Fibres have stopped attaching - very successful user to no longer working ??!

fidelastro

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm finding it difficult to find information on my specific issue.

For the past 12 months (post hair transplant) I have been using hair fibres with great success. My hair was long when I started using the fibres and I then buzzed my head to #4 during lockdown and have had between a #3 and #6 since then - still with amazing results from fibres.

I use a product called Hi-Lift Professional Hair Building Fibres in either Dark Brown or Medium Brown sold over the counter here in select Australian pharmacies.

The density was incredible and I found a really great routine. Hairline was completely natural and I found maintenance to be pretty easy. I've been amazed at how great the fibres had been working and it was very much just another part of my routine.

Then about a month ago I had shave my head to a #0 for something which I've never done before.

I waited for a couple of weeks for my hair to grow back to a level of at least a #3 (same length i've buzzed multiple times) so that I could start using my fibres again and have a full density.

Two weeks went by.. four weeks.. five weeks..

Now at 6 weeks - my natural hair is technically at around a #4 (maybe even a bit longer) and fibres are not attaching at all??

I have photos from just weeks prior with a full head of hair using the fibres and now it seems as if that since shaving my head not all the hairs grew back?

The fibres are just falling on my scalp and being pushed around really easily and not attaching to my hairs - not something i've ever experienced.

At the moment for me it's just a waiting game to grow my hair to a length where the fibres easily attach and blend but I would love some help to speed that process up.

It's very frustrating and I'm struggling to make sense of why they worked for so long and now they don't.

I can post photos if someone needs them and thinks they can help.

Thanks.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm finding it difficult to find information on my specific issue.

For the past 12 months (post hair transplant) I have been using hair fibres with great success. My hair was long when I started using the fibres and I then buzzed my head to #4 during lockdown and have had between a #3 and #6 since then - still with amazing results from fibres.

I use a product called Hi-Lift Professional Hair Building Fibres in either Dark Brown or Medium Brown sold over the counter here in select Australian pharmacies.

The density was incredible and I found a really great routine. Hairline was completely natural and I found maintenance to be pretty easy. I've been amazed at how great the fibres had been working and it was very much just another part of my routine.

Then about a month ago I had shave my head to a #0 for something which I've never done before.

I waited for a couple of weeks for my hair to grow back to a level of at least a #3 (same length i've buzzed multiple times) so that I could start using my fibres again and have a full density.

Two weeks went by.. four weeks.. five weeks..

Now at 6 weeks - my natural hair is technically at around a #4 (maybe even a bit longer) and fibres are not attaching at all??

I have photos from just weeks prior with a full head of hair using the fibres and now it seems as if that since shaving my head not all the hairs grew back?

The fibres are just falling on my scalp and being pushed around really easily and not attaching to my hairs - not something i've ever experienced.

At the moment for me it's just a waiting game to grow my hair to a length where the fibres easily attach and blend but I would love some help to speed that process up.

It's very frustrating and I'm struggling to make sense of why they worked for so long and now they don't.

I can post photos if someone needs them and thinks they can help.

Thanks.
Post the photos. I think that is very interesting that it won't stick. Doesn't make anything other than maybe the hair is still too short.

toronto

Reaction score
I’ve seen some guys on YouTube moisturize their hair with a wee bit of oil before adding the fibres, saying it works better for them. I haven’t tried that but maybe it’s worth a try.