If so, move back down to 1 man, the difference in reduction is so minimal that you're most likely just causing yourself sides.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
@michel sapin wait are you still taking 5mg finasteride? If so, move back down to 1 man, the difference in reduction is so minimal that you're most likely just causing yourself sides.
Not necessarily true. Reduction in serum DHT between 1mg and 5mg is very similar, but not necessarily for scalp DHT. My derm said that every person can react differently and some people actually have a better reaction on higher dosage finasteride.

If you never get morning wood I would be very cautious using finasteride in general though.

@michel sapin Don't mean to get personal, but are you still able to keep an erection during sex?

ED during sex is like the worst thing ever. And once it happens once it fucks with your head. Why I always got some v**** on hand just in case, after the duta scare. Helps me relax just knowing I have it just in case. Rarely need to use it but damn sh*t works like a charm, takes like an hour to c*m with it though.

Last edited: