FINALLY, A WAY TO REGROW HAIR FULLY

el_duterino

Reaction score
Hey Cured, good post ! I was on Avodart oral for 4 years and know the power of Dutasteride.
Yeah, the belly fat is there but I don't exercise and drink quite a bit so maybe that's related..
I wanted to try it topically, but frankly between my Flutagel, Fluridil and Finasgel I just cannot find a spot in the day to add topical dutasteride. But now based on your post I might just give it a go and either stop the Finasgel or even better, mix Dutasteride to my Finasgel...
In any case, the above topical regimen has allowed me to decrease oral dutasteride to 3 times a week without negative effects on the hair. Libido is up too.. :)
When I was on daily dutasteride alone, each time i decreased the dosage I would shed more and hair would grow thinner, so I could not go under that dosage.
And finally, after 4 years, just before starting my topicals, even 0.5 mg oral a day was not enough to prevent further thinning anymore.

Keep us posted

El Duterino

Cured

Reaction score
Come on guys. I am starting to feel like I am being ridiculed, simply for trying to help.

I am just someone who had been searching for a solution to my hairloss problem, and now that I have finally found it, I just thought it would be nice to try to help others as well.

Persons on this forum are making it seem like I have so much to loose if I can't prove that my claims are true. Don't forget, whether people believe me or not, I will still get the same results.

Because pictures seem so important on both this forum and the other one I posted my experience on, I got my wife to take a picture of the top of my head. Much of the hair has already regrown (I estimate that it has doubled in thickness), but it is still a bit thin. Based on my results so far, I expect that it would be full in about 3 weeks, so I will post a picture then. I am sorry, but I do not have a previous pic of just the top of my head.

Whatever decisions you guys make now, I am satisfied with myself, that I tried my best, to help, by sharing my experience with as many people as possible by using the forums.

One thing I did not say in my first post was that when I started, I used the Dutas both on going to bed and on waking. After about 3 days, I switched to 0.5mg at nights only, and later, I reduced the dosage to 0.25mg at nights only.

I wish everyone the best in their search.

Attachments

• Pic 3June08.jpg
    Pic 3June08.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 2,818

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
What can I say! :punk: :punk: :punk: How many dutasteride caps do you apply? My hair is longer so it would take alot to cover the top, I do have about 200 so I may give it a try. As I stated, I used to add 3 to my minoxidil and then apply, which is alot easier. Either way, I am glad you found something that works.

Cured

Reaction score
PropeciaJunkie said:
What can I say! :punk: :punk: :punk: How many dutasteride caps do you apply? My hair is longer so it would take alot to cover the top, I do have about 200 so I may give it a try. As I stated, I used to add 3 to my minoxidil and then apply, which is alot easier. Either way, I am glad you found something that works.

I would say to just put enough Dutas to saturate the scalp of the balding area. I don't think you can overdose by using even as much as 5 pills because I don't suppose that very much would enter your blood stream this way, as compared with swallowing it.

The paragraph before the last in my previous post gives some detail as to how much I used. The reason I used it more frequently to start was because I remember reading that when taking it internally, you could take 2.5mg for 10 days as a loading phase and then reduce it to 0.5mg daily. I am now using less than when I started in order to minimize possible side effects.

Initially when I thought of using Dutas on my scalp, I thought about whether it could cause an increase of Dutas in my brain, but on reasoning it out, I figured that that would not happen. For that to happen, it would have to go through my skull. I figure it would go through the hair follicle, and then some would enter my bloodstream at the base of the follicle. It would then have to go through my general circulatory system before it could get to my brain.

Anyway, everything is good so far. My hair keeps growing and my belly fat is going down gradually. I also seem to be starting to get a little acne. While having acne is not a nice thing, it may mean that I am in fact having less Dutas in all parts of my body except my scalp. I read that DHT can cause the sebacious glands to produce more oil, which makes me conclude that having more Dutas (less DHT) in my system can decrease the chances of acne.

