Extreme Itching With Full Hair System, Any Tips To Stop Itching?

magic8ball

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Ive been wearing a full hair system for the last 4 months. THere are definatel advantages to a full system like not having to worry about blending, and being able to have a higher density all round.
However, one thing that I am really struggling with is the itching at the back of the neck and above the ears. I'm putting it down as that hair still grows thick in those areas, so after a week of wearing the tape is pulling on those hairs.
I never had this issue with a partial system. I really would like to get 2 full weeks before changing but after 7 days the itching gets pretty unbearable to a point where I can't sleep.
Anybody experienced the same? any tips I could follow? I use some protector spray before but doesn't really do anything. Any other sprays that people use?

Noah

Reaction score
How are you removing the hair under your unit? If you use a wet razor, that can cause irritation. The razor makes tiny invisible nicks in your skin, and the adhesive gets in and causes irritation. Better to just buzz with a beard trimmer.

magic8ball

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting point Noah, I used to always use the buzzer. But when I got the full system for the first time the lady shaved with a razor, could that have a lasting effect?

JayNoob

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is something I'm worried about as well if I get started. Do you all ever just leave off the unit and let your hair breathe for hours or so?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is something I'm worried about as well if I get started. Do you all ever just leave off the unit and let your hair breathe for hours or so?

I only had itching when I had my first attachment, and they didn't have any scalp-protector. I also had a full-head bond. Now I am using all tape, or tape/glue (for hairline), and I have no itching, at all.

magic8ball

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not common at all top get itching, I've been wearing for 5 years. I think its just a bad reaction with the back of my neck maybe, who knows.