Fast Results so far finasteride+minoxidil+Big 3 Shampoo

tman87

Reaction score
I'm not going to make this post long, Just short and to t he point. I'm still a newbie at this but I think my results so far is kind of a success and want to share to the guys out there thats skeptical or don't think hair re-growth is possible.

I'm 28 years old and I started using Lipogain along with generic finasteride and big 3 shampoo this year on 3/11/15. The finasteride I was only using only .25mg per day because I want to limit the side effects. As I read on some peoples threads they liked to keep their hair low to make sure the get the minoxidil in the scalp. For me it worked better in reverse by letting my hair grow out because for me I felt like I was giving all the new hairs to grow in instead of having to keep cutting it. I wasn't consistent with the routine but I tried to stick to it as much as possible. It's been almost 3 months and I can say that I like the way the progress is going and slowly but surely I believe I'll have my desired hairline if I keep at it.

I've realized and made peace with the fact that I may have to do this for the rest of my life. But I rather do this than look like some of the guys I've graduated high school with. At 28 I still consider myself as being very young and I'm not ready to let go of my youthful appearance and thats including my hairline. Pics below.

First five photos are the before. You can clearly see my temples receding. And the last 3 are the photos I took yesterday. I will keep you guys posted on my progress.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 2,046
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 2,676
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,567
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,691
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,674
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,857
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,762
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,618

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good going. Where are you putting the Minoxidil, just the hairline or all over? Is it liquid and any itching/dandruff? I think you're smart treating it.

tman87

Reaction score
how do you get 0.25mg finasteride? taking a propecia every 4 days?

That was my mistake its .50mg I cut a 1mg pill. But when I started out I did consider it .25 because I was taking .50mg every other day to get my body used to the dosage. I'm using Finpecia btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Good going. Where are you putting the Minoxidil, just the hairline or all over? Is it liquid and any itching/dandruff? I think you're smart treating it.

Hello Wolf Pack, I was using liquid minoxidil by Lipogain. I ran out and started to use the organ foam again recently just to use it up then I may try the kirkland liquid minoxidil because lipogain was expensive. I used it at the temples and the top of my head where I saw thinning. I'm sure I'll have to do this forever.

Aesthetic

Established Member
Reaction score
nice bro, u black u should just use that spray paint and square ur hairline up

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Wolf Pack, I was using liquid minoxidil by Lipogain. I ran out and started to use the organ foam again recently just to use it up then I may try the kirkland liquid minoxidil because lipogain was expensive. I used it at the temples and the top of my head where I saw thinning. I'm sure I'll have to do this forever.

Should do fine on standard minoxidil too. I have to say, I feel you shouldn't have started minoxidil. You did respond well but perhaps finasteride would have dealt with the minor loss you had in a year or so. As you say you'll have to do this forever and long term adherence is vital. Swallowing a pill is much easier. Not the end of the world by any means and either way, your hair loss is forgotten for a good while now.

tman87

Reaction score
nice bro, u black u should just use that spray paint and square ur hairline up

To tell you the truth before I started letting my hair grow out to do my routine, My barber used to used a black dye on my hairline and it looked really good but only lasted a few days because you must wash it. I don't need it now since my hairline is somewhat restored now. I hated getting the dye though because I was afraid to workout because it would fade if I sweated a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Should do fine on standard minoxidil too. I have to say, I feel you shouldn't have started minoxidil. You did respond well but perhaps finasteride would have dealt with the minor loss you had in a year or so. As you say you'll have to do this forever and long term adherence is vital. Swallowing a pill is much easier. Not the end of the world by any means and either way, your hair loss is forgotten for a good while now.

Your probably right. I may have gotten results with just the pills but I didn't want to leave it up to chance of my hairline getting worse. It was very noticeable without black coverup. I'm a actor as well as having a full-time job. My headshot was of a youthful hairline because I had black liner in it, so overtime I went in for auditions I had to make sure to pay my barber a visit to give me a touchup. I eventually learned how to do it myself. I'm 28 but have a really young face. So going for early 20's role with receding temples was no good.. lol. I'll wait for the organ foam to run out and I'll try your advice to see how it goes just taking the pill.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your probably right. I may have gotten results with just the pills but I didn't want to leave it up to chance of my hairline getting worse. It was very noticeable without black coverup. I'm a actor as well as having a full-time job. My headshot was of a youthful hairline because I had black liner in it, so overtime I went in for auditions I had to make sure to pay my barber a visit to give me a touchup. I eventually learned how to do it myself. I'm 28 but have a really young face. So going for early 20's role with receding temples was no good.. lol. I'll wait for the organ foam to run out and I'll try your advice to see how it goes just taking the pill.

I can see why doing any kind of role for tv, you would be conscious of your hair. I am a year older than you and feel the same in terms of maintaining our hair. You don't really want to lose hair in your 20s and 30s. To be honest even 40s. Your hair looks exactly like my mate's, but he has more diffuse loss through out. I have a worse receding hairline that I am currently treating.

