Facing The Harsh Reality Of The Cure

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Theres a lot of talk by guys on here about the cure and hopes for next five years. It got me thinking..

The vast majority of the world doesnt care about baldness. Women, guys with gair etc etc. The research into it isnt massive and the companies doing it are looking a payday and not a noble science prize in my opinion.

We have transplants which will put you back 5-10k for 3000 measely grafts. Alot of guys on here cant afford it plain and simple.

This gets me to my point. If a cure does come out either that involves many sessions of implantation or injections or what ever... Then its going to be massive money. They will not have doctors doing this work on cheap nor will they sell their cure cheao after all the investment.

Is the reality of a cure that it will be a pleasure reserved only for the rich??i for one exoect that it will be. Well at least for the first 20yrs of its being.

Its a bit like laser eye surgery. It use to be mega bucks but now is more affordable.

I just think alot of guys here especially young ones have false hopes that if/when replicel or whoever cures this that we all can just go down to our local surgeon and get it done.

I unfortunately believe 'the cure' may not just be as accessible as it may seem. Sorry for bringing mood down but thought was wirth discussing.

Whats your thoughts ???

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Histogen and Replicel have already stated it will be competitive with a hair transplant cost (2k-5k) most probably.

Tsuji (a true cure in theory) may be another matter.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
If a cure arrives, I will be ecstatic no matter how expensive it is. Even if it is ridiculously expensive, the price will go down in future. I am one of those guys who want be a NW1 all my life. I am 34 right now and if a cure arrives today and is ridiculously expensive, I will know that in twenty or so years the cost will likely go down so I will probably be a NW1 when I am 55. That's a really great scenario. But in absence of any cure, all I see is hopelessness.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Theres a lot of talk by guys on here about the cure and hopes for next five years. It got me thinking..

The vast majority of the world doesnt care about baldness. Women, guys with gair etc etc. The research into it isnt massive and the companies doing it are looking a payday and not a noble science prize in my opinion.

We have transplants which will put you back 5-10k for 3000 measely grafts. Alot of guys on here cant afford it plain and simple.

This gets me to my point. If a cure does come out either that involves many sessions of implantation or injections or what ever... Then its going to be massive money. They will not have doctors doing this work on cheap nor will they sell their cure cheao after all the investment.

Is the reality of a cure that it will be a pleasure reserved only for the rich??i for one exoect that it will be. Well at least for the first 20yrs of its being.

Its a bit like laser eye surgery. It use to be mega bucks but now is more affordable.

I just think alot of guys here especially young ones have false hopes that if/when replicel or whoever cures this that we all can just go down to our local surgeon and get it done.

I unfortunately believe 'the cure' may not just be as accessible as it may seem. Sorry for bringing mood down but thought was wirth discussing.

Whats your thoughts ???

You're correct. It is false hope. Not within the next 10 years

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If the cure was in terms of creating dupilcate hairs to implant a nw1 would cost a hell of alot. A nirmal gt is crap density and still costs a bomb. I genuinely believe any cure would be priced 20k plus. Out of reach for alot of people

jd_uk

Reaction score
If the cure was in terms of creating dupilcate hairs to implant a nw1 would cost a hell of alot. A nirmal gt is crap density and still costs a bomb. I genuinely believe any cure would be priced 20k plus. Out of reach for alot of people

The most realistic hope of a 'cure' comes in the form of a topical or injection which works in a non hormonal way and doesn't affect internal body chemistry. It would still take many years to be approved and marketed.

Hair cloning and transplant would be unbelievably expensive IF it becomes available. Human trials haven't eveb begun it seems.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
injection which works in a non hormonal way
if only there were two separate companies producing such treatments already and moving into phase 2 & 3 trials...
and doesn't affect internal body chemistry.
yeah it's called a hair transplant. otherwise good luck curing a genetic/biological disease without touching your biochemistry
It would still take many years to be approved and marketed.
have you even looked at how drug approval works in non-US/EU countries?
Hair cloning and transplant would be unbelievably expensive
any factual basis for this statement?

jd_uk

Reaction score
if only there were two separate companies producing such treatments already and moving into phase 2 & 3 trials...

yeah it's called a hair transplant. otherwise good luck curing a genetic/biological disease without touching your biochemistry

have you even looked at how drug approval works in non-US/EU countries?

any factual basis for this statement?

I live in an EU country (for now). I don't think the drug approval process is a quick one. If i'm wrong on that then inform me. Those topicals/injections ... Great, if they are showing promise. But I think there would be a great deal more excitement than there is if they were anywhere near a cure and again, even if the trials are successful, bringing them to market isn't going to happen overnight.

The cloning/hair transplant just will be very expensive. Think about it. Think of how expensive hair transplant's already are. Then think about the costs, time and resources to surgeries to be able to provide cloning technology to patients. And again this is all hypothetical. No human trials conducted yet. I wish I thought different but I think that we're way off.

