Female Minoxidil: One Month Progress

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had similar results to yours at the hairline (I have female pattern hair loss too) but that was at 1.5 months of consistent use of minoxidil twice daily, I've been thinking about using a derma roller so I'll get the 0.5 mm one and work my way up to 1 or 1.5 as the famous study, do you apply the rogaine right after dermarolling or do you wait a few hours?

br1

Reaction score
Can you tell me which one to get.

And how do you clean it?

Do you bleed?

I bought these 2

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B015GPEMA2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00ZIB23CE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(I liked the 1st better. I was using the 2nd one, but I discarded it after 10months - because I heard somewhere you should not use the same for too long. due to bacterial, virus infection risk etc)

I don't do it to the point I bleed. I roll it a few (10 or less) times on each part of my front scalp + forehead and temple areas. The skin usually gets a little irritated (red). But it's normal the next day.
When it happens that I use too much pressure, it gets little blood dots (but blood doesn't run) - then I skip the next session or until it heals completely (don;t want to get an infection or something).

To clean: the 1st one on my list comes with a plastic case. I usually, before each use, put 90% alcohol in the case, and soak the roller in it for a few seconds..

That's it.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
AFAIK it makes your body release growth factors, which will improve hair growth.

Thanks so much for posting information..Im seriously considering it although I am thinking the derma stamp may be better for me due to the length of my hair.

The DR who gives me the topical spironolactone offered to also give me topical finasteride I am thinking of this as well to see if it works for a few months...(I am fertile but not having kids at this age just so no one things me irresponsible taking chance etc)

Reactions: br1

Christopher H.

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 56227 It's actually been 26 days, but my progress is so exciting! Want to share with you if you're feeling skeptical about using rogaine!
Because I definitely felt hopeless, but this is the proof.

Edit: the acne on my forehead is caused by the rogaine foam :( one of the side effects I experienced
Wow, this is something I thought only guys went through. Glad to say i've had similar success. Keep at it!

Erika

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had similar results to yours at the hairline (I have female pattern hair loss too) but that was at 1.5 months of consistent use of minoxidil twice daily, I've been thinking about using a derma roller so I'll get the 0.5 mm one and work my way up to 1 or 1.5 as the famous study, do you apply the rogaine right after dermarolling or do you wait a few hours?

How are your results after 1.5 mo?
Recently I've been derma rolling then waiting 30 min but I get headaches :(
I'll go back to waiting an hour-24 hours

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on the great progress; you can definitely see improvement. Do you have standard diffuse thinning, or is it in a receding pattern? It appears to be a little bit of both from the pictures you posted.

Erika

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on the great progress; you can definitely see improvement. Do you have standard diffuse thinning, or is it in a receding pattern? It appears to be a little bit of both from the pictures you posted.
I really like your username hehe.
Is a receding pattern, it's a U shape at my crown :(

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you bleed?

f4r1ms.gif