Fanjeera's Story - ( 17-year old balding! Quit BIG 3!)

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Re: A 17-year old balding! Pictures!

And I finally hit 18!!!!
A few pics of my party, where I looked very bad:
Still on Regaine and Nizoral. I'm now preparing to go to the doctor to get a prescription for Propecia. Let's hope it won't turn me into a woman, degenerate my already enough fool brain etc. Wish me luck!

amsch

Reaction score

It's not that bad yet.
Good luck with your treatment!

Why are you naked? :woot:

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score

This is probably the right time to start taking finasteride. You still have lots of hair and 15 years old is too early to start on the drug. Be patient, disciplined and persistent: it will take some time (several months!) before you start seeing any results. Good luck!

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score

Good luck dude! I'm very confident that finasteride won't turn you into a woman. When you go to the doctor specifically ask for a cheaper form of finasteride, like Proscar or a cheaper generic. He/she might not even know what you're talking about (like what happened to me) and just prescribe you Propecia, but it's worth it.

If you're having trouble with sides, you could do something like I did, which was cutting the 1 mg Propecia pill into smaller doses and increase the dose every month. Anyway, good luck!!

Fanjeera

Reaction score

Just in case, I'm starting with a 0.25 mg dose only, so I'll have to take Propecia: the 5 mg Proscar pill can't be split that much. I can try dissolving it though. Thanks for giving me hope!

amsch

Reaction score

Fanjeera said:
Just in case, I'm starting with a 0.25 mg dose only, so I'll have to take Propecia: the 5 mg Proscar pill can't be split that much. I can try dissolving it though. Thanks for giving me hope!

Hm, I'd try Finpecia (1mg) instead and cutting it into 4ths.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

amsch said:
Fanjeera said:

Hm, I'd try Finpecia (1mg) instead and cutting it into 4ths.
We don't have this drug here :(.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

Let some photoshop be done. What do you think of THIS:

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score

Dude just try the finasteride. Really its worth it. Go to the doctor and get your prescription and start right away. I can't comment on that photoshop pic because I think you'll look a lot different shaved then that picture suggests. I don't think you need to go the shaved head route yet, but I do think you might want to get on finasteride soon. You'll be fine. Like I said, if you are afriad of sides you can cut the finasteride into a low dosage and start from there.

Keep your head up, and remember to take pics.

cuebald

Reaction score

It seems a lot of people from Sweden and Norway go bald quite young.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

I'm not from Sweden or Norway; I'm from Estonia.

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score

your hairloss seems very aggressive.. you're only 17...
not to discourage you but shave your head and go completely bald is another option.
i'm 25 and fortunate enough to have more hair than you at this point of my life, but honestly, if my hairline gets where you are at age of 17, i would just shave my head and get it over with.
just my opinion. whatever you do, good luck and keep ya head up.

M

macimate

templemonk said:
your hairloss seems very aggressive.. you're only 17...
not to discourage you but shave your head and go completely bald is another option.
i'm 25 and fortunate enough to have more hair than you at this point of my life, but honestly, if my hairline gets where you are at age of 17, i would just shave my head and get it over with.
just my opinion. whatever you do, good luck and keep ya head up.

Most discouraging post i ever read.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

Do you think minoxidil may be causing my skin to age faster?
Thanks!

Read some discouraging permanent side effects threads again. They say minoxidil and finasteride cause permanent wrinkles and aging in the face. I don't want that... I have been using minoxidil for almost 2 years now -- you can imagine what a change it may have made to my face already.

Some pics of me:

What do you think? I feel I have a serious panda eyes effect. Could it be reversed? Don't want to look old as a teenager... What should I do?

Mr Norwoods

Reaction score
Re: Fanjeera's Story - ( 17-year old balding! Pictures!)

You look your age, dude. I don't see the panda eyes you're talking about.

s.a.f

Reaction score

Fanjeera said:
Don't want to look old as a teenager... What should I do?
Stop being paranoid. :whistle:

Boondock

Reaction score

I honestly don't think you have a problem with your skin quality. Even if you did, you'd need to make a judgement as to whether preserving it was worth the loss of your hair.

queen29

Reaction score

HI I'm Katie and i have spots and i have no hair in the back of my head so im upset about that