Facing The Harsh Reality Of The Cure

shookwun

Reaction score
I know cars are nice and all but come on dudes and dudedettes, what about the house wife and kids, lol.
Imagine your and old guy, gal, and your couch surfing because moms, pops kicked you out of the house.
I know a person like this and he's trash,utter complete trash. The only thing he does is play guitar and couch surf looking for a free ride in life from women, he's so fecking stupid,he's 30 plus years in the game with nothing to show except grey hairs, makes me feel like bugs bunny lol nahhhhhhhhh what's up Todd?
Should of chose a better career path.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Umm yeah.

Technically anyone paying for a transplant with a loan cannot afford it. How can you afford something with no principle funding.

I paid for my last tranplant upfront. Close to 5000 CAD with accomadations, flight, and food.

People with ton of toys, loans, debt and less then 5,000 in there bank account are poor. The guy who drives a beater, paid off and has 50,000 is far better off. Ballers on a budget

I'm giving advice for dudes like myself who don't have the money up front but want to improve their quality of life asap

Being in debt is never ideal

That being said, 10kish should be a manageable amount for a young man with decent income if he straightens out his priorities and cuts out the "toys" he doesn't need. May as well build credit by investing in emotional health

If a hair transplant is the only debt you have, you're already miles ahead of millions of others

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone please explain how these treatments can even be called the cure? I thought the cure means a treatment that eliminates the root cause of the problem and therefore ensures that the problem does not come back?

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its not 10k though for a full hea dof hair for your life. Its 10k for crapoy density that always eventually falls out again. Its a myth that transplanted hair stays put. Some stays yes but eventually thins out again. Inagine taking loan to pay for it and yrs later ur still paying for it but lukin in mirror at crap see through hair. Ud be gutted. Back to original point though.. Cures in pipeline i dint believe are really cures nor will they be cheap.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
a pill that magically made all the hairs grow again would be the best cure

I think the best cure and most realistic one Would be a finasteride type pill where it literally just stopped balding completely

Its 10k for crapoy density that always eventually falls out again. Its a myth that transplanted hair stays put.

OzvxExc.gif

I dont know alot about the cures in the pipeline

no, really?

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you think women are the only reason people want hair? Have you ever given a thought to the possibility that some people may also want hair because they don't like what they see in the mirror and just want to feel as good about themselves as they did before baldness struck them? I am one of those people.

Good to hear that you're doin' it for yourself, pj.

Cuz unless you got serious dough, or some serious fame, people will view you as just another old guy who happens to have more hair than most other old guys...

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well argued. I stand corrected. I'll hold off on the transplant since it falls out anyway and wait for your magic beans that regrow hair.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dont know why you think thats stupid. All im saying is something along those lines would be a much more affordable 'cure' rather than likes of hm which would require implantation at a big price.

Afterall at the moment we all do pop a magic bean everyday called finasteride and its best we have so far ;)

Ive used finasteride for ten years. Yes its no cure but if they managed to find another pill that literally stopped the balding process in its tracks then it would be a viable affordable solution.

Anyways my original point was merely that the 'cures' in the pipeline may be out of reach for many. And somewhat of a bitter sweet reality

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not such a bad thing. I will revel in that feeling.
I will be that guy who always had shitty hair, and at 100 he took final revenge on his trichological bad luck.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only two biotechs working on a cure are Replicel and Riken. Replicel has already stated that it's treatment will be competitively priced so it shouldnt cost more than a hair transplant... and by that, they probably DONT mean Dr. Rahal prices either. I think we'll be fine.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will be that guy who always had shitty hair, and at 100 he took final revenge on his trichological bad luck.

By that point, there may be a new, young body in a tube waiting for your consciousness to be transferred into it

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only two biotechs working on a cure are Replicel and Riken. Replicel has already stated that it's treatment will be competitively priced so it shouldnt cost more than a hair transplant... and by that, they probably DONT mean Dr. Rahal prices either. I think we'll be fine.

Hasn't the knowledge around dscc been open knowledge for some time?

I may be wrong to say this, but I don't really rate Dr. Hoffman. I don't see him as a visionary to take this treatment where it needs to go. In interviews he seems to dither and sound a bit confused about the subject he is meant to be an expert in.

Dr. Colin Jahoda and Shiseido were also conducting research on derma sheath cells in the 00s.

Now look at all these hair related patents and research conducted by Jiro Kishimoto (Shiseido) and financed by SHISEIDO. They go as far back as 2005:

http://patents.justia.com/inventor/jiro-kishimoto

So, could it be that Replicel simply got in there very early, filing tonnes of patents/rights to this type of technology and then sat on it, waiting for the highest bidder to come knocking?

That would explain why barely any progress was made between 2003 when McEwlee's paper was published and the 2013 deal with Shiseido.

Shiseido came along and paid Replicel off, maybe without really needing much educating on the technology, but requiring full rights to use it.

