Facial Plastic Surgery All-in-one Mega Thread

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your opinion on facial plastic surgery?
What would you have done in your face to improve your appearance and improve the bald look?
Do you know of any reputable doctors in Europe/NA/Asia and if yes, name them?

Objectively speaking, a man will suffer little to nothing from hair loss if his frame and facial characteristics are as they should be.

Square jaw, square, decent chin, long cheekbones, straight nose, normal sized nostrils, thick straight eyebrows, no corrugator bulge muscles, little to no forehead wrinkles, tucked ears, small earlobe.

Next comes no moles or discoloration (very important) anywhere in the face or scalp, no or little scarring (can be corrected nowadays), no shagginess especially in the cheeks.

Head size doesn’t really matter and can be combated easily with a thicker neck (if done right to prevent breathing issues) and broader shoulders. 95% of people won’t have a head size issue.

To finish it, beard seals the deal. Not those thick ones but a very thin shadow that elevates your jawline. Women love that, they hate anything longer than that.

Plastic surgery includes nose job, mandibular implants, chin implants, cheekbone implants, Botox, eyebrow and beard transplants, eyebrow and beard permanent regrowth with 1-2 years of minoxidil usage, injections instead of implants, etc.

Last but not least, one can correct his bite, teeth with braces and extenders, gum contouring, teeth whitening, dental veneers.

Share your thoughts and experiences. Since we can’t really fight baldness, let’s see if we can “correct” the rest of our frame.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just my 2cents but personally i'd stay away from anything involving invasive surgery - depends on what you wanna achieve really.

Skin - if you wanna fix tone, discolouration etc then tretinoin is the best option along with vit c serum. Tretinoin is the most powerful antiaging product you can use, most people dont stick with it because there is a period at the beginning where you look worse that when you started until your skin adjusts to it. Diet also plays a massive role. My skin changed completely after changing to a plant based diet. There are some good options when it comes to lasers aswell but make sure you go to someone decent, do research. realself is an awesome website so compare laser results (and other procedures)

Wrinkles - Botox is awesome, ive used it for 8 years around my eyes as a preventative. I only get 4 units per eye which in total costs me about NZD160 - 180 - usually get every 6 months, stick to the normal stuff, avoid dysport, it ends up costing more and requiring more and in my experience is no better, I dont have any lines whatso ever round my eyes even when I smile, its doesnt look fake either if you dont go overboard. Ive had my forehead done twice, I only have very faint lines on my forehead so its not something id bother with again, it does work, but if you use too much you get the glass effect and it looks fake, also if you do both eyes and forehead it make you look quite plastic - its natural to have expression lines. It also slightly lowers your eyebrows so not something to use if you happen to have hooded eyes. I dont, but a friend of mine does and it made hers worse.

Face definition - if you are wanting to change certain features of your face then try fillers. I had 4ml restylane in my tear troughs and I wouldnt recommend it, sh*t product IMO, so glad it doesnt usually last more than 6 months. But I had 3ml of voluma done in february this year and its amazing stuff. I had 1.5ml in each side in my cheeks to counteract natural volume loss, I already look alot younger than my age but it litterally took years off my face. I get mistaken for mid twenties and im almost mid thirties. Fillers are also a good way to guage if you want something permanent done. Its better to be safe than sorry, use filler in the areas you want to define, if you like how it looks then wait til it disolves and get surgery if you desire to make it permanent.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it acceptable/practicable for me to dye my eyebrows? I've been applying minoxidil for over 6 months and it's made no difference.

But if I died them a little darker it would make a huge difference, it's just that everyone will know unless I do it very carefully, and it requires me to re do it every few weeks.

I have hair there, the issue is half of it is colorless, so I kind of have half of an eyebrow. I genuinely look way better when I darken my eyebrows.

I just wonder if I could do it carefully enough that people don't notice. Like slowly dye them darker and darker.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it acceptable/practicable for me to dye my eyebrows? I've been applying minoxidil for over 6 months and it's made no difference.

