Female Minoxidil: One Month Progress

Erika

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_6562.jpg
It's actually been 26 days, but my progress is so exciting! Want to share with you if you're feeling skeptical about using rogaine!
Because I definitely felt hopeless, but this is the proof.

Edit: the acne on my forehead is caused by the rogaine foam :( one of the side effects I experienced

FULL 30 DAY PROGRESS:

Attachments

• IMG_6599.JPG
    IMG_6599.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 2,191
Last edited:

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You must be one of those mice we hear about everything working on them super fast. Nice to finally get to interact with one even on a forum. Congrats.

That really sucks, you got the little vellus hairs I got in the first pic, I got them after 2 weeks, it's been 3 weeks and they're still vellus. Yours already look like terminal or heading that way.

When did your hair loss start?

Erika

My Regimen
Reaction score
You must be one of those mice we hear about everything working on them super fast. Nice to finally get to interact with one even on a forum. Congrats.

That really sucks, you got the little vellus hairs I got in the first pic, I got them after 2 weeks, it's been 3 weeks and they're still vellus. Yours already look like terminal or heading that way.

Thank you I started losing hair gradually at 18-19 so I jumped on it quickly.
Ah crap.. How can you tell that they're terminal??

Erika

My Regimen
Reaction score

Oh wait, terminal is good yes?
And I also take biotin everyday and derma roll my scalp, its definitely helped my hair sprout out in all directions!

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
h
Oh wait, terminal is good yes?
And I also take biotin everyday and derma roll my scalp, its definitely helped my hair sprout out in all directions!
how often and what length dermaroller do you use ?

br1

Reaction score
I'm doing the same as you (min, biotin, derma roll 0.5mm).
But I also take finasteride and nizoral. And I derma roll 1x week (for 6mo), now 1x very 2 weeks.

I got similar results. Stick with it. I'm 14 months in, and still see improvements. Velus turning terminal (but it's a very slow process).

Good luck

br1

Reaction score
Thank you I started losing hair gradually at 18-19 so I jumped on it quickly.
Ah crap.. How can you tell that they're terminal??
Terminal: darker, thicker and grows long. Velus is like a "peach fuss".

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it
But I also take finasteride and nizoral. And I derma roll 1x week (for 6mo), now 1x very 2 weeks.

I got similar results. Stick with it. I'm 14 months in, and still see improvements. Velus turning terminal (but it's a very slow process).

Good luck
i think you have an awesome regime. what depth dermaroller and do you have photos before and after 14 months ?

Reactions: br1

br1

Reaction score
it

i think you have an awesome regime. what depth dermaroller and do you have photos before and after 14 months ?
I am not doing it too hard. I read the derma roller study where they said they did "light rolling". They did lightly until the skin was pink/redish.

So, I never get any blood. And before reading the study, I was applying minoxidil right after. Nowadays I wait a couple of hours (in the study they skip minoxidil on dermaroller days).

I don't have pics, sorry. I know it's working because I have what I call "control hairs". For example, on my right temple, I have 1 (ONE) hair that got isolated. And I measured the distance between this lonely hair and the hairline. And this distance is getting so short, that this lonely hair will one day become part of the hairline again (I HOPE!). But it's taking a lot of time.. Anyways I just keep being consistent with all the treatments..

Trying to keep my follicles alive for as long as possible, until something better comes around..

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity: how 'raw' do you dermaroll your skin? (howmany times do you go over the same spot?)

Erika

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not doing it too hard. I read the derma roller study where they said they did "light rolling". They did lightly until the skin was pink/redish.

So, I never get any blood. And before reading the study, I was applying minoxidil right after. Nowadays I wait a couple of hours (in the study they skip minoxidil on dermaroller days).

I don't have pics, sorry. I know it's working because I have what I call "control hairs". For example, on my right temple, I have 1 (ONE) hair that got isolated. And I measured the distance between this lonely hair and the hairline. And this distance is getting so short, that this lonely hair will one day become part of the hairline again (I HOPE!). But it's taking a lot of time.. Anyways I just keep being consistent with all the treatments..

Trying to keep my follicles alive for as long as possible, until something better comes around..
Thank you for giving me hope!!
Did you notice any harsh side effects when you derma rolled then minoxidil?
I was thinking of derma rolling after my shower then waiting an hour or 2... what are your thoughts?

Erika

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity: how 'raw' do you dermaroll your skin? (howmany times do you go over the same spot?)

5x vertical
5x horizontal
5x diagonal: in each direction
And do it gently, enough to get pink... try not to try blood, you don't want to risk infection

br1

Reaction score
Thank you for giving me hope!!
Did you notice any harsh side effects when you derma rolled then minoxidil?
I was thinking of derma rolling after my shower then waiting an hour or 2... what are your thoughts?

I think that's what I do... (derma rolling after my shower then waiting an hour or 2)

Never notice any sides.. Only more body hair (vellus though).

Erika

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that's what I do... (derma rolling after my shower then waiting an hour or 2)

Never notice any sides.. Only more body hair (vellus though).
Hm... that's unfortunate to hear :(
I think I'm going to try it today anyway!
Thanks for your advice!

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What derma roller do you guys use?

i think i want to start doing this.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Good luck

Can you tell me which one to get.

And how do you clean it?

Do you bleed?