Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm talking about hypochondriacs with BDD like infamousrodi, he checks a mirror every 15min of the day. That's not healthy for anything. Maybe the reason Rysteve has gotten results is because he's patient and not changing things up all the time. Hmm Janey shed to nearly complete baldness but then experienced the most regrowth afterwards. And maybe the reason people don't get results is because they panic and change things up every couple months **cough** bluecyclone.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm talking about hypochondriacs with BDD like infamousrodi, he checks a mirror every 15min of the day. That's not healthy for anything. Maybe the reason Rysteve has gotten results is because he's patient and not changing things up all the time. Hmm Janey shed to nearly complete baldness but then experienced the most regrowth afterwards. And maybe the reason people don't get results is because they panic and change things up every couple months **cough** bluecyclone.
I am in a normal frame of mind when starting a new treatment that is stronger than the previous one. But when the months go by, and the situation worsens, despair and panic begin. I have already experienced this with Finasteride, Dutasteride and Bicalutamide. Now I am on HRT - the strongest treatment. If after 2-3 months I see no signs of improvement, I will be very close to suicide. This will mean that this is the end. But now that I've just started, I calm myself, hoping for the best. But with every month, hope will quickly fade away

Experimentality

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've personally found that the healthier you are, the higher both 5AR expression and aromatase are.

But, in terms of drugs or chemicals, you can find something to upregulate aromatase expression and maybe try to use it topically. Prostaglandin E2, dexamethasone, and ricinoleic acid all upregulate aromatase expression. Or you could bypass all that and try an ER agonist that is highly selective for ER beta and won't cause HPTA dysregulation. 8b-vinylestradiol and WAY-200070 both fit this specification, in theory due to their exceedingly high selectivity for ERb over ERa.
Chiming in here. Not only ER-beta selectivity is important, but also the Relative Transactivational Capacity or Intrinsic Activity (IA) of your ligand. This seems to be forgotten quite often. I strongly encourage everyone interested in ER-beta ligands to read this paper (hyperlink removed). It contains all information that is currently available for known ER-beta agonists.

In short, the IA determines how many genes will be transcribed upon ligand binding with the receptor. Estradiol (E2) has an IA of 100 for both ER-alpha and ER-beta, which is the reference ligand for all other ligands. An IA higher than 100 means that the transcription will be broader than E2, while an IA lower than 100 means the transcription will be narrower than E2. This means that Estriol (E3), with an IA of 11% at ER-alpha and 17% at ER-beta [R], will not activate a very meaningful degree of transcription upon binding. Hence, there are many users that deem E3 as rather weak.

Back to the selective ER-beta ligands. If you want exclusive ER-beta activation, you need a ligand that is very selective for ER-beta (i.e. a high ERa/ERb RBA ratio), a high IA and a high binding affinity. My attention was initially drawn to 8b-vinylestradiol as well, since it has an exceptionally good selectivity (180-fold, functionally 46-fold [R]). However, when investigating the IA, it was only 45.8 relative to E2 [R]. I have not been able to find anything about WAY-200070, but I would be sceptical. There are not many ligands with a very high IA and simultaneously good selectivity for ER-beta.

The best option would be Erteberel, which has a functional selectivity of 32 for ER-beta, and is a full agonist of both receptors with an IA of 101 at ER-beta and 94 at ER-alpha [R]. Futhermore, Erteberel does not inhibit the HTPA axis as per [R] up until 25mg daily orally, and shows low bioavailability [R]. This makes it theoretically a great choice to effectively use topically in very low dosages. The downside if you want to test this is that it will cost you roughly $1500 per gram (untested from China).

However, personally I am sceptical about selective ER-beta activation. I think there is too little evidence that points exclusively in the direction of ER-beta. Yes, in murine models ER-alpha arrests hair growth [R], but this does not necessarily translate to human hair follicles. In murine models, E2 induces catagen [R], but in human hair follicles, E2 prolongs anagen in male frontotemporal HF's [R]. Not only does this indicate a completely different mechanism between men and women, it also indicates that there are regional differences in the scalp where E2 can be highly effective or detrimental. Obviously, estrogens are still extremely complex, but I do not think ER-alpha (which is the larger estrogen receptor by far) can be excluded at all.

Apologies for the lengthy reply. I hope some may find it useful.

Edit: I noticed that links to research that I included (the [R]'s) have been removed because of new member restrictions. If anyone wants to check a source, feel free to ask.

Last edited:

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got the first injection on the 19th. Enanthate has a long half-life, but I feel like it has started to work. Probably, my T is already lowered, and E is at a high level. I feel a little discomfort in my breast. On June 4th I will show you my E and T tests
I plan to stay on HRT until the new year, maybe until the end of January. I'm not sure if this is enough for hair restoration, but staying on HRT for a longer time is simply not safe from the point of view of unwanted effects. 6-8 months, no more. Break for at least half a year
1624459861688.png

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How frequently will you be taking it?
The good thing about enanthate is that it has a long half-life, as you can see in the graph above. This allows 1 injection every 2 weeks, I find it optimal for enanthate. It is very convenient, cheap and effective, which is why I chose this option. The E level on the last day before the next injection should be at least 300 pg/ml

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The good thing about enanthate is that it has a long half-life, as you can see in the graph above. This allows 1 injection every 2 weeks, I find it optimal for enanthate. It is very convenient, cheap and effective, which is why I chose this option. The E level on the last day before the next injection should be at least 300 pg/ml
And what else are you taking?