But if I died them a little darker it would make a huge difference, it's just that everyone will know unless I do it very carefully, and it requires me to re do it every few weeks.

I have hair there, the issue is half of it is colorless, so I kind of have half of an eyebrow. I genuinely look way better when I darken my eyebrows.

I just wonder if I could do it carefully enough that people don't notice. Like slowly dye them darker and darker.

Go for it, I dye my beard once a week (so frequently because I keep it really short), I have some ginge tinge to it if I dont. Just dont buy supermarket dyes, go buy something like Koleston Perfect and buy peroxide and mix it yourself - get a very light tone - 77/0 is a good one to start with. 77/0 is light blonde, but it doesnt make you blonde as one might expect, it will just darken what you already have. Leave it on for 5mins at the beginning and if thats not dark enough then increase to 10mins. Using the pro stuff means you dont have to use the whole bottle in one go and you always get the colour that you want.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go for it, I dye my beard once a week (so frequently because I keep it really short), I have some ginge tinge to it if I dont. Just dont buy supermarket dyes, go buy something like Koleston Perfect and buy peroxide and mix it yourself - get a very light tone - 77/0 is a good one to start with. 77/0 is light blonde, but it doesnt make you blonde as one might expect, it will just darken what you already have. Leave it on for 5mins at the beginning and if thats not dark enough then increase to 10mins. Using the pro stuff means you dont have to use the whole bottle in one go and you always get the colour that you want.

Cool thanks for the info. I really think I might start doing this. I also have a tinge of ginge on my beard, might try get rid of that as well.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool thanks for the info. I really think I might start doing this. I also have a tinge of ginge on my beard, might try get rid of that as well.
Just dont leave it on too long! I didnt expect it do much of a change with it being light blonde, but if you leave it on too long it will make your hair/eyebrows real dark and look unnatural. Mix 50/50.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just dont leave it on too long! I didnt expect it do much of a change with it being light blonde, but if you leave it on too long it will make your hair/eyebrows real dark and look unnatural. Mix 50/50.

Yeah I'm going to start very very slowly. I'd hate to f*** up.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just my 2cents but personally i'd stay away from anything involving invasive surgery - depends on what you wanna achieve really.

Skin - if you wanna fix tone, discolouration etc then tretinoin is the best option along with vit c serum. Tretinoin is the most powerful antiaging product you can use, most people dont stick with it because there is a period at the beginning where you look worse that when you started until your skin adjusts to it. Diet also plays a massive role. My skin changed completely after changing to a plant based diet. There are some good options when it comes to lasers aswell but make sure you go to someone decent, do research. realself is an awesome website so compare laser results (and other procedures)

Wrinkles - Botox is awesome, ive used it for 8 years around my eyes as a preventative. I only get 4 units per eye which in total costs me about NZD160 - 180 - usually get every 6 months, stick to the normal stuff, avoid dysport, it ends up costing more and requiring more and in my experience is no better, I dont have any lines whatso ever round my eyes even when I smile, its doesnt look fake either if you dont go overboard. Ive had my forehead done twice, I only have very faint lines on my forehead so its not something id bother with again, it does work, but if you use too much you get the glass effect and it looks fake, also if you do both eyes and forehead it make you look quite plastic - its natural to have expression lines. It also slightly lowers your eyebrows so not something to use if you happen to have hooded eyes. I dont, but a friend of mine does and it made hers worse.

Face definition - if you are wanting to change certain features of your face then try fillers. I had 4ml restylane in my tear troughs and I wouldnt recommend it, sh*t product IMO, so glad it doesnt usually last more than 6 months. But I had 3ml of voluma done in february this year and its amazing stuff. I had 1.5ml in each side in my cheeks to counteract natural volume loss, I already look alot younger than my age but it litterally took years off my face. I get mistaken for mid twenties and im almost mid thirties. Fillers are also a good way to guage if you want something permanent done. Its better to be safe than sorry, use filler in the areas you want to define, if you like how it looks then wait til it disolves and get surgery if you desire to make it permanent.

