Feel Like Crying Affecting Me Bad

KEVING

Established Member
Reaction score
God i just got a hair cut and i have lost so much hair on my crown vertex, you can see my shiny scalp. Noticing it alot more towards the front too.Im sure its down to the itch so going to the derm on wed hopefully he'll send me in the right direction, fingers crossed...!!!

Anybody got any other ideas just feel like buzzing my head,. but know i wont suit it!!

Im starting t-gel and nizoral again still dont think it'll get rid of the itch though. Had to stop it before as i thought it was causing irritation

Proscar - 4 month
Tricomin Shampoo & Conditioner

Tried nizoral, T-Gel, Jasons Thin to Thick, Alphasol,Tricomin therapy spray with dropper and Beta Val Steriod from doctor

What should i be asking the derm? should i be asking for him to check my thyroid levels??

thanks

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
With itching it is important to rule out inflammation (caused by autoimmune problems, folliculitis) which might require specific diagnosis and treatment. The doctor can help do this. If it is purely male pattern baldness (as crown and vertex loss suggests) then the common treatments (Finasteride, nizoral) will help. Additionally your tricomin spray may help fight inflammation while minoxidil (dr Lee's is easiest to use) may help regrowth. Shaving is a personal choice... If you think it will help you not worry about your hair it may be a good idea and will make it easier to apply treatments... Give them more than 4 months to decide if they are working or not. Good luck.

Stingray

Reaction score
Give it the chop man! It's funny actually. I thought I looked ridiculous the first couple days of having a shiny dome in the army, but after a while it grew on me. My head stopped being so pale from having hair that now I think it looks good. I can't imagine myself WITH hair. In fact, I look at the pictures of me when my hair was still decent and I laugh. RefuckingTarded :)

But I know the feeling. The apprehension of getting a buzz cut is horrid. But trust me, you'll be glad you did.

And it makes accepting the fact you are going bald a lot easier. No way to hide it, but you don't really have anything to HIDE in the first place. No one really cares that guys go bald save the guys losing their hair. An ounce of acceptance is worth a ton of potential "cures" in my book. I feel a lot better about myself knowing that I just don't care about it anymore.

It's worth a shot.

(turns off ramble machine)

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Kev - have you ever tried emu oil? I think that's what a lot of guys use for the itchies.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Good luck man - it seems like you've been enduring this for a long while now.

Petchsky

Reaction score
You seem to have had this problem for ages now. Shaveing your head will help with the feeling of helplessness and should help out your scalp. Be easy to apply a scalp moisturiser.

KEVING

Established Member
Reaction score
Derm tommorrow, hopefully he'll have an idea what to do. What should i ask for, should i go for a thyroid test?

Stingray

Reaction score
I'd say skip the thyroid test. You got male pattern baldness.

If you're thinning in a horseshoe pattern on the top of the head, it's a damn good indicator that you got the sh*t. Don't waste your money on extensive lab work, because many tests can be expensive, and inconclusive. Just calm down, get you some Rogaine or something, smoke some weed or get drunk, and wank it.

You'll feel better about the situation, I promise.

KEVING

Established Member
Reaction score
Ye your right. Just feel like im getting no where with the meds its been 4 months so i know its to early. But since i stopped finasteride in january after 4 months due to a car crash i seem to loss heaps of density all over and a shed load at the crown/vertex.

The itch is killing me, pray to god the derm has the answer, this can't be normal!!!

Thanks

Stingray

Reaction score
Follow my lead and I promise you'll feel better.

Accept the fact that you are losing your hair. While there are drugs that can delay it, or possibly reverse it, you are STILL prone to losing it. I'm not telling you to stop FIGHTING it of course, but I'm just suggesting that you take in to account that you ARE fighting a losing battle. Just don't let it bother you. Get a hobby, get a buzz cut, make the girls think that it doesn't bother you. You will be surprised at how little people actually care about your hair. A positive attitude on things goes a lot farther than a thousand dollar a year treatment regimen.

This is just my way of dealing with things, however... I'm just offering up my "success story".

Take it or leave it :)

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
Stingray, where do you live? Here in the U.S, Propecia is only 600 a year, and most people cut corners by getting Proscar and cutting it up. It comes out to a LOT less than a grand a year.

