Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Letsdoit

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for at least 5 years, though I think it lost it's effectiveness about 3 years ago. Luckily hrt seemed to pick up where it left off. But Ive been wanting to make the jump from finasteride to dutasteride and then maybe switch out spironolactone for bica for maximum effect. But for sure worried about the potential to induce telogen effluvium.

Do you think it's necessary to take AAs for maximum result when you're on injections? I just did my first injection and finally I can quit cypro. At what dose did you achieve good levels?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Contact admin and moderators instead. They will understand you.

Re DHTcel, I also have love-hate relationship w him, but never did we harm each other.

I’ve contacted them to delete my account.

Have you been given a reason?

I want my account deleted.

I think he means he wants his account deleted because of the mass disliking of his posts. I think he should stay though.

Correct. If people are curious about my results, I will be creating a discord chat based around the results of HRT or anti-androgens.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think it's necessary to take AAs for maximum result when you're on injections? I just did my first injection and finally I can quit cypro. At what dose did you achieve good levels?
My injection dosage is .35ml of a 20mg/ml vial a week. I started at .5ml, but had to lower my dosage a couple times since my estradiol level was too high at close to 600pg/ml. Now it sits between 200-300pg/ml.

My T level has hovered between 12-16ng/dl for about 6 months on injections. Granted I was initially on 150mg/day spironolactone as well. I've since lowered the spironolactone dose several weeks ago to 50mg/day and haven't had a blood test since to see if my T level has fluctuated much at all. So I don't think an AA is necessary to keep T levels down on injections. But I do worry about the possibility of androgen sensitivity increasing as a response to lower T as the body tries to compensate. Thus why I'm considering Bica/duta still, but in reality have no idea if it's overkill.

itsyaboi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
apparently the shed can last around 6 months, idk if you saw my pic from a few pages back, but thats my hair now after 3 weeks on dutasteride lol, most of the front half of my scalp is shiny and bald now.

How long into dutasteride did you notice this shed happening? I’ve been on it since like June or July so I’m low-key worried I’ll just be hit with some massive shed out of nowhere?

I started using it a good month or so before starting estradiol and bica so maybe the shed happened before that idk idk.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long into dutasteride did you notice this shed happening? I’ve been on it since like June or July so I’m low-key worried I’ll just be hit with some massive shed out of nowhere?

I started using it a good month or so before starting estradiol and bica so maybe the shed happened before that idk idk.

it started immediately, for some people it can start 3 months into taking the drug, some people have it after 6 months, its different every time i think.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope you stay ikarus, you shouldn't be hounded off this site with your results and knowledge going with you. If you leave because of the mass disliking you are giving him the exact sort of reaction he wants.
I agree. Its a big shame that Ikarus is leaving, but I can understand why the mass disliking of his posts was upsetting to him. I personally think that the "dislike" button should be removed from this site and there should only be a "like" button that you can click on.

itsyaboi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it started immediately, for some people it can start 3 months into taking the drug, some people have it after 6 months, its different every time i think.

Oh damn; is a massive f*** off shed *guaranteed* or are there factors that allow it to work even without yeeting all the hairs off a scalp?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree. Its a big shame that Ikarus is leaving, but I can understand why the mass disliking of his posts was upsetting to him. I personally think that the "dislike" button should be removed from this site and there should only be a "like" button that you can click on.

It’s not even just that, it’s the amount of emails I am getting notifying me of the dislikes lmao...

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh damn; is a massive f*** off shed *guaranteed* or are there factors that allow it to work even without yeeting all the hairs off a scalp?
Lmao, if you look it up, its way more common to shed on 5-ar inhibitors, than it is to not shed on them, i wish i knew how to keep my scalp from yeeting all the hair off xD, usually we just power through to the end of it and then the haor is supposed to grow back a sh*t ton thicker, sometimes it takes like 3-4 massive sheds to get there though (using duta alone)

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao, if you look it up, its way more common to shed on 5-ar inhibitors, than it is to not shed on them, i wish i knew how to keep my scalp from yeeting all the hair off xD, usually we just power through to the end of it and then the haor is supposed to grow back a sh*t ton thicker, sometimes it takes like 3-4 massive sheds to get there though (using duta alone)

supposedly after about a year it stabilizes and your scalp calms down with the shedding.