Btw the bold bit, your gains are most likely due to the minoxidil foam, so you WILL lose your gains if you quit it. That's not to say Finasteride won't bring them back on its own but it's a risk. I think you should now stick with both the pill and foam. The nizoral shampoo is not too important just so you know.

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
Minor regrowth, major result. Looking very good mate, just stick with the regimen and you'll have this young hairline forever :)

tman87

Reaction score
I can see why doing any kind of role for tv, you would be conscious of your hair. I am a year older than you and feel the same in terms of maintaining our hair. You don't really want to lose hair in your 20s and 30s. To be honest even 40s. Your hair looks exactly like my mate's, but he has more diffuse loss through out. I have a worse receding hairline that I am currently treating.

Btw the bold bit, your gains are most likely due to the minoxidil foam, so you WILL lose your gains if you quit it. That's not to say Finasteride won't bring them back on its own but it's a risk. I think you should now stick with both the pill and foam. The nizoral shampoo is not too important just so you know.

Your right. Even in my 40's I'd still want to keep my hairline. I workout and I'm dark-skinned, so with that I think I'll still look good for me age in my 40's. Are you and your mate doing anything to combat the hair loss. I saw a couple people I went to school with that just cut all their hair off because of balding and to me it just changed their whole appearance and make them look much older. As far as the shampoo, It might dont do much, but if it helps a little and I got to wash my hair anyways then why not right. Plus I got 2 big Nizoral bottles waiting to be used.

- - - Updated - - -

Minor regrowth, major result. Looking very good mate, just stick with the regimen and you'll have this young hairline forever :)

I wouldn't say it's minor regrowth. I was almost completely bald on my right temple. Definitely was the start of a Lebron James hairline..lol.. It was so embarrassing. Even in low light it looked horrible. It looks similar now to how my hairline would look with the black coverup.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your right. Even in my 40's I'd still want to keep my hairline. I workout and I'm dark-skinned, so with that I think I'll still look good for me age in my 40's. Are you and your mate doing anything to combat the hair loss. I saw a couple people I went to school with that just cut all their hair off because of balding and to me it just changed their whole appearance and make them look much older. As far as the shampoo, It might dont do much, but if it helps a little and I got to wash my hair anyways then why not right. Plus I got 2 big Nizoral bottles waiting to be used.

Yes I am on Finasteride for 8 months but will need to start using Minoxidil or a transplant maybe as that's what you usually need in baldish areas.

My friend has exactly hair like you and that type of recession, like the hairline is still there. Although he said it was lower when he was 18. Anyway he is on Rogaine and Dutasteride. dutasteride is a stronger version of finasteride.

Ditto, less hair makes you look older for sure. As an African American you can get away with it a bit more but still, with hair you look better. My friend is into the whole skin fade and medium length on top look. He even said with it more buzzed down now he looks less good.

Lol I got Nizoral too and thinking may as well just use it as it's a shampoo, but I naturally have dry hair so don't want to dry it out any more. Use once/twice a week max.

tman87

Reaction score
Yes I am on Finasteride for 8 months but will need to start using Minoxidil or a transplant maybe as that's what you usually need in baldish areas.

My friend has exactly hair like you and that type of recession, like the hairline is still there. Although he said it was lower when he was 18. Anyway he is on Rogaine and Dutasteride. dutasteride is a stronger version of finasteride.

Ditto, less hair makes you look older for sure. As an African American you can get away with it a bit more but still, with hair you look better. My friend is into the whole skin fade and medium length on top look. He even said with it more buzzed down now he looks less good.

Lol I got Nizoral too and thinking may as well just use it as it's a shampoo, but I naturally have dry hair so don't want to dry it out any more. Use once/twice a week max.

To comba the dry scalp I usually follow up with a conditioner after using Nizoral. Also I always apply moisterizer 20-30 minutes afters applying minoxidil every time. I definitely have less flakes that way.

Bottlecap

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results.

Did you get any side effects from the finasteride?

I think your sorted as long as you carry on your regime. You'll keep a decent hairline for years, and if you do ever lose progress, you can just shave and you'll look cool as F***! (Black people with shaved heads is a style, for other ethnicities it looks ****e)

Also, don't quit minoxidil.

tman87

Reaction score
Great results.

Did you get any side effects from the finasteride?

I think your sorted as long as you carry on your regime. You'll keep a decent hairline for years, and if you do ever lose progress, you can just shave and you'll look cool as F***! (Black people with shaved heads is a style, for other ethnicities it looks ****e)

Also, don't quit minoxidil.

Hi, sorry just seeing your post. I actually didn't get any sides from the finasteride. None that I recognized at least. But I was taking a 1mg splitting it, then only taking half every other day. My dosage was VERY low so it probably wasn't enough in my system to cause sides. I stopped the regimen a few months back. I'm now thinking at the top. So I'll start off with a higher dosage of 1mg every other day, along with lipogain, and the big 3 shampoo.

Ashamin

Reaction score
Good progress. My sides have started to thin out now and when my barber shapes me up it just doesnt look the same.

Im not on anything at the moment but think i will start.

Reaction score

you could still shave more and get the early 20s roles. Great progress so far.