I used to have very bad acne from 18 years to about 28. Suddenly, it seemed to just go away and I thought that it just happened naturally with age. Now I am wondering if it did not stop when I started using Proscar. It is hard to tell exactly because I did not record all those dates.

I hope I am not starting any new controversy here but I have planned that if my acne starts getting out of control, I would try putting some Dutas on the affected areas, to see if it helps by making the sebaceous glands produce less oil. Anyway, that's another story. TO ANY TO ANY TEENAGERS READING THIS, REMEMBER THAT DUTAS MUST NOT BE USED BY YOUNG PERSONS.

Anyways, we will see what happens.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Very good post and info. Thank you for all the time you put into responding to this. Seriously, welcome and thank you for the contribution to the forum and continued success to you.

Cured

Reaction score
PropeciaJunkie said:
Very good post and info. Thank you for all the time you put into responding to this. Seriously, welcome and thank you for the contribution to the forum and continued success to you.

You are very welcome. I will update pic to show progress as promised.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
Cured said:
PropeciaJunkie said:

You are very welcome. I will update pic to show progress as promised.

Yeah. Please do. Interesting...

chain

Reaction score
Very good results. Do you first smash the pill in a form of powder, before you rub it?

Cured

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Just giving a little update. My belly fat is continuing to go away and I am starting to get acne (like I used to have). This suggests to me that the effects of estrogen is dropping (belly fat) and the DHT in my body is rising (acne). My hair continues to grow at the same rate which suggests that the DHT in my hair follicles is still low.

Looks like I really will have no sign of hairloss in 2 more weeks.

Note: I don't know if this makes a difference, but I don't wash my hair daily. I wash about once a week, sometimes even less often. Don't worry, I bathe every day. LOL.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
Cured said:
Hello Guys,

Just giving a little update. My belly fat is continuing to go away and I am starting to get acne (like I used to have). This suggests to me that the effects of estrogen is dropping (belly fat) and the DHT in my body is rising (acne). My hair continues to grow at the same rate which suggests that the DHT in my hair follicles is still low.

Note: I don't know if this makes a difference, but I don't wash my hair daily. I wash about once a week, sometimes even less often. Don't worry, I bathe every day. LOL.

what does belly fat gotta do with DHT? :dunno:

Cured

Reaction score
k3nn7i said:
Cured said:
Hello Guys,

what does belly fat gotta do with DHT? :dunno:

From what I have read, one of the effects of estrogen in men is increased belly fat. DHT competes with estrogen for receptor sites which means that the more DHT you have, the
less would be the effects of estrogen. Other sources say that DHT may also inhibit the production of estrogen from testosterone.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cured said:
From what I have read, one of the effects of estrogen in men is increased belly fat. DHT competes with estrogen for receptor sites which means that the more DHT you have, the less would be the effects of estrogen. Other sources say that DHT may also inhibit the production of estrogen from testosterone.

I don't know if that last part is correct, but I do know that the OPPOSITE is true: estrogen inhibits the production of DHT from testosterone.

swany

Reaction score
Hi All

im new one here

I dont know too much about dutasteride. I ahve two questions.

Is there a easy way to disolve dutasteride tablets to make it a topical so we can have CURED results

Also why is this in the propecia forum???

cheers and God Bless

Swany

IBM

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Cured said:
From what I have read, one of the effects of estrogen in men is increased belly fat. DHT competes with estrogen for receptor sites which means that the more DHT you have, the less would be the effects of estrogen. Other sources say that DHT may also inhibit the production of estrogen from testosterone.

I don't know if that last part is correct, but I do know that the OPPOSITE is true: estrogen inhibits the production of DHT from testosterone.

Thats big news for me.

swany

Reaction score
thanks P

So you can just pop a pin in there and squeeze out the gel???

Cured Im curious how after just three weeks hair has grown...also any shedding?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Yes, you can pop the pill and extract the liquid. As far as growing hair in three weeks, I have not experienced that. Generally with any treatment the minimum is 6 months but really you should not evaluate for at least a year. I know CURED has had great results quick but everyone responds different.