Figures On World Wide Finasteride Usage

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even the name creeps me out. Sounds like something they'd use castrate someone.

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"In 2016 it [Finasteride] was the 75th most prescribed medication in the United States with more than 10 million prescriptions."

abcdefg

Reaction score
We can debate the dangers of it all day, and this forum has decades and millions of threads arguing back and forth about propecia. I am telling you this stuff works amazingly. I mean there is nothing else like it. Whoever says DHT is not a major part of male pattern baldness can eat a poop pie because they are feeding you crap. There is nothing remotely near the effectiveness of this drug at regrowing hair. I see tons of tiny hairs growing back. minoxidil for 6 months everyday? Jack crap
The health and safety of it... I dont think its very good for you.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I
the battle against hairloss is not for the weak one, you have to take big risks to be in this fight and those who choose to play it safe will lose their hair. You give something and get something, you wont get it both ways.
I'M sorry man but I think you are wrong. It's not about being weak or strong because if risking your health (sexual, mental or any other) is what u put up in the game then you are straight up delusional. For the moment the AA approach is about taking unknown risks to fix a cosmetic issue. Even though I live my hair and hate seeing it go, I don't see any "strength" in popping a pill with that may or may not work but that could (or not) create serious issues in my body. In the end the same could be said about looking your hair loss straight in the eyes and accepting it rather than hiding behind foams and pills and needles. Many "hair loss fighters" are so "strong" that they actually keep this as a highly guarded secret.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I

I agree, especially when people accuse me of being “some random guy on the internet “ when I’m in the medical field and in this group to help men recover from from finasteride.
Again, sorry if I missed it, but if u truly are MD then you know very well that without proof of credentials your statements are just that...

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, you're right. What has happened to me isn't even listed as a side effect yet you can see so many accounts on here in the same state. And others just telling them to keep on the drug. I eventually had to come off of it because it put me in a severe depression and gave me panic attacks which have cleared up 10 months off of it.

People don't want to believe that damage this drug is doing and happy to accept side effects to keep their hair. I've recently read on this forum people questioning PFS. It should be banned along with dire sites like this
This is is actually a good source of information despite the toxicity that some members like to throw around. So jo, banning is not the solution

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it would have helped me.
If you had at least a hut of knowledge about the risks and debates regarding the use of this drug before you took it then no, banning this drug wouldn't have helped you because you would have tried something else...

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wish I hadn't bothered with Finasteride, completely ruined my hair and has definitely sped up the loss after just 6 weeks on 1mg a day. No one could notice my hair loss... 10 months on and I now have to use toppiks. My skin is constantly greasy and my head burns for the majority of the day. Bullshit drug, don't take it
this is me, the burning scalp is a symptom of Telogen Effluvium, i been on the drug longer then u, totally fucked up my hair density

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity is reflex hyperandrocity proven to exist ? like a scientific study or anything that’s not anecdotal ? i’m just curious. bc i’ve only ever heard about it on forums

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity is reflex hyperandrocity proven to exist ? like a scientific study or anything that’s not anecdotal ? i’m just curious. bc i’ve only ever heard about it on forums

No idea, but it seems I have all the symptoms of it. As I type this I have a burning sensation down my scalp which didn't exist before taking the drug

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No idea, but it seems I have all the symptoms of it. As I type this I have a burning sensation down my scalp which didn't exist before taking the drug

idk. there really is no proof of it being real whatsoever. i really only found one google Doctor of a dr saying it could be a thing in theory. idk why so many people talk about it like it’s a fact. even that doctor said, even if certain receptors are increased, it still shouldn’t stop the hair protecting benefit of finasteride . idk all seems like broscience

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well there is definitely something that exists, call it what you like. Or don't, just be thankful you don't have it.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was never too afraid to use it but I kept dodging it for over a month because I felt there was a lot of uncertainties but now after having used it for almost 2 years, moving to dutasteride a year ago, now using oral minoxidil as well, I'm not sure why I bothered delaying it. No sides, no nothing. If it didn't reduce my hair loss, if someone told me they were sugar pills I would've believed them.