feeilng depressed about it

bobby26

Reaction score
F**k hair loss .. its been making me suicidal...no one in their teens and 20s should suffer from this freakin disease .. .and finasteride which is supposed to halt accelerated my MYB and my crown sucks now ...I worked my *** off to get a good job and earn good money now but nothing is making me happy ... curse my mom for the bad genes ....n dad never stands any thing about losing hair . has a full head in 50s. I never had a good life , no fun in school , no gfs and when finally time comes for me to do something fun ,this disease engulfs my life ..Now I f**king hate my job , where I was made to work like 15 hrs a day last year and gave me a bad Telogen Effluvium . .f**k my boss who is a full head. ..and making jokes about me ...I dont care for money any more .. I will happily give away 10 years of my life for hair , Sorry for the rant and but had get these felling out of my head . . .

parisienne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Bobby26, I'm sorry you have to go through this.
Can I ask you how long you were on finasteride ? You have to give it one year to see if it works, perhaps you're going nuts because of the shedding, but you have to know it's completely normal, even through it feels heart-crushing to loose tons and tons of hair when we desperately want to save what we have. And if you've tried finasteride for longer, don't forget that finasteride is not your only treatment option. You have dutasteride, and RU, minoxidil, perhaps Seti. And better things are coming. You have to hold on !
Concerning your situation at work, how does your boss even dare to treat you like this ? Are you in a situation that give you opportunities to leave your job and find a better one, or even take some time for yourself to feel better ?
And don't say sorry, this is what this forum is made for. Hope you'll be well !

- - - Updated - - -

The plus side is our DHT really helps our Libido. Also, you are in your twenties.

I have a Masters degree, excellent programming skills. Guess what employers say to people over forty?

See you have a long time programming? ** Also I get laughed at. Age discrimination is real.

If you and I go for the same job, same qualifications, I guarantee an employer will pick you. Also, I get the ****ty
jobs nobody wants. That's life. Pays the bill.

****, I thought there were loads of opportunities out there for programmers. Ever thought of going freelance ? From what I read jobs that require top notch programming skills are the best in term of salary.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
F**k hair loss .. its been making me suicidal...no one in their teens and 20s should suffer from this freakin disease .. .and finasteride which is supposed to halt accelerated my MYB and my crown sucks now ...I worked my *** off to get a good job and earn good money now but nothing is making me happy ... curse my mom for the bad genes ....n dad never stands any thing about losing hair . has a full head in 50s. I never had a good life , no fun in school , no gfs and when finally time comes for me to do something fun ,this disease engulfs my life ..Now I f**king hate my job , where I was made to work like 15 hrs a day last year and gave me a bad Telogen Effluvium . .f**k my boss who is a full head. ..and making jokes about me ...I dont care for money any more .. I will happily give away 10 years of my life for hair , Sorry for the rant and but had get these felling out of my head . . .

Have you tried getting in shape and asking women out? You wouldn't know if girls will reject you due to baldness unless you tried. Look around you. Do you see bald people will good looking women? I can tell you that I do. All the time. So give it a shot. You have nothing to lose.

- - - Updated - - -

The plus side is our DHT really helps our Libido. Also, you are in your twenties.

I have a Masters degree, excellent programming skills. Guess what employers say to people over forty?

See you have a long time programming? ** Also I get laughed at. Age discrimination is real.

If you and I go for the same job, same qualifications, I guarantee an employer will pick you. Also, I get the ****ty

This is the first time I am hearing a programmer complaining about lack of job. I am not sure what language do you program in, but unless it is really outdated, you should be getting a lot of job offers. I recently started looking for job so that I can move to Oklahoma City. It's been three weeks and I already have two job offers. I am not happy with salary though so I will probably pass.

bobby26

Reaction score
Hi Bobby26, I'm sorry you have to go through this.
Can I ask you how long you were on finasteride ? You have to give it one year to see if it works, perhaps you're going nuts because of the shedding, but you have to know it's completely normal, even through it feels heart-crushing to loose tons and tons of hair when we desperately want to save what we have. And if you've tried finasteride for longer, don't forget that finasteride is not your only treatment option. You have dutasteride, and RU, minoxidil, perhaps Seti. And better things are coming. You have to hold on !
Concerning your situation at work, how does your boss even dare to treat you like this ? Are you in a situation that give you opportunities to leave your job and find a better one, or even take some time for yourself to feel better ?
And don't say sorry, this is what this forum is made for. Hope you'll be well !

Thanks parisienne .I was on finasteride for just more than a month . I did not get any side effects but my scalp burned like hell , followed by diffuse thinning in those areas and the spot on crown grew bigger .. tried riding it out but could not handle the tingling and itching .. using minoxidil now ...I feel I am below my base line now . I am seriously contemplating quitting my job now and move back with my parents.I feel the stress of the job is only making it worse and the break will atleast help me with my Telogen Effluvium . I was a NW1-2 all the way in graduate school ..its only after I got into this freakin job ,all this started and now a Norwood 2.5 -3.I work as a software developer and I guess there should not be any trouble in finding a new job . I am done with all those deadlines and late nights.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bobby, in my humble opinion you should take a moment for yourself and evaluate your priorities and your professional chances. I understand it mustn't be easy to choose, in KY, in this day and age, but is it possible you can start a plan to change jobs? Learn a new work skill that in the long run can allow you to split with these people?

Hair is important but if you work 15 hours a day it becomes difficult to keep your mental health even if you have a head full of hair...