Also, if you have been following HM at all, you will know that they are making progress, and Dr. Washenik (chief executive of Aderans, who is one of the leaders in the HM race) has stated that he is hoping to have an available procedure by 2009.

So, yes, if left untreatred all of us here will go bald, but if we fight it with available treatments, we can hopefully give ourselves enough time to hold out till HM comes and gives us more options.

Stingray

Reaction score
I prefer to see things realistically rather than ideally. I just don't think that fighting genetics is a winning battle.

And don't you DARE tell me how much sh*t costs. Due to diminishing returns on treatments, I was spending on the course of 1500 to 2500 a year on stuff. So keep your "most people" arguments out of this. And besides, 600 dollars for propecia per year, 100+ a year for minoxidil, 100+ a year on shampoos and conditioners, 100+ a year on vitamins, and how much is time worth? Just pretend, how much time, in monetary units, do you think you consume applying treatments daily? I'm sure the end number is astronomical on a yearly basis. How bout time spent looking in the mirror worrying about what people would think about your whispy forehead? Trying to conceal... Ching ching ching... And I'm talking getting treatments legitimately by the way.

Money isn't the only thing spent on trying to battle hair loss.

I've saved a lot of it too.

And right under my name it sorta tells you where I live. Glad to know people read before posting.

I'm exempt from the "Read before you Post" clause. Because I'm perfect.

Stingray

Reaction score
And to clarify something.

Hair multiplication isn't a CURE!

It's a transplant. Putting a new heart in someone isn't a cure for heart disease. Not to say that it's not something to look forward to, quite the contrary. I'm anticipating the results with a positive outlook.

When I post here, I'm only going to talk about the drug induced path.

Kisses.

KEVING

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers gentlemen. Im going to the derm today too try and sort the itch. What kind off thiings should i be asking??

Petchsky

Reaction score
Whether he like his *** tickling? Always goes down well as an ice breaker. :hairy:

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
That's great, I don't care how much money you spend. The fact is, normal people won't spend that much on it, since they can get Proscar for cheap, minoxidil for about as much as you described, and a bottle of Nizoral for $15-$20 and will last them many months if used even three times a week.

So sure, some people with either alot of money or are consumed by paranoia will spend as much as you described, but the average cost of proven treatments will not be anywhere near the ridiculous sum that you spent.

KEVING

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok feel like im getting all serious now, it is, but wish it wasn't. Im sure you've alll heard my story many times but ill just run through it again for those that don't know "sorry for everyone thats heard it already", here goes.

I started finasteride in October 04 and it was going well i was using t-gel and nizoral, x2 - 3 times a week and my hair was dense, small spot occur at Telogen Effluvium crown put nothing really noticeable. I couldn't see my scalp under any light. I bought Tricomin Shampoo and Conditioner, which i think helped.

I then was involved in a serious car crash in January where i was in hospital for a month, i had various injuries but the ones that may effect my hair was the blood transfusion.
During this stay in hospital i was on no meds (No finasteride, No nizoral + T-Gel and No Tricomin)

After i came out of hospital i noticed i had a loss in two areas where my hair had went down to a one or so. I jumped back on the finasteride and started using the treatments again.
I noticed that after 2 weeks or so we scalp was really itchy all of the time and was painful when pressed. My scalp feels like its crawling at times and feels static and gives a weird tingly feeling at the bottom of my hair follicles. It has also got a few pimples that are red and have no head. Its also itchist and painful at the areas where theres alot of loss

I thought it was the nizoral but i don't think that now.

I was then advised to try the following and none off them cured the problem

1. Betnavate steriod
2. Tricomin Thearpy Spray
3. Jasons Thin to Thick at nights
4. Alphasol Shampoo
5. Inflamal

I was at the derm last night who couldn't see anything physically wrong with the scalp. He gave me a swab when i can get a pimple, so that he can analyse it. He is also sending me for various blood tests (thyroid etc) too see if this is the problem.
He can't understand the itch or pain but he think s my hair loss is a result from the crash and will grow back by the end of the year.

In conclusion it doesn't explain the itch or pain and im still stuck with it and the sh*t hair, WHAT SHOULD I DO??

Should i try inflamal again to try get rid of the pain or should i shave my head and apply inflamal, folligen cream and moisturiser.

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP HairLossTalk.com its driving me mad!!!

Many thanks