Last edited:

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Agreed its rational that if a normal hair transplant of 3000 grafts is big money then a full head of them with hair cloning would be way more. No idea how manyhairs would need implanted for a full nw1 but it would be alot!!

Injections or a pill that magically made all the hairs grow again would be the best cure as they couldnt logically make it that expensive as its only a pill. But who knows.

I dont know alot about the cures in the pipeline i just have a bad feeling they will be out of reach for the normal guy. I know alot of guys say theyd pay whatever price but in reality thats rubbish. If cure was 50k noone would put themselves in that debt for hair nor would they pribably get accepted for the credit. Lol

I think the best cure and most realistic one Would be a finasteride type pill where it literally just stopped balding completely if taken everyday. A 100% effective finasteride if you like. That way once a young giy noticed a little recession or thinning in his teens he could start it and be done with it all

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is a transplant really that unaffordable for most people?

People of low-middle class income take out MASSIVE loans that far exceed the price of transplants to purchase cars of a quality they don't even need.

Just buy a car off craigslist and take out a 10k loan for a transplant

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
$10K isn't even chump change. Some of you guys better start making some real dough before it's too late...

If a cure arrives, I will be ecstatic no matter how expensive it is. Even if it is ridiculously expensive, the price will go down in future. I am one of those guys who want be a NW1 all my life. I am 34 right now and if a cure arrives today and is ridiculously expensive, I will know that in twenty or so years the cost will likely go down so I will probably be a NW1 when I am 55. That's a really great scenario. But in absence of any cure, all I see is hopelessness.

Do you see yourself chasing around 20-year-old hotties when you're that age, pj?

Saurabhaj

Reaction score

Whaaaat :0...You want hair in 55 too :0

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well so far we haven't seen even ONE picture showing proof of definite regrowth. All we have is the same old waffle.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alot of guys in here talk bs about money they have for hair transplant lol

It's not even about having the money. A credit score that's not terrible and reshuffling of priorities can do a lot

I've seen dudes making less than me(and trust me, I've never made a lot of money) living way outside their means as if it's mandatory

For a lot of dudes it could be as simple as: sell the 30k+ car you're making ridiculous monthly payments on. Buy a car on craigslist for <5k (this is all you need unless you're making regular cross country drives or something), and take out a 5-10k loan for a transplant if you still don't have the cash on hand

I can only smh when I think of one friend I had. Dude had a HEAVILY receding hairline, and he was CONSTANTLY mocked for it. We had the same job, so similar paychecks. Dude bought a brand new dodge challenger. One time the subject of hair transplants came up, and he said, "those are expensive." Meanwhile he's spending a significant portion of his paycheck every month on a possession that's likely going to feel dull within about 6 months.

I'll more than happily pay a fraction of what he was paying for a full head of hair

Last edited:

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you see yourself chasing around 20-year-old hotties when you're that age, pj?

Do you think women are the only reason people want hair? Have you ever given a thought to the possibility that some people may also want hair because they don't like what they see in the mirror and just want to feel as good about themselves as they did before baldness struck them? I am one of those people.

Last edited:

shookwun

Reaction score
Is a transplant really that unaffordable for most people?

People of low-middle class income take out MASSIVE loans that far exceed the price of transplants to purchase cars of a quality they don't even need.

Just buy a car off craigslist and take out a 10k loan for a transplant
Umm yeah.

Technically anyone paying for a transplant with a loan cannot afford it. How can you afford something with no principle funding.

I paid for my last tranplant upfront. Close to 5000 CAD with accomadations, flight, and food.

People with ton of toys, loans, debt and less then 5,000 in there bank account are poor. The guy who drives a beater, paid off and has 50,000 is far better off. Ballers on a budget

Last edited:

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Umm yeah.

Technically anyone paying for a transplant with a loan cannot afford it. How can you afford something with no principle funding.

I paid for my last tranplant upfront. Close to 5000 CAD with accomadations, flight, and food.

People with ton of toys, loans, debt and less then 5,000 in there bank account are poor. The guy who drives a beater, paid off and has 50,000 is far better off. Ballers on a budget

In India,one company named Bajaj Allianz have started financing hair transplant and Teeth braces.
Zero Interest EMI.
I think their is some rule to avoid financing risky operations by such companies.
Still this company Initiated the First step to make this possible.

scorpiolove

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know cars are nice and all but come on dudes and dudedettes, what about the house wife and kids, lol.
Imagine your and old guy, gal, and your couch surfing because moms, pops kicked you out of the house.
I know a person like this and he's trash,utter complete trash. The only thing he does is play guitar and couch surf looking for a free ride in life from women, he's so fecking stupid,he's 30 plus years in the game with nothing to show except grey hairs, makes me feel like bugs bunny lol nahhhhhhhhh what's up Todd?