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And what else are you taking?
finasteride 1mg, Bica 50mg
I'm not sure if Bicalutamide does anything for the hair, because I still didn't answer it, and it doesn't help women at least half of the time. I hope that on HRT I will not continue to go bald as women do

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Rysteve93 real quick, just wondering about your side effects at this dosage, and blood work if any?
yeah mate here’s a little list of things I can remember from the top of my head, no blood work ever done mate. While on high dosages of loniten I kept an eye on my blood pressure.

Loniten 5-10mg - no side effects.
Loniten side effects at 30-40mg.. irregular heart beats, low energy, weak.. excessive nose bleeds, puffy eyes apon waking up in the morning, sore heads

Avodart - first 6months - 1yr - no sex drive (none). Extended sheds.

bic - small gyno, sore to touch, lower sex drive, sore heads, rashs/pimples.

Last edited:

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah mate here’s a little list of things I can remember from the top of my head, no blood work ever done mate. While on high dosages of loniten I kept an eye on my blood pressure.

Loniten 5-10mg - no side effects.
Loniten side effects at 30-40mg.. irregular heart beats, low energy, weak.. excessive nose bleeds, puffy eyes apon waking up in the morning, sore heads

Avodart - first 6months - 1yr - no sex drive (none). Extended sheds.

bic - small gyno, sore to touch, lower sex drive, sore heads, rashs/pimples.

This is my temples about 1.5 years ago when I shaved my head for the summer because my hair was so whispy and thin.
Thank you for the details. Do you still have the gyno? Or did you take something like arimidex?

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine being 75 and you’re sat thinking about your life and how you never went swimming in the sea on a warm night because your hair was thin or receding. Imagine realising you never laughed until you couldn’t breathe because your teeth weren’t straight or white enough. You never embraced the sun on the beach because of the stretch marks on your stomach and your hips. You never allowed yourself to let go and have fun because the pressure to look perfect consumed you.

Imagine being 75 and realising you’ve hidden yourself away for the fear of being real. Imagine realising all the years you wasted hating yourself, but now it’s too late to go swim in the sea late at night. Now it hurts to laugh for more than a few seconds and you’re too weak to travel to the beach. Imagine realising all this time you were perfect the way you were, but now it’s too late to do anything about it.

Don’t let that happen. Live now, as you are. You deserve to realise you’re enough and always have been, before you’re 75.

- don’t be too hard on yourself, yes granted Hair loss definitely does impact your confidence, but your more than that! Do what you can to fix your hair or self confidence but don’t let it consume your life. Your mind set is everything!!

cheers

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine being 75 and you’re sat thinking about your life and how you never went swimming in the sea on a warm night because your hair was thin or receding. Imagine realising you never laughed until you couldn’t breathe because your teeth weren’t straight or white enough. You never embraced the sun on the beach because of the stretch marks on your stomach and your hips. You never allowed yourself to let go and have fun because the pressure to look perfect consumed you.

Imagine being 75 and realising you’ve hidden yourself away for the fear of being real. Imagine realising all the years you wasted hating yourself, but now it’s too late to go swim in the sea late at night. Now it hurts to laugh for more than a few seconds and you’re too weak to travel to the beach. Imagine realising all this time you were perfect the way you were, but now it’s too late to do anything about it.

Don’t let that happen. Live now, as you are. You deserve to realise you’re enough and always have been, before you’re 75.

- don’t be too hard on yourself, yes granted Hair loss definitely does impact your confidence, but your more than that! Do what you can to fix your hair or self confidence but don’t let it consume your life. Your mind set is everything!!

cheers
Regret = delusion.
A realistic best case scenario is you got humiliated for all those things behind your back, and worst case in front of you, because that means people dont respect you, if they gossip they respect you enough not to insult you to your face, or the worst worst case is they gossip because they pity you that much so they wont do anything in front of you.
Looking perfect is not the same as looking like a normal human being which has straight white teeth, decent hair and stretch marks dont matter lol.

You took E2, high dose loniten, bica, dutasteride, but yeah its all about not regretting it fam.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regret = delusion.
A realistic best case scenario is you got humiliated for all those things behind your back, and worst case in front of you, because that means people dont respect you, if they gossip they respect you enough not to insult you to your face, or the worst worst case is they gossip because they pity you that much so they wont do anything in front of you.
Looking perfect is not the same as looking like a normal human being which has straight white teeth, decent hair and stretch marks dont matter lol.

You took E2, high dose loniten, bica, dutasteride, but yeah its all about not regretting it fam.
Yeah mate c**** like you have 0 chance. Enjoy your shitty insecurities mate haha. I took? I still take and will keep taking son. It’s c**** like you that are the problem here man, miserable, negative c***. I don’t give a f*** if you quote me and show everyone how insecure you are “not a normal looking human haha.” f*** me mate get a grip