Finally Achieved My Ideal Physique And I've Never Felt More Depressed

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Op , finasteride didn't decrease your lift , or impact your physic because of the lack of DHT and oestrogen raise ?

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Op , finasteride didn't decrease your lift , or impact your physic because of the lack of DHT and oestrogen raise ?
Lifts significantly up from when I started finasteride. Physique looks much better as well. Unrelated to the drug though.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
How in the world can you bench over 300lb at 9% body fat? I've never seen anybody do it. The people who bench over 300lb are usually bulky and powerfully built, but not 9%. The 9% bodyfat people that I see are usually weak.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
How in the world can you bench over 300lb at 9% body fat? I've never seen anybody do it. The people who bench over 300lb are usually bulky and powerfully built, but not 9%. The 9% bodyfat people that I see are usually weak.

^This , that's 150kg , I've never seen even the most jacked dude in the gym go that high on bench, you're possibly too muscular? Which some girls find off putting, hindering your success..

Anyway if you're a student low on funds, leave the states get a transplant somewhere cheaper, doing nothing will continue to eat you up inside

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
^This , that's 150kg , I've never seen even the most jacked dude in the gym go that high on bench, you're possibly too muscular? Which some girls find off putting, hindering your success..

Anyway if you're a student low on funds, leave the states get a transplant somewhere cheaper, doing nothing will continue to eat you up inside
I only rep 90lbs on the bench press and i'm in great shape.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I only rep 90lbs on the bench press and i'm in great shape.

90 lbs, on a standard bench, lying down flat, with a barbell, using both hands spread slightly further than shoulder width apart?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
90 lbs, on a standard bench, lying down flat, with a barbell, using both hands spread slightly further than shoulder width apart?
90lbs with a bar

30lbs either arm with dumbells

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear people always say, "If you go bald, get jacked." Well f*** everyone that says that. I finally achieved what I consider the ideal physique and I feel like absolute sh*t. I got my bodyfat down to 9% and bench to 335 lbs / squat 405lbs / 30 pull ups (don't deadlift), and I feel god fuckn awful. While my lifts go up my hair falls out. Going from an 8/9 to a 3/4 is brutal. Srs sucks when finasteride isn't doing sh*t either after 3 years on it. I could actually consistently get with girls when I had a full head of hair and was out of shape. Having a good physique is meaningless when you're balding at 23 with a sh*t skull shape. I don't even know how I still manage to get through my lifts. I have never felt so fuckn empty in my life. I try to stay positive through this, but it is difficult when I can see my hair thinning more and more everyday. I literally wear a hat from the minute I leave my room until the minute I get back. I have a promising career path and a good education, but I still only see dark times ahead. f*** hair loss.
How come finasteride doesnt even help you maintain sh*t Im anxious now that it wont work on me either.

blackg

Reaction score
Dante and Cope will love all this talk of lifting.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
How come finasteride doesnt even help you maintain sh*t Im anxious now that it wont work on me either.
I think theres a 30% group it doesn't work for - i'm in that group as well.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think theres a 30% group it doesn't work for - i'm in that group as well.
all the big long term studies say 95% of people stay above baseline. If it doesnt it should atleast slow it down. I dont believe what you're saying how much did you use it for?

BruceMackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
When I do 135 lbs with a bar I feel self-conscious and inferior.

It's all relevant, my friend. High weight - low rep, or low weight - high rep. How's your form? Duration of time during each rep? Eccentric control? What's heavy to you is not heavy for someone else, but if it's heavy for you, your muscles will grow. The gym is no place for insecurities.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's all relevant, my friend. High weight - low rep, or low weight - high rep. How's your form? Duration of time during each rep? Eccentric control? What's heavy to you is not heavy for someone else, but if it's heavy for you, your muscles will grow. The gym is no place for insecurities.

Weight isn't irrelevant.

Right now I have no form. I'm off exercise completely while rehabilitating from surgery.

When I go back I'll be looking to gain mass, so that means high weight, low repetitions, maybe 6-8 reps.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
According to the official studies it's far less than 30% ;-)
Oh, really?

I don't have the data at hand - I thought only 30% had regrowth, 30% maintained, and 30% had no effect

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Weirdly my lifts (except squat) continued to go up as I cut weight. I have no idea how, but I think it is because I dropped my alcohol intake significantly while cutting (from like 30 drinks a week to like 8-10). Also I have decent genetics for lifting, played runningback in high school, and was nearly as big back then, but started getting out of shape when I got to college.
Also I am only 5'9.5 so that probably helps a bit.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score

At the LA Fitness I workout at, there are people that can bench 405lbs my age. Some of the huge dudes in their 30s can bench 5 plates on each side. Also I actually don't look that huge. I look smaller than some of my friends who can only bench like 225lbs for 5 reps. I just look more cut right now. My strength is a lot higher than my muscles show. And my body has never been an issue with girls. I have always been pretty muscular since high school. All the girls I've been with have seen it as a plus or don't care much. Muscles don't really help that much with most girls, but they usually aren't a turn off either. Mostly works as an intimidation factor against other guys and boosts confidence, which helps with girls.