Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide shows its side effects during the first days or months if you have an individual intolerance. If you carry it, you are not in danger. You can have liver tests done once a year. If problems arise, you can take a break and start again.

But I think that if you do not have intolerance like older people with cancer, you are not in danger.
I make a big distinction between long and short-run and amounts also. Many MtF's won't use synthetics at all except for AA's. I use Premarin; I have tried spironolactone and use provera but my goal it to restore with unlimited pregnancy levels of estradiol and maybe a couple of the others like duta and then maintain at normal cis-female levels using only non-oral estradiol at ~300 to ~500 mg which I think is sustainable forever. My thesis is also that when hair is restored, fibrosis is gone at least for a while and that restored hair is back to square one and not dependent on anything for MtF's but estradiol. But you are right that I also think this will feminize everyone completely for the most part even if not visible through clothes.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide is safe for the long term, if your body is healthy. You should look for symptomes in the first months. If everything is okay, you're good, even for 20 years on bica without any health problems. I plan to use Bica for as long as I can, till I can't tolerate it. I hope that in 20-30 years, there is a "cure" for this sh*t.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide is safe for the long term, if your body is healthy. You should look for symptomes in the first months. If everything is okay, you're good, even for 20 years on bica without any health problems. I plan to use Bica for as long as I can, till I can't tolerate it. I hope that in 20-30 years, there is a "cure" for this sh*t.
As long as very smart and busy scientists like Dr. Rassman believe DHT is the only culprit in baldness, we will not find a cure. Trichologists are rubbish who understands nothing about baldness

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
As long as very smart and busy scientists like Dr. Rassman believe DHT is the only culprit in baldness, we will not find a cure. Trichologists are rubbish who understands nothing about baldness
Very true, thats why I went to an andrologist. I will soon visit him again and talk with him about Bicalutamide.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys are rapidly accumulating knowledge but I would encourage maybe an outline or a "coming out" presentation about what your hopes are, reasonable risks, etc. The goal of mine was to find a middle path but I am dubious but people should be dubious about everything related to regrowth of male hair. Please do consider for yourself, nothing to do with others or proving anything, therapeutic input like I get from my weekly therapist. Dysphoria can be deadly and it destroyed my life. But that's the past.

Even if the hair thing doesn't match your hopes, there are thrilling things to do in life, like travel to South America or take the train east to Siberia and China.... Join the French Foreign Legion...

I better finally sleep but in the words of my hair idol Brad Pitt:

"It's only after disaster can we be resurrected; it's only after you've lost everything that you are free to do anything.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread has gone nowhere. So many posts from people without a clue and it is sad to know other readers skimming thru posts will not hesitate to take their arguments at face value. Better information is out there. Even wikipedia provides some good and fact checked answers. So I am not sure what's stopping those ignorant imbeciles to go read for themselves instead of posting complete non sense they read from some random place and for others to repeat them without even questioning their veracity. No wonder there are so many delusional people out there running around switching regimen every few weeks and still desperate to see three hair growing back watching the mirror 50 times a day. Bridgeburn even show us that sticking to basic facts and applying those long enough will eventually work using perseverance and determination. Bridgeburn wasn't perfect and could have gone a step farther in his adoption of hrt like doing and sharing lab work. But the first dozen pages here demonstrate a way to partially transition and if you skip his trials and errors he admitted doing at the beginning you will save yourselves to go thru some pretty scary stuff and use his notes to land on a strong and already proven regimen to regrow hair abeit lose some other functions, a choice he deliberately made ("regrow hair or die trying") that when you think about it is a bit wild and that some of you should seriously consider before adopting his ultimate philosophy.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even wikipedia provides some good and fact checked answers
And where do you think we get the information from?
But the first dozen pages here demonstrate a way to partially transition and if you skip his trials and errors he admitted doing at the beginning you will save yourselves to go thru some pretty scary stuff and use his notes to land on a strong and already proven regimen to regrow hair abeit lose some other functions, a choice he deliberately made ("regrow hair or die trying") that when you think about it is a bit wild and that some of you should seriously consider before adopting his ultimate philosophy
Bridgeburn is not optimal. If I decided to take drastic measures, I would follow the example of Ikarus and use 50mg Bica + 2mg Estradiol. But judging by Maave's results, estradiol is not necessary, he achieved temple regrowth on Bicalutamide monotherapy, like DHTcel.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, It's expensive being me. $30,000 for gum transplants and now veneers. I have found short-cuts so far to avoid surgery but I support it for everyone for any reason. Go fight with E-Kitten not me.:)

Fair enough, I'm not trying to.

I just was a bit weirded out by your aversion to cosmetic procedures, they really can be positively life changing.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Our opinions differ greatly. I, Ein, Ikarus, DHTcel - we all have different opinions on how to properly treat baldness. I agree with some statements, but not with some. This fall, we will get closer to solving the problem, because we will find out what my treatment option will give, which repeats Ein's version
Any news from DHTcel? Haven’t heard from him in a while even though I reached out

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been taking it for a month, I need to give it 6-9 months before evaluating the effect, because I am taking a low dose. Now, from the effects, I only got a decrease in sebum production
You should notice in a few weeks a total drop in sebum production. You might be able to wash your hair every 3 days or 4 lol.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should notice in a few weeks a total drop in sebum production. You might be able to wash your hair every 3 days or 4 lol.
My skin was always abnormally oily, shine 10 minutes after washing, and after two hours my face was literally wet with grease. Finally, this curse does not torment me. I hate the effects of testosterone
I have tremendous receptor sensitivity, so I have been suffering from this since the age of 13. It will be interesting to know my T level, I always thought it was very high due to my skin and beard growth at 12-13 years old

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If a teenager at the age of 12-16 has very oily facial skin, acne, then he has an increased risk of baldness
Hell, testosterone makes us bald and pimpled, and estrogen makes our skin perfect by growing gorgeous hair. Sometimes I start to hate T.This is the hormone of ugliness

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
If a teenager at the age of 12-16 has very oily facial skin, acne, then he has an increased risk of baldness
Hell, testosterone makes us bald and pimpled, and estrogen makes our skin perfect by growing gorgeous hair. Sometimes I start to hate T.This is the hormone of ugliness
Yeah well true... I can just agree.

But T makes us then again strong and, well, "dominant" xD

Nimos0651

My Regimen
Reaction score
That will be coming in august, a full hair growth cycle takes about 5-6 months, so assuming all goes to plan and nothing bad happens in between I should have some excellent regrowth.

Right now it's more about the inhibition of shedding, it's stopping quite abruptly and I can already see the difference.

Even my wife is like "holy sh*t this stuff is turning your hair around".
I started a similar regimen 1 month ago and am seeing tiny vellus hairs under my hairline. Still way too early to tell

Nimos0651

My Regimen
Reaction score
And where do you think we get the information from?

Bridgeburn is not optimal. If I decided to take drastic measures, I would follow the example of Ikarus and use 50mg Bica + 2mg Estradiol. But judging by Maave's results, estradiol is not necessary, he achieved temple regrowth on Bicalutamide monotherapy, like DHTcel.
Do these guys have before and after pictures anywhere?