Finally Achieved My Ideal Physique And I've Never Felt More Depressed

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear people always say, "If you go bald, get jacked." Well f*** everyone that says that. I finally achieved what I consider the ideal physique and I feel like absolute sh*t. I got my bodyfat down to 9% and bench to 335 lbs / squat 405lbs / 30 pull ups (don't deadlift), and I feel god fuckn awful. While my lifts go up my hair falls out. Going from an 8/9 to a 3/4 is brutal. Srs sucks when finasteride isn't doing sh*t either after 3 years on it. I could actually consistently get with girls when I had a full head of hair and was out of shape. Having a good physique is meaningless when you're balding at 23 with a sh*t skull shape. I don't even know how I still manage to get through my lifts. I have never felt so fuckn empty in my life. I try to stay positive through this, but it is difficult when I can see my hair thinning more and more everyday. I literally wear a hat from the minute I leave my room until the minute I get back. I have a promising career path and a good education, but I still only see dark times ahead. f*** hair loss.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear people always say, "If you go bald, get jacked." Well f*** everyone that says that. I finally achieved what I consider the ideal physique and I feel like absolute sh*t. I got my bodyfat down to 9% and bench to 335 lbs / squat 405lbs / 30 pull ups (don't deadlift), and I feel god fuckn awful. While my lifts go up my hair falls out. Going from an 8/9 to a 3/4 is brutal. Srs sucks when finasteride isn't doing sh*t either after 3 years on it. I could actually consistently get with girls when I had a full head of hair and was out of shape. Having a good physique is meaningless when you're balding at 23 with a sh*t skull shape. I don't even know how I still manage to get through my lifts. I have never felt so fuckn empty in my life. I try to stay positive through this, but it is difficult when I can see my hair thinning more and more everyday. I literally wear a hat from the minute I leave my room until the minute I get back. I have a promising career path and a good education, but I still only see dark times ahead. f*** hair loss.
Pictures would help us to assess your situation.

Is a hair transplant possible?

Please keep working out anyway - nothing worse than a bald slob

blackg

Reaction score
It truly does suck and I feel for you.
You can be in the best possible shape as far as physic and even career go, but one look in the mirror and all you can think of about is blowing your goddamned brains out.

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm no doctor but getting jacked boosts test, which as a consequence boosts DHT. finasteride block like 60% of DHT, but if you are full as f*** of DHT that 40% is more than enough to keep the balding going. I would try to further fina and giving up gym, and see what happens in like a year or two.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride, i choose you!

Reactions: Alk

BruceMackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
Continue to build your physique. Whether the slightly elevated levels of testosterone are worsening your hair is negligible at this point, better to have a good body and sh*t hair than a below average to sh*t hair and a below average body. It's important that you're proud of some part of your appearance, especially the parts you can do something about. It is possible that in a few years conditions in terms of new treatments, hair transplants etc may become available to you, at that point you will be jacked and have your hair.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shitty Genes used Aggressive Baldness! It's super effective! Dutasteride fainted! Shitty Genes gained 58841 EXP.

Baldcel used Weightlifting! It's not very effective...

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your current Norwood situation?

Sounds like it might be time to make the jump to dutasteride and/or possibly add RU, + start saving for transplant

shookwun

Reaction score
uh, working out wont make much of a difference. It's all face.

Men who are masculine with good facial aesthetics that lift weights are not as bothered, and tortured as there potato face-feminine counter part

It bugs every one, but I see a lot of masculine dudes in my gym who are hat slaves, that lift and still pick up chicks.

Deep down you know they are insecure, but they still manage to pull through with there primal instincts.

The only advice I can give is to suck it up, and learn to deal with it.

Keep lifting
Save up for the hair transplants

worst case scenario can always be a prosthesis slave

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm no doctor but getting jacked boosts test, which as a consequence boosts DHT. finasteride block like 60% of DHT, but if you are full as f*** of DHT that 40% is more than enough to keep the balding going. I would try to further fina and giving up gym, and see what happens in like a year or two.

There's actually no correlation between serum testosterone levels and baldness.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score

Fighting the mental fight right there with you brother.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pictures would help us to assess your situation.

Is a hair transplant possible?

Please keep working out anyway - nothing worse than a bald slob
Not gonna stop working out, one of the few things I still enjoy doing. Doubt hair transplant would be possible as I am starting to thin in the donor areas and am unable to stabilize my hair situation (continue to lose ground). Also can't afford a hair transplant, already 60k in debt from school.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your current Norwood situation?

Sounds like it might be time to make the jump to dutasteride and/or possibly add RU, + start saving for transplant
I would say I am at a NW3 now with pretty heavy thinning in the center on my hairline. Also have pretty bad diffuse thinning kicking in. Going to have to buzz the hair down soon, starting too look way too thin with any decent length, especially in the front.
I am tempted to take dutasteride, but also am fairly skeptical about it. Don't like the idea that the stuff stays in your system for years even after discontinuing use. Would be horrible to get some irreversible side effect, and still continue to lose hair on the drug.

shookwun

Reaction score
Not gonna stop working out, one of the few things I still enjoy doing. Doubt hair transplant would be possible as I am starting to thin in the donor areas and am unable to stabilize my hair situation (continue to lose ground). Also can't afford a hair transplant, already 60k in debt from school.

game over

time to get yourself a prosthesis

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
holy f*** you guys have some SOLID advice.
Im asking if he personally took dutasteride yet, i remember in a post he said he may try it with finasteride. Im not sugesting he try dutasteride the new drug of the future.