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel believe me.

What Norwood are you? Are you keeping it short?

If you take finasteride it won't get worse. Especially if you combine it with minoxidil.

parisienne

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks parisienne .I was on finasteride for just more than a month . I did not get any side effects but my scalp burned like hell , followed by diffuse thinning in those areas and the spot on crown grew bigger .. tried riding it out but could not handle the tingling and itching .. using minoxidil now ...I feel I am below my base line now . I am seriously contemplating quitting my job now and move back with my parents.I feel the stress of the job is only making it worse and the break will atleast help me with my Telogen Effluvium . I was a NW1-2 all the way in graduate school ..its only after I got into this freakin job ,all this started and now a Norwood 2.5 -3.I work as a software developer and I guess there should not be any trouble in finding a new job . I am done with all those deadlines and late nights.

Anytime ! Oh, one month only ? Then you do not really know if works for you or not BUT I think the bad scalp sensations are a bad sign. How did your scalp feel before you got on finasteride ?
And about your job, you're the only one able to evaluate your situation but, from the little info I have, I would leave it if I was you. You chose a great, promising career path, and you have parents to help you. Don't force yourself til the burnout !

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are a software developer, it is very easy to find jobs where you wouldn't have to work 15 hours a day. I have worked for four companies now and I never had to work more than 8 hours. All the companies have been pretty relaxed with no deadlines for projects and great manager. In my current job, I only work for 4-5 hours and get a full time salary. When you look for a new job make sure you go on websites like glassdoor and see how people rate the company for work-life balance. Whenever I go to an interview I always try to get a feel for the company to anticipate the possible work-life balance. Also, if possible, try to find a job with large organizations or government jobs. They tend to be a lot more relaxed.

shookwun

Reaction score
Ever consider wearing a hat?

bobby26

Reaction score
I know exactly how you feel believe me.

What Norwood are you? Are you keeping it short?

If you take finasteride it won't get worse. Especially if you combine it with minoxidil.

I am some where between Norwood 2.5 - 3 now and I am not keeping it short .I try to cover my temples combing the hair forward , but with the bald spot growing on the crown I cannot do it without exposing the bald spot and it infact looks worse .. I had a bad reaction to finasteride ,using only minoxidil now .

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately your feelings were very, very similar to mine when I started losing my hair.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ever consider wearing a hat?

Shookwun, what does your signature mean? You have not masterbated to p**rn in 31 days? What does PMO stand for?

cocohot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am some where between Norwood 2.5 - 3 now and I am not keeping it short .I try to cover my temples combing the hair forward , but with the bald spot growing on the crown I cannot do it without exposing the bald spot and it infact looks worse .. I had a bad reaction to finasteride ,using only minoxidil now .

Did you try taking a lower dose of finasteride?

I never took finasteride because I was afraid of the side effects. I'm bald now and it's the single biggest regret of my life. It's the only thing that works. You can ask around the other sections in the forum where people are experts on it but I think taking 25% of the dose is 90% as effective and it has less side effects.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Come now BT I thought you had a musical background?! The acronym PMO is a widely used term among music academia: it literally stands for P.layed M.y O.rgan.
XO
Shookwun, what does your signature mean? You have not masterbated to p**rn in 31 days? What does PMO stand for?

scorpiolove

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey bobby 26, you never mentioned your social Life,also, a young man who works for 15 hours a day should have fun on the weekends, go to bars with patios, strip clubs etc. Live it up while your young.
I remember this one night when I was chillin' with my best friend(I was in my late twenties) and had to go to work the next day, I had new clothes and everything it was "the night" I could of veto-ed my workday, but I didn't, I regret it to this day. It seemed like yesterday the ocurence happened, things change once you age, I'm a bit over 40 and i can't drink like I used to, just about everything in my life is a hustle,the games so old now,you have to approach women like you got nothing to lose,if you were broke you'd be worse off,also, I hoped you decided to move out of your moms and pops place for the sake of getting some.
Just be bald, take your hat off, go to the clubs and see what you can get. Women have various tastes in men,one night you could pick up a six and the other night a nine, it varies from place to place, not all places and women are created equal, hope this helps.

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score

male pattern baldness doesn't mean higher DHT, just a sensitivity to it in our follicles.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
.I was on finasteride for just more than a month . I did not get any side effects but my scalp burned like hell

know dat feel bro

Does your scalp feel better off finasteride?

bobby26

Reaction score
Its a lot better now .. though I get that itch occasionally ,tried finasteride again one day to see if its all in my brain and the scalp itch came back.I am pretty sure its the finasteride .

Ryo1992

Reaction score
I can imagine your pain...

when Baldness or hair problem come to an age so nice like 20....It's one of the worse things in life...

Theodolite

Reaction score
Ah.. It was 5 months ago I realised I am balding very rapidly. And I am just 27. The problem is that my head shape is very thin and oblong and I have quite big ears. My hair covered everything... And I am losing everything very rapidly... It will take maybe another 5 months till I get no top hair if shedding won't stop...

The only compliments I have heard about me is how beautiful my hair is (actually was). And I remember one conversation with one my female friend 6 months ago who said she did not like bald men. I just smiled, I never imagined it will ever happen to me!!

It took about 5 months from normal life till "Damn, I am going bald". I think I am NW3 right now! It is so damn agressive!

It ruined my life totally... I am very depressed right now and I don't know what to do!!

It happened so soon and so quickly! It didn't give me time to adjust mentally... It's totally unfair...