Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Igf-1, hmmm

"Men with higher levels of testosterone were more likely to have vertex baldness (odds ratio [OR] = 2.5, 95% confidence interval [CI: 0.9 to 7.8] per 194 ng/dL increment of testosterone). In addition, for each 59 ng/mL increase in IGF-1, the odds of having vertex baldness doubled (95% CI [1.0 to 4.6]). Those who were found to have higher circulating levels of SHBG were less likely to have dense hair on their chest (OR = 0.4, 95% CI [0.1 to 0.9] per 24 nmol/L increment in SHBG])."

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
"These effects may be associated with high levels of circulating IGF-1 [56] which directly stimulates the activity of the androgen receptor.[57] It is also possible that IGF-1 stimulates the activity of 5α-reductase in the skin which increases the local production of dihydrotestosterone converted from testosterone.[58]

The mechanisms by which androgens stimulate hair growth are not fully understood but may be mediated by IGF-1 from the dermal papilla. For example, Itami et al [59] demonstrated that androgens are capable of stimulating proliferation of the beard papilla cells but not the outer root sheath (ORS) cells. However, when ORS cells are cocultured with the papilla cells without cell contact, androgens are able to stimulate their growth. In addition, they found that IGF-1 mRNA is expressed in the papilla but not in ORS and suggested the proliferation of ORS cells in androgen-induced hair growth is mediated by IGF-1 from the papilla.[59]

In summary, regulation of human hair growth by androgen is probably mediated by IGF-1 in the dermal papilla. In male scalp, high levels of IGF-1 may increase the androgen receptor activity and dihydrotestosterone levels and these result in an increased propensity for baldness"

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't touch estradiol you young man. It's not worth, believe me. Even 150 mg of bicalutamide would be too much. spironolactone at a dose of 300 mg has feminised me.
Show before and after of your feminization. Why don't some people understand that feminization isn't that easy with AAs only. Even trans people have to opt for surgeries.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Show before and after of your feminization. Why don't some people understand that feminization isn't that easy with AAs only. Even trans people have to opt for surgeries.
People are telling me that I look like a girl and I myself am observing this. My facial fat is depositing in the female-like pattern. My gyno is getting worse and my hips are getting a bit wider. Although, these effects would not be seen within 6 months of the treatment, but close to the one year mark it would be evident.

PS; why do you think that I would post my pictures on this public forum?

Last edited:

BOLLYnorWOOD

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that depends on how long the hair follicles have been dormant for either med to provide regrowth. Both have the potential, but it's far from a guarantee. Studies on eunuchs demonstrate that androgen suppression only halts hair loss and doesn't provide growth. But unlike castration, bica also raises E levels, which increased E has been shown in multiple studies to trigger a shift from vellus to terminal hair in men.
Thanks for the detaild information. I really appreciate your knowledge. The E levels that bica (150 mg) can raise, to how much estradiol dosages are those levels equivalent? And what stage of gyno do you have on E?

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the detaild information. I really appreciate your knowledge. The E levels that bica (150 mg) can raise, to how much estradiol dosages are those levels equivalent? And what stage of gyno do you have on E?
"At a dosage of 150 mg/day, bicalutamide has been found to increase estradiol levels by about 1.5- to 2.5-fold (65–146% increase)."

My gyno is noticeable without a shirt, but pretty easy to cover though.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tempted to go back on bi-estro cream on hairline.

Thoughts?
Estradiol has moderate skin permeability, which is based on the lipophilicity and hydrophilicity of a compound.[9] In general, the more hydroxyl groups that are present in a steroid, the less its skin permeability.[9] For this reason, estrone and progesterone have higher skin permeability, while estriol and cortisol have lower skin permeability.[9]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacokinetics_of_estradiol

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
Estradiol has moderate skin permeability, which is based on the lipophilicity and hydrophilicity of a compound.[9] In general, the more hydroxyl groups that are present in a steroid, the less its skin permeability.[9] For this reason, estrone and progesterone have higher skin permeability, while estriol and cortisol have lower skin permeability.[9]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacokinetics_of_estradiol

Interesting, thanks.

Coincidentally, I am doing Progesterone cream (bio identical) on balls, twice daily (morning and night), as well as oral, 100mg.

I wasn't sure if bi-estro was helping or hurting previously, but the sheer amount of little black hairs that were popping up on and around hairline; and the fact that they are all gone after months of stopping bi-estro, says it all.

Mr. Grey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting, thanks.

Coincidentally, I am doing Progesterone cream (bio identical) on balls, twice daily (morning and night), as well as oral, 100mg.

I wasn't sure if bi-estro was helping or hurting previously, but the sheer amount of little black hairs that were popping up on and around hairline; and the fact that they are all gone after months of stopping bi-estro, says it all.

What happens with your balls?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have erection? or libido?
Lol, I've said it quite a few time, sex drive is gone, i don't care about sex, i dont think about sex, I'm a demisexual anyways, sex is meaningless and im not interested unless i love the person, my feelings are my sex drive, yes dick works nothing is wrong, why do you guys worry so much about your penis it's ridiculous.