Feeling pretty low....

SpriteGoblin

Reaction score
hi hope no one minds me writing a little about my hair loss as i find it hard to talk to people about it, and well you guys are all going through it to. Im 28, and my hair began to thin when i was about 22. a friend pointed out to me that i was thinning on my crown, from the moment my life has never been the same. after that i gradually began to thin on the i think they call it the vertex, id often get a really irritated scalp as well at times it felt like it was on fire. As the years got past the hair thinned very very gradually and at times seemed to get thicker and that used to make me think it was a passing faze and it would all grow back. not the case! so then i discovered Minoxidil which seemed to help, then after a while it had no effects at all really. and over the past few weeks its really become aggresive and got a 100 times worse to the point now were my confidence is shot to peaces. the irritation has become really intense recently too.
when getting off a bus i tend to bow my head down so no one can see the back of my head were its at it worst. i feel like people are stirring at me in the street and confidence with women is now nil. i have one hope left in that ive just ordered my first lot of Propecia and will see how i react to that along with the Nizoral and will give minoxidil another go whilst on it as well. I dont think i could bear to lose all my hair. so thanks for listning guys and ill report back in a few months with how im getting on.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Got any pics?

SpriteGoblin

Reaction score
Here we go, taken about about 10 mins ago.

Attachments

• 211236.jpg
    211236.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 2,318
  • 211340.jpg
    211340.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 2,327

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
from those pics i can say that its good youve got it short and that if you use rogaine foam there could be some hope ion regards to regrowth!

the rogaine foam is strong stuff and you might shed heavily at first but sit it out and as its winter i guess a hat wont look too out of place,i used to use the liquid minoxidil and it pretty much did nothing (well,a little regrowth) but the foam is a vast improvement

once you have been opn the foam and nizoral and propecia for a year and if you have enough money and you have consulted a reputable hair transplant doctor then a transplant could do you wonders but its a big decision and not one to take lightly.

dont stress too much man,its just hair and there are always ways of fighting it..........if it really really got to the point here you had nothing left and you werent a good candidate for a hair transplant then try a toplace hairpiece(stick with me here).......i know its a 'wig' but they are undetectable these days and you can do all the maintaining of it yourself.........look at toplace.com to get an idea.......they have a very very thin lace mesh and look very natural.........dont give up man,youll find your answer sooner or later

s.a.f

Reaction score
I know this is'nt much help but remember there are many others going through the same thing.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
why are you worried about going completely bald? ur pretty much already there. go live ur life...u've already hit the bottom with regards to balding so don't stress about losing more. go out and start living ur life w/out the worries of how life may be if u lose all ur hair.

Best not to mess with Propecia and other stuff as you don't seem like a good candidate for it..and why risk all the sides.

Your very fortunate your head looks good.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thats easy for you to say. :thumbdown2:
Anyway firstly he's not almost completley bald he still has enough hair for the situation to be hopefull if meds can thicken it up.
Secondly how can you tell from a close up overhead shot that he looks good bald? :dunno:
Thirdly how can you tell he's not a good candidate for propecia? and btw sides are very very rare. :smack:

SpriteGoblin

Reaction score
Well would like to know your reasoning behind me not being a good candidate for propecia. im in my 20's although late. i dont have any complete bald patches i have hair every were although thin and i have male pattern baldness in my family. imo i think i would a pretty good candidate for it, i mean i can only give it ago and see what happens, at least then if i was to leave it and i do completely bald which it's pretty clear i will i wont have any regrets and think what if.

thanks for the advice guys, really apreciated.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Thats easy for you to say. :thumbdown2:
Anyway firstly he's not almost completley bald he still has enough hair for the situation to be hopefull if meds can thicken it up.
Secondly how can you tell from a close up overhead shot that he looks good bald? :dunno:
Thirdly how can you tell he's not a good candidate for propecia? and btw sides are very very rare. :smack:

I meant his head (from the limited shots) looked good and not cone shaped or egg head like.

As for meds thickening up his hair...there's not much there to thicken up. As for propecia, everyone has their own opinion which are based on the literature published by Merck. I just mentioned there a side effects is all...even if rare, is it worth f*****g around with ur hormones to repair something that looks inevitably un-repairable?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
he might happen to be one of those great responders though.

s.a.f

Reaction score
malibujoe said:
As for propecia, everyone has their own opinion which are based on the literature published by Merck.

Or the fact that the majority of the guys on here are on it and have been for 12months + and the majority of them continue to use it without side effects. :whistle:

SpriteGoblin

Reaction score
malibujoe i would disagree that i do have hair to thicken up, took shots from further way and after applying rogaine foam.

Attachments

• 204844.jpg
    204844.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 765
  • 204837.jpg
    204837.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 758

RaginDemon

Reaction score
keep at it and you never know how it will turn out in a yr.

We have seen some amazing regrowth in the past.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry..but it looks like a bunch of pubes are growing on top of your head. I think you would look much better just buzzing it all off.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
malibujoe said:
Sorry..but it looks like a bunch of pubes are growing on top of your head. I think you would look much better just buzzing it all off.

uhh no it doesnt look like that at all and youre not sorry cos ya wouldnt have said it to begin with

he's got plenty of hair to work with and the big three could do wonders

RaginDemon

Reaction score
malibujoe said:

that comment was completely unnecessary man.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Im just saying..shave it off and begin the big 3 to see how it develops.

I'm not sure why he would bend his head lower so no one can see his crown when the top of his head is just as thin/wispy/balding as the back...why show that part of it to the ppl in front of him?

G

malibujoe said:
Im just saying..shave it off and begin the big 3 to see how it develops.

I'm not sure why he would bend his head lower so no one can see his crown when the top of his head is just as thin/wispy/balding as the back...why show that part of it to the ppl in front of him?

:agree:

Shave it off or use a concealer! Use Dutasteride and minoxidil for 12 months and you might see a pleasant surprise then. No reason to lie to anyone :nono:

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
malibujoe said:
Im just saying..

yea but thats just it,ya not 'just saying' youre adding insult to injury.T-A-C-T look it up

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
malibujoe said:

:thumbsdown:
Did you see the title of this thread?