Interesting post. Isn’t fillers going to f*** up your skin tho in time? Cause there is this fill-empty process, first you fill them up, then they empty. I thought of cheekbone implants, custom ones, silicone I guess. Same for mandibles. But I have yet to find a proper doctor for it and the procedures are complicated, one error can mess you up. I’ve seen fillers on mandibles and I hated them, they look fake as hell. What about bears growth? Minoxidil just wrinkles my face instantly and I don’t want that. Is there another approach like Castor oil + dermaroller? About the eyebrows any recommendations for topical products to thicken them? Any recommendations for products to keep cheeks fuller and up? I’ve seen this sort of band that Asian women use to narrow their face and one type of it was for the cheek area. Wear it when you sleep, rises cheeks up and slowly fixes shagginess. I found a page with amazing jaw exercises too but I’ve always thought this stuff can’t make a difference if you lean more towards an oval face. I very much look forward to your response.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting post. Isn’t fillers going to f*** up your skin tho in time? Cause there is this fill-empty process, first you fill them up, then they empty. I thought of cheekbone implants, custom ones, silicone I guess. Same for mandibles. But I have yet to find a proper doctor for it and the procedures are complicated, one error can mess you up. I’ve seen fillers on mandibles and I hated them, they look fake as hell. What about bears growth? Minoxidil just wrinkles my face instantly and I don’t want that. Is there another approach like Castor oil + dermaroller? About the eyebrows any recommendations for topical products to thicken them? Any recommendations for products to keep cheeks fuller and up? I’ve seen this sort of band that Asian women use to narrow their face and one type of it was for the cheek area. Wear it when you sleep, rises cheeks up and slowly fixes shagginess. I found a page with amazing jaw exercises too but I’ve always thought this stuff can’t make a difference if you lean more towards an oval face. I very much look forward to your response.

For me personally, I dont think filler will screw up my skin because im only replacing lost volume. I was already pretty happy with my face and I only replaced volume that was lost due to natural aging. I will continue to get 1ml a year top up to keep things at the level they are at now. Voluma lasts up to 2 years, so only minimal topups are required to keep the same look. I had mine placed in the zygomatic space directly on the bone. The only way it would potentially screw up your face is if you go overboard and get that whole 'bloated' look and inflate your face more than it already was naturally - look at Simon Cowell for instance - hes overdone it and it looks fake. If you dont go overboard noone will notice at all (in the respect of knowing you've had it done). Cheek implants are more likely to stretch the skin than filler, but moreso if you end up having them removed at a later date.
The best possible video I could recommend to watch would be this one
it has some great examples at the end, including a male.

Ive got no idea about a minoxidil alternative, for me it hasnt effected my skin at all. I know its been said to effect collagen synthesis but its not like you are applying it to your face so personally im quite skeptical about it effecting facial skin, and Im a NW2 so I only use 1ml in my crown and .25ml each temple - personally I wouldnt use it for beard growth if thats what you are refering to, thats probably an instance which it would effect your face. Since I use tretinoin for anti-aging it also increases the penetration of minoxidil so thats why I only use it once a day. Ive been using minoxidil for over a year. I have made a custom DHT blocker topical using Pumpkin seed oil, Salflower oil, Castor oil, Amla and pure ethanol for penetration. I dont know if it works or not but based on my research all have been studied when it comes to hairloss and DHT so Im just using it for the sake of it. I microneedle but only my temples, once a week at 1.5mm and apply lithium chloride straight afterwards.

