Final post, need serious advice please

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, sick of spamming the forums, sorry. But basically I'm wanting someone with knowledge to kindly help out. I'm going to take 0.25 finasteride daily starting next week, as I'm a diffuse thinner with almost juvenile hairline (not fully), my hair is trash basically on top.

If finasteride doesn't work and gives me side effects, what other options do I have to save time until future treatments, or just buy enough time of my young adult years with hair, until I can get a transplant.

I'm assuming if finasteride gives sides, dutasteride will too, it's even stronger. My current thoughts are Fluridil (Eucapil), with Minoxidil or microneedling if Minoxidil doesn't work.. RU-58841 apparently isn't as safe as it sounds either so not looking to try it. Thanks!

user394587

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, sick of spamming the forums, sorry. But basically I'm wanting someone with knowledge to kindly help out. I'm going to take 0.25 finasteride daily starting next week, as I'm a diffuse thinner with almost juvenile hairline (not fully), my hair is trash basically on top.

If finasteride doesn't work and gives me side effects, what other options do I have to save time until future treatments, or just buy enough time of my young adult years with hair, until I can get a transplant.

I'm assuming if finasteride gives sides, dutasteride will too, it's even stronger. My current thoughts are Fluridil (Eucapil), with Minoxidil or microneedling if Minoxidil doesn't work.. RU-58841 apparently isn't as safe as it sounds either so not looking to try it. Thanks!
Getting a hair transplant with no preventative medication in play is, generally speaking, a terrible idea. If you pursue that option you need to be sure that you:

1. Do not have aggressive hairloss
2. Have not inherited an advanced balding pattern, such as NW5 and above
3. Have a strong donor area

If you're diffuse thinning towards an advanced balding pattern, it's safe to say that you can already check 2. off that list. Getting a hair transplant doesn't change the fact that DHT is still miniaturizing your hair follicles. You will bald around your transplanted hair. If you've inherited a NW6 or NW7, you would need very strong donor hair to have a successful transplant, particularly with no pharmacological intervention.

In terms of alternatives to oral finasteride, see this post https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...e-side-effects-eventually.130765/post-2018073.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Getting a hair transplant with no preventative medication in play is, generally speaking, a terrible idea. If you pursue that option you need to be sure that you:

1. Do not have aggressive hairloss
2. Have not inherited an advanced balding pattern, such as NW5 and above
3. Have a strong donor area

If you're diffuse thinning towards an advanced balding pattern, it's safe to say that you can already check 2. off that list. Getting a hair transplant doesn't change the fact that DHT is still miniaturizing your hair follicles. You will bald around your transplanted hair. If you've inherited a NW6 or NW7, you would need very strong donor hair to have a successful transplant, particularly with no pharmacological intervention.

In terms of alternatives to oral finasteride, see this post https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...e-side-effects-eventually.130765/post-2018073.

Thank you. So yes, I agree, if finasteride gives sides I'll definitely get them on dutasteride.

I was originally going to try Finasteride topically, but very hard to apply, and also goes systemic eventually anyway so no difference really.

So even like you said, minoxidil, microneedling, and something like fluridil or another blocker. I guess that's my only options. Could try RU-58841 but the heart reports with that are terrible.

Thank you. Its annoying. My mother's father never went bald, only receeded to NW3 and maintained that for his life...only my uncle is bald in my family, yet here I am.

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at the topical dutasteride threads. There are many impressive pictures everywhere on the web.

Here is one study:

The role of 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors disrupting hormonal levels is a controversial issue. Oral dutasteride (0.5 mg/day) decreases serum dihydrotestosterone levels by more than 90% and increases serum testosterone levels.[5] It is believed that systemic absorption after mesotherapy is equal to after oral dutasteride because the scalp is highly vascular.[4]

We did not detect significant differences between serum hormone levels before and after treatment, suggesting that the absorption of dutasteride after a nonintensive treatment protocol is worthless.

The limitations of our study are the small sample size and the short follow-up. Nevertheless, we consider of interest our preliminary results that may be the basis for future research.

In conclusion, mesotherapy with dutasteride may be an effective therapy for patients with Androgenetic Alopecia even with less intensive treatment schedules, as sessions once every 3 months.
______
You can buy the dutasteride 0.5 mg capsules at alldaychemist and other places. Squeeze out 12 capsules into 60 grams of base compounding cream or 60 ml of some oil based carrier. Dutasteride dissolves well in ethyl alcohol but the idea is to not get absorption into the blood stream.

Castor oil could be the solvent for dutasteride and would easily dissolve the 6 mg dutasteride. Castor oil has many threads too of being an accused grower of hair. Other oils of course could be used...

Use a 1-2 mm roller or dermapen as they suggest below:

user394587

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're considering finasteride, you should consider getting baseline bloodwork first. It's good to have these markers regardless, from a general health perspective.

It should have this on it

- Total T
- Free T
- E2
- Prolactin
- SHBG
- LH
- FSH
- TSH
- Free T4

That way if something goes wrong, you have numbers to fall back on. Measuring DHT isn't as important because it's a paracrine hormone and most of it is produced in the tissue. Serum levels don't tell you much. It wouldn't hurt to have it measured, though.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at the topical dutasteride threads. There are many impressive pictures everywhere on the web.

