Fanjeera's Story - ( 17-year old balding! Quit BIG 3!)

bunchies

Reaction score
Re: Fanjeera's Story - ( 17-year old balding! Started BIG 3!)

Tyler_Durden said:
Your IQ doesn't 'shrink' either mate. It is funny how much propecia is mentally effecting you. If 1mg of propecia was slipped into your breakfast every morning without you knowing I can assure you, you wouldn't think you had any of these problems.
Things like an eye twitch?! Lol, those sort of things are clearly by products of your anxiety brewed up from all the bad press you have been reading.

QFT

Boondock

Reaction score

Ok, here's the deal.

Propecia can cause side effects. These effects relate to the loss of DHT in your system. It can cause a reduced sex drive, and ability to gain an erection. It can give some males gynecomastia. Finally, some users have reported feeling "brain fogged" on the drug. A minority of users experience these sides, and if they monitor the effects closely enough, and quit after experiencing them, they should be back to normal within a few weeks at most.

Propeciahelp.com, in my view, perhaps does have some legitimate sufferers. You can't predict the reaction to every drug. However, there are a lot of people on there who clearly aren't suffering because of finasteride.

When you believe you've permanently ruined your life through a medication, you experience stress and anxiety. These aren't just mental states, but cause physiological conditions in your body. This affects your ability to get an erection. This gets you more and more stressed. You get depressed. This makes your drive go down even more. You feel even more brain fogged. And the cycle continues.

There is no way finasteride can make your penis shrink, or make your eyelid twitch. These all sound like classic, classic anxiety symptoms. You might think your penis has shrunk, but I'd consider this no more rational than those on here who believe their hair has suddenly receded hugely when, in fact, it's more or less the same.

You're stressed about it and anxious about it. You're reading forums and horror stories and feeling worse. THAT'S what's causing your symptoms, and not the drug.

If you are worried about the sides, just stop the drug and don't take it again. If you're ready to continue, you should at least try it out. It's completely your call, but whatever you do, for God's sake don't get involved in propeciahelp and believe your life is over because of this.

Petchsky

Reaction score

Damn good post Boondock, the power of thought influences the mind, since the body, mind and spirit are all linked.

I've ended up sounding like a new age hippy :whistle:

Boondock

Reaction score

^ I forgot to mention, Fanjeera, propecia can make you turn into a flower power new age devotee. Take more than 2mg, and you'll be burning incense, wearing bandanas, and listening to Beatles records for at least 3 weeks.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

Thanks a lot for your support! This forum's positive attitude is very refreshing, but it's not true that DHT doesn't influence penile growth: my penis actually is smaller and there's nothing to soften this side, because I can feel it all the time. I just hope it will recover. I so hope the mental side effects are just psychological and I will get rid of this damn lifeless feeling in my head. My mind just always drives away from the topic and I can't concentrate. Finding the right words in a conversation is also a big problem.
Oh, the twitching eyelid is now almost gone :).
Tyler_Durden said:
I thought 10 lessons sounded crazy, but 45?! You guys probably don't have learners plates though in saying that. We have L Plates, which you are on the age of 16 to 18 and you can drive with a parent in the car with you, in this stage you are recommended to get up 120 hours of practice but you could do 0 and still go for the test.
Yeah, we can do some kind of pre-licenses here, but it's not usual. Lots of us sit in the driver's seat for the first time in the driving school.

Boondock

Reaction score

DHT influences penis growth in a growing, pre-pubertal body. If you were taking finasteride 10mg from age five to age 18, you might have a smaller penis than otherwise.

As it stands, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Your brain has the capacity for cognitive bias; you might think it looks smaller, but in reality it's probably the same. Just as, some people here really think they have a clear receding hairline, but actually have a Norwood 1.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

My semen amount is still ridiculously low :/. It still makes me worried :(. How long should it take for it to recover?

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score

as soon as your mind stops playing tricks on you everything will return to normal :whistle:

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score

Oh for god's sake just quit already.