You cant really make your cheeks fuller unless you put on weight, or you get filler or implants. Cheeks start to sag due to volume loss and the slowing down of collagen and elastin production as you age. Dont be fooled by facial exercises - especially all those videos you will find on youtube. It really is pure bullshit, theres no scientific evidence to say it works and I have never seen a before and after that hasnt been photoshopped. If you want to improve sagging skin in the cheapest way then start on tretinoin and vit c. I put more detailed info on it here:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...for-a-more-youthful-skin.104575/#post-1465895
I also included how to make your own Vit C serum but I cant find my post on it. But overall, and you will have heard this before - sunscreen, everyday, it really does slow aging, and if you search pubmed you will even find a study that using sunscreen actually reverses some skin damage - I think this is due to your skin being able to recover more since it isnt continuously being damaged from the sun - I cant remember the exact study details tho it was ages ago I researched that stuff. Another thing to add to your diet is tomato paste - Its the best source of Lycopene you can get which dramatically effects skin health. I have 100gm a day, but you have to eat it with some fat (I usually have half an advocado with it or some pistacio nuts) as lycopene is fat soluable so you can only absorb it if you eat fat with it. It also builds up in the skin and provides a natural sunscreen effect - I think its like SPF5 or something - so nothing major but its still worth having IMO since it only costs $2 for a weeks supply of it (in my country anyway). It has also been shown to have an effect on DHT.
I also eat aloevera daily, I have about 40 plants so ive got an endless supply. You can find a study here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2883372/ Although its not the best study when it comes to controls, its still worth trying IMO.

For your eyebrows, ive got no idea, Im guessing that the easiest way would be to get one of those products that women use that they apply every morning. Like some sorta mascara or something - not sure really as Ive never messed with mine lol.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
2D46638D-A277-4AA9-A3A5-C59B119590DD.jpeg

This is the concept. Thoughts? Can it be done with a simple sweat band and scissors? This is no joke btw, few hours at night of actual pressure properly and the fat should go where it needs to go. Repetition and continuity should provide awesome results. I just think that the part close to nose where the band is thin should be a bit thicker. Generally the whole area there should be something like a spoon with volume so that it can push the fat up. I hope I’m explaining this enough :/

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 100673

This is the concept. Thoughts? Can it be done with a simple sweat band and scissors? This is no joke btw, few hours at night of actual pressure properly and the fat should go where it needs to go. Repetition and continuity should provide awesome results. I just think that the part close to nose where the band is thin should be a bit thicker. Generally the whole area there should be something like a spoon with volume so that it can push the fat up. I hope I’m explaining this enough :/

The problem is keeping the fat where it is. Once the retention is lost, it won't stabilize somewhere else.

I'm convinced that if one were to wear that or even more so, a compression garment like they give to facial burn victims during treatment, starting in their twenties, a more youthful face would result even into old age. Kind of like an anti-aging retainer (similar to orthodontia) for the face. (if I knew then what I know now, as the saying goes).

goery

My Regimen
Reaction score
My friend did a plastic surgery after a car accident. She had a scar all over her face and she was totally depressed. Fortunately, her uncle gave her some money to fix it. But even after that, her face is not as cute as it was before. Nevertheless, it's better than being ugly for the rest of your life.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score

Botox is great but gets expensive. In Ireland it’s £240 for 3 areas. Not bad if it’s every 3 months I guess. Have you ever tried ordering some from China? Some of them factories look legitimate. Properly frozen packed etc.

Do you experience any hair shedding from using Tretinion?

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
mini-facelift-patient-before-and-after.jpg

facelift-patient-before-and-after-photos-15a.jpg

I'm considering it.My face got all messed up and I won't age well until a potential cure is out and I resolved my PFS issues which can take years if it gets ever fixed.
Check this guy out, Doctor Jacono. Guy has created a minimally invasive facelift procedure called deep plane facelift that creates natural looks by concentrating on the movement of muscle and fat layers...or so the marketing goes. Not all results look like this, but these two are pretty damn asthonishing.

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm considering it.My face got all messed up and I won't age well until a potential cure is out and I resolved my PFS issues which can take years if it gets ever fixed.
Check this guy out, Doctor Jacono. Guy has created a minimally invasive facelift procedure called deep plane facelift that creates natural looks by concentrating on the movement of muscle and fat layers...or so the marketing goes. Not all results look like this, but these two are pretty damn asthonishing.

What did PFS cause that makes you want to seek surgery?