Here is one study:

The role of 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors disrupting hormonal levels is a controversial issue. Oral dutasteride (0.5 mg/day) decreases serum dihydrotestosterone levels by more than 90% and increases serum testosterone levels.[5] It is believed that systemic absorption after mesotherapy is equal to after oral dutasteride because the scalp is highly vascular.[4]

We did not detect significant differences between serum hormone levels before and after treatment, suggesting that the absorption of dutasteride after a nonintensive treatment protocol is worthless.

The limitations of our study are the small sample size and the short follow-up. Nevertheless, we consider of interest our preliminary results that may be the basis for future research.

In conclusion, mesotherapy with dutasteride may be an effective therapy for patients with Androgenetic Alopecia even with less intensive treatment schedules, as sessions once every 3 months.
______
You can buy the dutasteride 0.5 mg capsules at alldaychemist and other places. Squeeze out 12 capsules into 60 grams of base compounding cream or 60 ml of some oil based carrier. Dutasteride dissolves well in ethyl alcohol but the idea is to not get absorption into the blood stream.

Castor oil could be the solvent for dutasteride and would easily dissolve the 6 mg dutasteride. Castor oil has many threads too of being an accused grower of hair. Other oils of course could be used...

Use a 1-2 mm roller or dermapen as they suggest below:

Thank you, but like I said since Dutasteride is a bit stronger, if I got Finasteride side effects, I don't think that would be an option for me. Dutasteride would definitely cause side effects if finasteride does unfortunately?

Thank you for your help though. I'm so lost and just trying to plan ahead. Maybe topical finasteride would work better for me if oral doesn't.

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you, but like I said since Dutasteride is a bit stronger, if I got Finasteride side effects, I don't think that would be an option for me. Dutasteride would definitely cause side effects if finasteride does unfortunately?

Thank you for your help though. I'm so lost and just trying to plan ahead. Maybe topical finasteride would work better for me if oral doesn't.

In the .01% study:

That figures to be 0.3 mg dose of dutasteride(if you use the 3 ml like fueclinic) every 3 months.

Last edited:

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the .01% study:

That figures to be 0.3 mg dose of dutasteride(if you use the 3 ml like fueclinic) every 3 months.
So what you're saying is, if I get sides from finasteride, I may not get sides from dutasteride because it affects the levels differently? Topical not oral. Even though its typically stronger.

And idk if I'm keen on using an injection? Any other methods bro.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not kicking the bucket just yet.. You've already said oral minoxidil right. That sh*t is probably dangerous?
Just get on finasteride and see how you tolerate it. You don't need to plan out every single adjustment so far in advance. Finasteride, add minoxidil and that can take you about a year to determine how well it is working. You don't need to make a decision on the other treatments tonight. But it is very simple and hammered all over these forums. Finasteride ---> add Topical min ---> Dutasteride/OM/RU. That next level will depend on how you respond to what.

OtyMac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what you're saying is, if I get sides from finasteride, I may not get sides from dutasteride because it affects the levels differently? Topical not oral. Even though its typically stronger.

Quit overthinking it. The topical in the Mexican link used 1 ml of topical dutasteride PER EVERY 3 months. That would be .1 mg of dutasteride every 3 months assuming 100% of the topical went systemic which is comical. This is a TRIVIAL DOSE because EOD for BPH they take 0.5 mg DAILY vs 0.1 mg over a 3 month span. Not everybody even gets sides with the daily 0.5 mg either.

The studies injected with a needle but the fueclinic just recommends a dermaroller or dermapen 1-2 mm to "inject" the topical.

Don't bank on RU either as from what I've seen as predictable as a coin flip.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Jacoby77, you know this won't be your final post. You will be back many times more in the future. Once you fall into the vortex or matrix, you can never leave.
Sounds like you're sick of me already :(

Sorry for the spam posts bro. Just on edge and have no idea what my second options are. I'm stuck here forever I guess.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quit overthinking it. The topical in the Mexican link used 1 ml of topical dutasteride PER EVERY 3 months. That would be .1 mg of dutasteride every 3 months assuming 100% of the topical went systemic which is comical. This is a TRIVIAL DOSE because EOD for BPH they take 0.5 mg DAILY vs 0.1 mg over a 3 month span. Not everybody even gets sides with the daily 0.5 mg either.

The studies injected with a needle but the fueclinic just recommends a dermaroller or dermapen 1-2 mm to "inject" the topical.

Don't bank on RU either as from what I've seen as predictable as a coin flip.
Alright. So topical dutasteride, in any form would be a good step. Any links on the website here that show results from it?
Thanks

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro you haven't even popped your first finasteride...
I understand, im just saying in the case it does not work I have to be ready otherwise my hair will get worse, as finasteride will cause a shed regardless. Just have to be active before it's too late

royce gracie

My Regimen
Reaction score

The rationale behind topical dutasteride is that it has a molecular weight of around 500 daltons whereas finasteride is around 300. A lower molecular actually means more systemic absorption which is why topical finasteride, at best, delays a systemic effect. Topical dutasteride with the right carrier agent could in theory remain very local to the scalp. It's all speculative though since AFAIK there are no human studies on it.