What's sad about this story is that you allowed yourself to get mind effed. There are sides with Propecia for some people. You might actually be experiencing some sides right now. But you know what? You cope with them. I had sides (some real and some might have been mental) so I decided to start off on a really low dose and work my way up. Even if you just took 1 mg, after about a month you would stop feeling "weird" I bet. Even if you can't get over the sides, it's most probable that it will come back to normal if you quit. Why don't you try starting off on a low dose? Try starting off on .25 mg cutting the darn pill into quarters. After experiencing all those sides when during my first attempt, I felt ZERO the second attempt when starting out with .25 mg. .25 mg is such a low amount it really can't possibly turn your penis inside out, give you boobs, and make you into a zombie. A low dose would calm your mental sides while also stopping any real sides you might be experiencing.

And Propecia didn't shrink your weiner, your mind did that as well. Propecia being the cause for you penis shrinking is about as dumb as people blaming their frequent masterbating as a child on their hairloss. It's just not true.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

Lol, thanks a lot for the friendly words, but you haven't seen my dick :D. I'm staying on Regaine and Nizoral -- the SMALL 2 for the win!

legion00

Reaction score

do you even understand what these people are telling you? taking finasteride while you're still developing might cause your penis not to grow as much as nature had intended. taking it once you have finished developing would not have an effect on the size. there is physiologically no way inhibiting DHT could actually cause your penis to shrink.

ali777

Reaction score

Fanjeera said:
Lol, thanks a lot for the friendly words, but you haven't seen my dick :D. I'm staying on Regaine and Nizoral -- the SMALL 2 for the win!

Dude, seriously, stop stressing yourself over nothing!!!

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

He's not listening to reason - he's a lost cause.

He'll eventually come back around when he starts losing more hair.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

Thickandthin said:
He's not listening to reason - he's a lost cause.

He'll eventually come back around when he starts losing more hair.
Nah, I'm shaving it.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

I have been on minoxidil for almost 2 years now and have started thinking, it's caused me any side effects. And now, when I look at my face, the black circles under the eyes have really become pretty noticeable. I totally hate my life now, because there's no way to get rid of these kind of physical changes :(. Why did I have to start this medication? And I still have it left so much...

amsch

Reaction score

Fanjeera said:
I have been on minoxidil for almost 2 years now and have started thinking, it's caused me any side effects. And now, when I look at my face, the black circles under the eyes have really become pretty noticeable. I totally hate my life now, because there's no way to get rid of these kind of physical changes :(. Why did I have to start this medication? And I still have it left so much...

Try to get on a proper diet, cardio, proper sleep and a cold shower in the morning. Heard that helps. (really)

Fanjeera

Reaction score

amsch said:
Fanjeera said:

Try to get on a proper diet, cardio, proper sleep and a cold shower in the morning. Heard that helps. (really)
Alright, thanks. I think I'm not up to dropping my whole regimen yet. I'm continuing the Regaine and Nizoral treatmet without Propecia and see what happens to my hair.
Anyone else my age been using minoxidil so long?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

Fanjeera said:
amsch said:
Fanjeera said:

Alright, thanks. I think I'm not up to dropping my whole regimen yet. I'm continuing the Regaine and Nizoral treatmet without Propecia and see what happens to my hair.
Anyone else my age been using minoxidil so long?

Can I see a photo of you and your hairloss?

Fanjeera

Reaction score

Oknow said:
Can I see a photo of you and your hairloss?
You can clearly see how bloated my face and how sagged my eye surroundings are. Minoxidil has definitely left a sign on my face. May these pictures be a warning to all of the hair loss fighters here!
Though, I'm satisfied with Regaine's results on my hair, I'm not happy, because I feel like sh*t mentally, physically and so on (the 9-day finateride usage has a contribution to this probably also).
I'm continuing the regimen anyway, because I see no other way.
-- 2 pics from me, where I'm 15, so you can see the change.

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score

You call those dark cirlces then you shud have seen mine.

Am 28 now, dropped minoxidil after 1 year of use. Took 1month for the bloated face to go, 4 months for dark circles to lighten. They are still there and ironically today I am starting Dr Loren Pickart's copper formula under eyes.

Want to get rid of them forever.

P.S- It does look like you have a bloated face though...