extremely notable improvement.. after a little more then 6 months..

alfredo9886

Reaction score
hey guys.. i"m posting my story here because I feel that I have responded very well to the treatment and i am looking forward to to seeing the full results in another 6 months time...

I started to show a significant amount of diffuse thining around December of last year. I... like the most of you, began to freak out and look vigorously for a solution. I stumbled across this website and am sure glad i did. the support and information on this site gave me hope and reassurance and there is no other feeling like that of hope & reassurance during male pattern baldness.

Im 25 years old and have no hereditary disposition to male pattern baldness (That I knew of) . so you can see that this took me by surprise. I researched the famous " big 3 "---( minoxidil ( Rogaine) finasteride ( proscar/finstride) nizoral (anti dandruff shampoo) ) and saw that many people have had great success with these three different combinations of treatments while used simultaneously. I paid a visit to my dermatologist and received the RX for Proscar ( a generic version of finstide at an 8th of the price of finasteride) and purchased a 3month supply of Roagine ( foam) along with a bottle of Nizoral. I began my treatment mid January . and waited..

at first ( first month) i was ritualistic about the treatment.. proscar every day, minoxidil twice a day and the Nizoral twice a week. i saw little improvement in the first month. I started getting a little lazy with the minoxidil ( occasionally missing a day ) but have stayed the course with the the proscar. and have discontinued the Nizoral all together.

Today i am using solely The rogaine liquid ( i feel the foam was mostly being absorbed into my hair shafts and not my scalp)usually twice a day ( sometimes only once) and the proscar once a day. i have seen a substantial increase in hair shaft diameter as well as coverage... i will re update this thread in a couple months to show where i stand. thanks again guys.

Attachments

• 6month.jpg
    6month.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 3,570

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
nice results - any particular reason why u discontinued nizoral?

fruitypebbles

Reaction score
Great results so far. Are you taking 1/4 or 1/5 proscar daily? Also, did you have any increased shedding or any other sides from the finasteride? Thanks for the inspiring story.

alfredo9886

Reaction score
Im currently taking 1/4 pill (1.25mg) a day.. I did see a substantial shed during the first month.. but other then that the side affects are nonexistent..

FueledByRice

Reaction score
i feel like nizoral is just to use as a shampoo because you need to wash your hair and might help hairloss a teeny bit, not as something that i would rely results on. what shampoo are you using now?

KindaBugged

Reaction score
Excelent results...and btw, your male pattern baldness have the same pattern as mine, crown and some "strips" to the front. Pretty much like mine.
I have been using finasteride for like 10 months and minoxidil for about 1 month. Nothing changed so far (no shed or improvement), but it is to soon for the minoxidil the show its effect.

baldboy25

Reaction score
wow ur hair really improved!! my hair is just like ur before hair and i am 25. i been using rogaine/nizoral for 4 months, but no luck that i've noted. i will keep it up till the end of 2012... hope i can get ur results!

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
You got to be kidding me, that's awesome! Well done!

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
amazing - congratulations. really great progress.

wstef

Established Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I have seen great results so far.

Have you had any lasting sides?

Congrats, you can't even tell you ever had balding areas!

Has anyone noticed that people who get results seem to get better colouring in their hair? Mine was this awful "mousy brown almost see through" kind of colour, now it's dark brown (looks black when wet).

tedlin01

Established Member
Reaction score
You probably got some great results going on there but I would love to see the after-picture taken with the same conditions as the before one.
I believe in the first pictre your hair is shorter?
Also the hair is combed upwards in the first picture while laying down on the after pic.
Maybe your using some gel or water on the first pic as well?
It is a little bit more exposed then the second as well.

If you could recreate an identical setting for the after picture it would be a really awsome showcase!

j9y

Reaction score
You probably got some great results going on there but I would love to see the after-picture taken with the same conditions as the before one.
I believe in the first pictre your hair is shorter?
Also the hair is combed upwards in the first picture while laying down on the after pic.
Maybe your using some gel or water on the first pic as well?
It is a little bit more exposed then the second as well.

If you could recreate an identical setting for the after picture it would be a really awsome showcase!

I was thinking the same.

Also afredo your baldness looked like patchy bald spots. And on the TOP of your head not at the actual crown? can you confirm? If i am right i would look more like a stress baldness. Im not a expert but your before pic doesnt look like its badling at the crown and its defo balding in patches.....