Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
If estrogen is a poison for you I hope you’re castrated to minimize aromatase activity :rolleyes:
I heard tretionin can cause hairloss and you use it twice a day on scalp.... Just Google tretionin hairloss reddit. So many posts about it making Peoples hair thin. And just a few claims regrowth.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I put one patch for one week?
What about Estrogel and Divigel, there are same..?
Which one can be replace to Estrofem?
Estrogen gel need to be applied every day, Climara and some other brands is changed once a week but for instance estradot patches are changed twice a week.

Xader

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, you must understand that HRT is not a guarantee of success...

Of course you can try it but chances for regrowth are LOW.

Only few lucky ones can see improvement (mostly good minoxidil respodners).

I tried HRT for 5 months and that was the worst decision in my life and even one single hair did not improved (im Norwood 3 and I wear a hair system).

I’ve been taking E2 injections/Finasteride/OM, my blood test (1 month in) was literally perfect:

Testosterone 38ng/dl
Estradiol 211 pg/ml
DHT almost undetectable 25pg/ml
Prolactin 18ng/ml

Last edited:

dani500

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Only few lucky ones can see improvement (mostly good minoxidil respodners).

I tried HRT for 5 months and that was the worst decision in my life and even one single hair did not improved (im Norwood 3 and I wear a hair system).

I’ve been taking E2 injections/Finasteride/OM, my blood test (1 month in) was literally perfect:

Testosterone 38ng/dl
Estradiol 211 pg/ml
DHT almost undetectable 25pg/ml
Prolactin 18ng/ml
I can confirm. Finasteride/dutasteride was as effective as HRT for me. Both maintaining/slowing down loss. If HRT worked my sister would not be diffusing like I am, she is just losing slower.

Regrowth on trans reddit is more or less the same as ones found on tressless. People are just focused on top 5% of posts.

Btw even finasteride 3x a week monotherapy gave me gyno so I had nothing to lose at that point, otherwise I would not risk tits.

Last edited:

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is poison for masculinity and gives man-boobs. The single most unsightly thing on a man after bald head.
Sure. Strangely people have no problem pegging me as a man (joke intended) but they think I'm much younger.
Boobs might not be your thing but they can generally be hidden and strangely enough there are women having no problem with a masc man with boobs. Dunno about gay guys if that's your thing, from what I understand from gay men on estrogen it's a turnoff for most.

I heard tretionin can cause hairloss and you use it twice a day on scalp.... Just Google tretionin hairloss reddit. So many posts about it making Peoples hair thin. And just a few claims regrowth.
Yeah I know but that's not my experience. One option could be using it a few days after needling as IIRC it helped generate new hairs in mice.

True or trannies wouldn't need hairline lowering, transplants, or wigs.
Dunno. You just used it for 5 months, granted some see response in that time but hair regrowth is extremely slow in my experience.

Xader

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can confirm. Finasteride/dutasteride was as effective as HRT for me. Both maintaining/slowing down loss. If HRT worked my sister would not be diffusing like I am, she is just losing slower.

Regrowth on trans reddit is more or less the same as ones found on tressless. People are just focused on top 5% of posts.

Btw even finasteride 3x a week monotherapy gave me gyno so I had nothing to lose at that point, otherwise I would not risk tits.
Exactly.

Many transwomen are starting to take finasteride/dutasteride and minoxidil with HRT and they mostly have hair regrowth because of minoxidil.

I can bet that bridgeburn would have a spectacular regrowth by taking minoxidil and dutasteride alone but he started taking it all at once.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure. Strangely people have no problem pegging me as a man (joke intended) but they think I'm much younger.
Boobs might not be your thing but they can generally be hidden and strangely enough there are women having no problem with a masc man with boobs. Dunno about gay guys if that's your thing, from what I understand from gay men on estrogen it's a turnoff for most.

da f***? Don’t confuse pecs with man-boobs. Man-boobs are disgusting.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have good results with ur treatment?

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
da f***? Don’t confuse pecs with man-boobs. Man-boobs are disgusting.
I'm not? Just saying it can be manageable for some people.

Do you have good results with ur treatment?
Yes, I have to say I do. Had a big bald spot and diffuse thinning all over (likely DUPA) and that's mostly fixed, people even compliment my hair quality. Have better hair now than I had at 15.
But side effects are real, never tried to hide that I got boobs and lowered libido. Not ideal for a man but removing suicidal drive from balding is a win in my book.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really, don’t ever take your shirt off among other people, you will be laughed at.
Yeah I think that was implied that in the original post and the one you just replied to...
Playing Putin would get people confused for sure. Don't think they would dare to laugh however.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not? Just saying it can be manageable for some people.

Yes, I have to say I do. Had a big bald spot and diffuse thinning all over (likely DUPA) and that's mostly fixed, people even compliment my hair quality. Have better hair now than I had at 15.
But side effects are real, never tried to hide that I got boobs and lowered libido. Not ideal for a man but removing suicidal drive from balding is a win in my book.
bro there is nothing worst than baldness and hair thinning!Your regimen is valid?? Do you use any AA bica or cpa?

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bro there is nothing worst than baldness and hair thinning!Your regimen is valid?? Do you use any AA bica or cpa?
Yes the regimen is up to date. Don't need any AA with high enough estrogen levels.
Like the only practical difference between my regimen and that of someone transitioning is that I'm manly enough to not feminize, well, except the boobs.

Do you wear a brassiere to support your bitchtits?
Sports bra. With baggy clothes and layers they're not visible. Have some scars so don't want to go shirtless anyway.