Last edited:

shookwun

Reaction score
Its not 10k though for a full hea dof hair for your life. Its 10k for crapoy density that always eventually falls out again. Its a myth that transplanted hair stays put. Some stays yes but eventually thins out again. Inagine taking loan to pay for it and yrs later ur still paying for it but lukin in mirror at crap see through hair. Ud be gutted. Back to original point though.. Cures in pipeline i dint believe are really cures nor will they be cheap.
Get yourself toupee then?

I am so glad I had a hair transplant. I am thinking about having another to give me the final nail in the coffin. A boat load of density all over.

Once you have hair, you want more.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am so glad I had a hair transplant. I am thinking about having another to give me the final nail in the coffin. A boat load of density all over.

I'm no expert here but if there's one thing I have learned from reading other people's opinions on regaining hair through treatments or a hair transplant, and what I consider the general ethos of the idea, pacing yourself is the key idea.

So what I'm saying is, and I don't know if your hair transplant is recent, but if you can get by with what you have now (and if it's enough to not be considered "bald", which is the main identity changer we all want to escape) maybe hold off and see how things go, for some reason I think you're about mid 20's or maybe younger, give it some time to pack the density.

You don't want to use up all of your options and be left with a poor donor area in case things head south, and in your early 30's you end up with nothing but treatments as a solution.

But yeah, once you get some hair you just want more. I've had some good results from treatments, my previously almost "island" fringe has improved and spread towards my temples, but the last 2 months there's not much happening and the density hasn't really improved at all since I started on finasteride a year ago. Gaining some noticeable hair and then seeing the process slow down, it makes me want to do something drastic, but I'll give it another 6 months at least, and also hope that I at least maintain what I have, and then make a decision when it comes to density.

I know a hair transplant is inevitable and I've taken this into consideration monetarily, I'm 29 now and want to hold off as much as possible for when it comes to it. But to each their own.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone please explain how these treatments can even be called the cure? I thought the cure means a treatment that eliminates the root cause of the problem and therefore ensures that the problem does not come back?

A cure, as a noun or verb, literally means to relieve the symptoms of a malady or disease.

So yes, if something like Tsuji's method works, it meets the literal definition of "cure".

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score

The root cause of the problem is the susceptibility of significant percentage of hair on our head to certain hormones. Short of total genetic modification, it's almost impossible to cure Androgenetic Alopecia. Total genetic modification may be possible in future however, I doubt any living person will want his/her genes to be modified. But there are hair on our head that are completely immune to hormone attack. If they can be multiplied and transplanted to bald areas, that would constitute a functional cure. Or if they can find a way that can make existing vulnerable hair impervious to all hormone attacks. That will also be a cure for those who still have enough hair.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes they last in general but for alot of guys ive noticed they still eventually seem to thin away like joe rogan or rooney. Anyways.. Their only really solution for thick haired guys. Itherwise they look crap imo

shookwun

Reaction score
I'm no expert here but if there's one thing I have learned from reading other people's opinions on regaining hair through treatments or a hair transplant, and what I consider the general ethos of the idea, pacing yourself is the key idea.

So what I'm saying is, and I don't know if your hair transplant is recent, but if you can get by with what you have now (and if it's enough to not be considered "bald", which is the main identity changer we all want to escape) maybe hold off and see how things go, for some reason I think you're about mid 20's or maybe younger, give it some time to pack the density.

You don't want to use up all of your options and be left with a poor donor area in case things head south, and in your early 30's you end up with nothing but treatments as a solution.

But yeah, once you get some hair you just want more. I've had some good results from treatments, my previously almost "island" fringe has improved and spread towards my temples, but the last 2 months there's not much happening and the density hasn't really improved at all since I started on finasteride a year ago. Gaining some noticeable hair and then seeing the process slow down, it makes me want to do something drastic, but I'll give it another 6 months at least, and also hope that I at least maintain what I have, and then make a decision when it comes to density.

I know a hair transplant is inevitable and I've taken this into consideration monetarily, I'm 29 now and want to hold off as much as possible for when it comes to it. But to each their own.
Once you restore yourself to normality it seems natural to only want more. I find as humans we are content and are always in search of something better if it's at reach.

My first procedure involved translating my entire third to restore me to looking normal. The second one involved more angle closure at the temples and construction of temple points. I am very happy with the result and where I came from, as far as design and the result I achieved. Now it's at the point where I jus want mote density, everything else is on point.

What you say is true. A transplant is no easy surgery. It involved lots of patience, and the ability to ride througg yur emotions as you reach different stages of recovery. Its the hardest surgery to go through with because it's so taxing on yoy mentaly and physically. The first surgery for most will be very difficult. A lot of sacrafice will be made

I'm at point where I can wait and probably will. I would like to have the surgery by 30, but might very well stretch it out a bit more.

The investment is well worth it. A toupee is not a viable solution unless you're over nw5 and bald